Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

hanssolo

Educated
Jools said:
I love people who actually believe in Satan (I mean, those who actually do, not just goth posers and similar fake wannabes) and wish his forthcoming. Like, yeah, you know, it's really cool, when the ULTIMATE LORD OF CHAOS AND DESTRUCTION comes back, he will surely acknowledge them for having believed in him all this time and reward them.

With an extremely and horrible pain-fucking-ful death, if not eternal pain.

220px-Anton_LaVey_photo.jpg

Anton LaVey wants to have a word with you.

dolio

Scholar
Jools said:
I love people who actually believe in Satan (I mean, those who actually do, not just goth posers and similar fake wannabes) and wish his forthcoming.
I love people who actually think such people exist outside of movies, and some people's paranoid fantasies.

IronicNeurotic

Arbiter
dolio said:
Jools said:
I love people who actually believe in Satan (I mean, those who actually do, not just goth posers and similar fake wannabes) and wish his forthcoming.
I love people who actually think such people exist outside of movies, and some people's paranoid fantasies.

Considering I shared a flat for three years with one....

Yeah I'm pretty sure they exist.

:thumbsup:

Oaken

Novice
Protip: Satanists don't actually worship Satan.
Protip: Worshiping Satan would be idiotic anyway because he's locked up in hell according to mythology.

Aothan

Magister
from what I recall there are two groups of Satanists: those who acknowledge and worship Satan according to an ideological framework, and another group which disregards the notion of Satan as an actual entity whilst adhering to the same ideology.

Kaldurenik said:
Well i just my copy of Arcanum

Installing it now :D
Well, jeeze, I wonder what you will say about it. Really, it will be a surprise. I'm sure I've never heard anything like it previously, nope.

Kaldurenik

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
So i got further into the game but died because my characer is to weak. Sooo im going to start all over again. Any basic suggestions on how to build a mage?

Also i got all the patches + the unoffical one.

SolipsisticUrge

Educated
There are also apparently "satanists" who claim to worship the Sumerian deity Enki, who apparently stood in opposition to Enlil in the Annunaki and tried to rescue humanity from plans for genocide by flooding.

I know this because some stoned fucker at the bar wouldn't shut the hell up about it, maybe six months ago.

Johannes

Arcane
Kaldurenik said:
So i got further into the game but died because my characer is to weak. Sooo im going to start all over again. Any basic suggestions on how to build a mage?

Get Harm

Kaldurenik

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Johannes said:
Kaldurenik said:

Get Harm

Okey i will look around for him, thanks!

turrican

Educated
Hi,

After lurking around for quite some time, I also registered an account here. Do not want to spam the codex with a new thread, hence writing my short introduction here.

I mostly played Amiga 500 and DOS RPGs a la Amberstar, DSA (Realms of Arcadia) and so on.

Kaldurenik said:
Good day everyone!

A person over at GS told me about this place so i have been lurking around and reading a few topics here and now i think its time to make a account and start posting!

So lets start with my first question! Are there any more GOOD rpg's out there that i might have missed?

So what have i played? Well most of the rpg's out there (- the games that are super hard to get now days). So here is a list:

*Baldurs Gate 1,2
*Planescapetorment
*NWN1,2
*Diablo 1,2
*Icewinddale
*Might and magic V-IX
*Sacred 1,2
*The Witcher
*SW kotor 1,2
*Dungeon Siege 1,2
*Mass Effect 1,2
*Jade Empire
*Dragon Age origins (not the expansion)
*Daggerfall, morrowind,oblivion
*Gothic 3
*Risen
*Two Worlds 1,2
*Fable
*Vampires TM
*Divinity 2
*Titan Quest
And a few JRPG's for example Chronotrigger

Also im playing Wizardry 8 right now.

So any games that i have missed that is quiet good?

Kaldurenik said:
Posted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:01 pm

racofer said:
Sup drog.

racofer said:
Posted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:03 pm

:incline:

Suchy

Arcane
Kaldurenik said:
Is Deus ex worth it even if im not a huge fps fan?

I tried to order Fallout 1,2 but they did not have it in any of the stores (well it was a while ago) i guess i could try again.

$6
http://www.gog.com/en/gamecard/fallout
http://www.gog.com/en/gamecard/fallout_2
Also Fallout: New Vegas (skip Fallout 3).

Deus Ex, a shooter with stats, does a better job at being an RPG than the most of so called "true" RPGs.

Bloodlines - sequel to Vampire The Masquerade, except this time it's a good RPG, not a mindless hack&slash. Gameplay is somewhat similar to Deus Ex.

Betrayal at Krondor. A real classic, still unmatched. It's free, just google it.

Oh, and hi drog.

Jools

Eater of Apples
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Insert Title Here Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
dolio said:
Jools said:

Believe it or not, there are quite such faggots, and I've met a few in person. It's hard to believe they're not joking at first, but when you realise they actually mean/believe it, it's all lolz. If you never met one, just consider yourself lucky.

Jools

Eater of Apples
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Insert Title Here Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Suchy said:
Kaldurenik said:
Is Deus ex worth it even if im not a huge fps fan?

I tried to order Fallout 1,2 but they did not have it in any of the stores (well it was a while ago) i guess i could try again.

$6
http://www.gog.com/en/gamecard/fallout
http://www.gog.com/en/gamecard/fallout_2
Also Fallout: New Vegas (skip Fallout 3).

Deus Ex, a shooter with stats, does a better job at being an RPG than the most of so called "true" RPGs.

Bloodlines - sequel to Vampire The Masquerade, except this time it's a good RPG, not a mindless hack&slash. Gameplay is somewhat similar to Deus Ex.

Betrayal at Krondor. A real classic, still unmatched. It's free, just google it.

Oh, and hi drog.

On that note, I had a thought, last night. Far Cry 2 actually does a better job at being an RPG (despite being a shooter with "stats", even if they're not real stats but more like skills, a la ME/AP), with C&C, than many so-called RPG's. That said, I did not really like it: the "sandbox" approach has been used again as a lame excuse not to come up with a decent plot/storyline (Morrowind, anyone?).

I definitively agree on VTMB, which I'm replaying these days: awesome story, a couple of decent C&C examples, good writing, incredible voice acting, immersive atmosphere (so immersive that these days I'm driving around with the OST playing in my car, and when it's night, I give suspicious looks to people walking around).

Another plus is its leveling sistem, which is "levelup-free": as in Drakensang, you just assign skill points to skills/feats as you go alond, thee is no "DING!".

The only real flaw, the awkwardness of the engine: being the first game ever released on the Source engine (after HL2), it can take a while to get used to the clunky, superfast, weird movement and animations. Still, more than awesome game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom