Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

FNV The Professional perk

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Is it just my imagination or is The Professional perk reference to Leon the Professional? You know, the gun, the cap, the glasses and the beard really remind me of Leon but I think he didn't have a coat and I don't know what does that plant in a flowerpot is doing there. Was there any official statement or someone from Obsidian wrote about it anywhere?

FNV_perk_The_Professional.jpg

site_28_rand_445390703_leon_large.gif

leon.jpg

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
Yes.

The plant, stubble, coat, hat and sunglasses make it an undeniable reference to Luc Besson's great film "Leon".

Leon.jpg

dolio

Scholar
Isn't it pretty obvious?

And he's wearing a trench coat in both of the pictures you linked to.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
One of the best games ever references to one of the best movies ever? That's a serious incline :salute:

Konjad

Patron
dolio said:
And he's wearing a trench coat in both of the pictures you linked to.

Yeah, didn't remember that cloak and the pic reminded me about it but I forgot to remove it from the post.

I still don't remember the plant... time to watch that movie again!

SoupNazi

Did you really have to ask this? Or were you just hoping you'd look smart for noticing something that is extremely obvious? Either way, dumbfuck.

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
There are a quite a few movie references in New Vegas. I think most of them require the Wild Wasteland perk though. Leon is the only one in the vanilla version I think.

With Wild Wasteland, you can find
Owen and Beru Skywalker in Nipton.
and
Indiana Jones in a refrigerator.

Konjad

Patron
SoupNazi said:
Did you really have to ask this? Or were you just hoping you'd look smart for noticing something that is extremely obvious? Either way, dumbfuck.

Why so much hate :(

Are there other perks that reference to games/movies/books/whatever?

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
I am the king of the fast reply!

Well, I'm off to the bathroom. Don't answer any questions until I get back.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Do you know what's great with Leon?

Fucking Ennio Morricone music, man.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Guys guys is it me or is this guy Cesar from Cesars Legion somehow a reference to Gaius Iulius Caesar? I played the game and BAM it hit me. Pretty cool eh?

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Konjad What's a name of a person who caused that movie even happen. Who was Leon's precursor?

Guys guys is it me or is this guy Cesar
Actually he was just a history buff who liked that age.

Murk

Arcane
Has some awesome pedo overtones, how is that not up your alley Gragt?

obediah

Erudite
Konjad said:
SoupNazi said:

Why so much hate :(

Because you're spraying your stupid all over the place. Go back to the IGN forums.

The perk was no One Hander trait, as far as stats go pistols seemed worthless next to rifles.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom