Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Mass Effect 3 - Shepard is Our Only Hope

Jason

chasing a bee
Tags: BioWare; Mass Effect 3

<p>The other grand announcement at the Spike TV Video Game Awards was <a href="http://www.gametrailers.com/video/vga-10-mass-effect/708363" target="_blank"><strong>Mass Effect 3</strong></a>. The trailer doesn't reveal all that much about the game other than Earth has been invaded and it's up to Shepard to save us/doom us/romance us. There will also be a little shooting. Keep an eye out for it next holiday season, 2011.<br /><br /><em>Thanks to Kharn</em></p>

ortucis

Prophet
NPC#908: "It's a suicide mission. Fate of the universe depends on this super-urgent-awesome-mustDoNOW mission."

... hours.. days later..

Shepard: "I am commander, this is my favorite store on the citadel." - Do I get the discount now? I need this gear to save galaxy from imminent destruction you guys. Can SOMEONE PAY FOR THE FUCKING GEAR OR GIVE ME DISCOUNT ALREADY?? ANYONE???

- FIN

QUEST: COMMANDER SHEPARD SAVE THE GALAXY

CHOICES:
-FUCK YOU SIR IM DOING IT
-YES SIR YES
-ON MY WAY
-WORKING ON IT
-ROGTHER THAT

CONSEQUENCES:

grotsnik

Arcane
The Millennium Wheel's going to stand the test of time, it seems. Oh, good.

relootz

Scholar
whatisthisshit.gif

CrimHead

Scholar
That was actually one of the better scenes in Mass Effect. Sovereign sounds like a Lovecraftian creation. "you simply don't understand" is, like in Lovecraft, a valid plot device if used correctly. I have other problems with mass effect besides its story, though.

Pussycat669

Liturgist
CrimHead said:
That was actually one of the better scenes in Mass Effect. Sovereign sounds like a Lovecraftian creation. "you simply don't understand" is, like in Lovecraft, a valid plot device if used correctly. I have other problems with mass effect besides its story, though.

I disagree. I'm not exactly a Lovecraft nut but his creations I know were truly alien beyond the human comprehension hence they couldn't or wouldn't communicate at all (except maybe Nyarlathotep and some of the lesser creatures) and they certainly wouldn't bother to chat with Shephard, less throw petty threats at him, making the scene look all the more silly.

ortucis said:
NPC#908: "It's a suicide mission. Fate of the universe depends on this super-urgent-awesome-mustDoNOW mission."

... hours.. days later..

Shepard: "I am commander, this is my favorite store on the citadel." - Do I get the discount now? I need this gear to save galaxy from imminent destruction you guys. Can SOMEONE PAY FOR THE FUCKING GEAR OR GIVE ME DISCOUNT ALREADY?? ANYONE???

- FIN

tbh that applies to almost every game, ever

Nickless

Educated
CrimHead said:

It felt more like Bioware couldn't think up a credible motivation for them, so just went with the "It's impossible for you to understand why we're doing what we're doing!" angle.

Jim Cojones

Prophet
Clockwork Knight said:
ortucis said:

... hours.. days later..

- FIN
tbh that applies to almost every game, ever
That's because almost every game, ever, is shit.[/Codex]

Orgasm

Barely Literate
I DONT KNOW WHAT IM MORE EXICED ABOUT MASS EFFECT 3 (MY FIRST RPG WAS MASS EFFECT AND IT WAS A BLAST) OR OBLIVION 2. I HEARD MANY GREAT THING ABOUT 1 BUT DIDNT PLAY IT YET!!!""

Decado

Old time handsome face wrecker
Patron
Codex 2014
I don't know what's worse -- the fact there is a "Video Game Awards!!!!" ceremony or that the big publishers are so non-chalant about shamelessly using the resulting spectacle to whore out their shitty, over-produced games.

Quilty

Magister
How the fuck did they get away with calling the main character Shepard? It's almost as retarded as calling him LEADAR instead of Leader. I guess you can't tell a story to the consoletards unless the plot is retardedly obvious: HE IS LIKE JESUS. HE SAVES. $50 PLOX.

exe

Augur
ortucis said:

... hours.. days later..

- FIN

Well, they only killed 9 million in one week, so I guess he has time.

Writers cannot into numbers/scale :retarded:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom