Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

True?

hal900x

Augur
27254.jpg

Black

Arcane
In haven there's no bethesda and bioware. And Tim Cain is happily married to MCA who rule over all games.

IronicNeurotic

Arbiter
Black said:
In haven there's no bethesda and bioware. And Tim Cain is happily married to MCA who rule over all games.

So, Brian Mitsoda and George Ziets are Archangels?

Kaanyrvhok

Arbiter
I cant argue with it. Especially Bioware's dialog and Square Enix's stories.

Murk

Arcane
On the topic of cut-scenes... am I the only person who prefers games to feature in-engine scenes instead of fmv take-overs?

Anyone else share this opinion?

Mikayel said:
On the topic of cut-scenes... am I the only person who prefers games to feature in-engine scenes instead of fmv take-overs?

Anyone else share this opinion?
Eh, depends how much different they look from regular gameplay. Today's graphics look good enough to use in-game cut-scenes but FMV like in say, Diablo 2 wouldn't translate at all in engine. I wish the real time cutscenes had better use of lighting, mood and cinematography though.

Kreia

Novice
Feh. A better example of Biowarian Dialog is how asking for money for performing a service is somehow "evil".

Kreia said:
Feh. A better example of Biowarian Dialog is how asking for money for performing a service is somehow "evil".
Will you help us?

1. By Lord's Name, I will do so for nothing more than your honor!
2. Fuck you shitface, get your gold and I'll do it.
3. Goodbye.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
Lately, it's been more like

1. Okay.
2. Okay, but I want some monies too.
3. No, I'll neve--... Okay.

Relay

Educated
Kreia said:

Well, this is what far leftists actually believe.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Relay said:
Kreia said:

Well, this is what far leftists actually believe.

Bioware is full of commies so they use subtle propaganda in their games.

racofer said:
Bioware is the only company that is good and bad at making dialogs.

Fuck yeah.

I'd take Obsidian/Valve/fuckload of other devs to write dialogues instead of Bioware anytime actually.

They aren't both good and bad at dialogues. They're just bad.

Deleted Member 10432

The Ninth Circle said:
Kreia said:
Will you help us?

1. By Lord's Name, I will do so for nothing more than your honor!
2. Fuck you shitface, get your gold and I'll do it.
3. Goodbye.
No, no.
It's:

"Will you help us?"
1. Why, good sirrah, verily wilt I assist to thine aid, forsooth.
2. Nay, I shalt not. Sikerly.
3. I shalt killeth thee, yclept!!!
4. I'll be going now.

Remember: the choice to extort always comes after you've done the task in Bioware's three quests.

(And yes, Bioware's grasp of older forms of English is that awful.)

torpid

Liturgist
Avellonefags everywhere. Fallout NV is Josh Sawyer's baby -- don't take that away from him and credit the game to MCA to satisfy your lust. MCA's resume is now saddled with Alpha Protocol :smug:

Avellone cannot into gameplay

Jaesun said:
IronicNeurotic said:
Black said:

So, Brian Mitsoda and George Ziets are Archangels?

I now know what heaven truly is.

I think it needs some Leonard Boyarsky in there too.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom