Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

LARPFEST

Yandere

Novice
Mission to lead:

Missions to delegate:

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
I'm no Patton here, so I don't think I'd be able to make the best of decisions in regards to weapon layout.
I'll leave this one to you guys.

Korgan

Arbiter
1, 4, 8, 9 to delegate. Recon is almost guaranteed to make our real job easier, supplies are vital (and we need to get working on those combi-weapons I was talking about), the Barge is obviously of interest, and a rogue Primaris Psyker is bad news if he's allowed to run amock. Definitely leave the Pylons for later.
Personally lead 2. Marr is going to appreciate it, and his favour is very fucking important for us now. The orks can wait, damnit! Let them fight the necrons for now! We really, really need a success on 2!
(shamelessly copied & edited:)
Equipment :-
The Nameless One :-
Force Sword and Plasma Artificer Pistol

Devastator Squads : -
1 Squad, 6 men with Plasma Cannons and the other 2 with Heavy Bolters. 1 Techmarine, in case.

Assault Squads :- 2 Squad, All men armed with Plasma Pistols and Chainswords.

Tactical Squads :- 1 Squad, 6 Plasmaguns, 2 Meltas. 1 Apothecary.
This loadout is the best by far against Necrons, while still having a little versatility.
---- Oh wait, we do have plasma cannons? Now that's better.

oscar

Arcane
Personally lead 2. If Marr's ship is destroyed on impact, we're stuck here.

Delegate 1, 4, 8, 9.

Esquilax

Arcane
Delegate 1, 3, 4, 9 and personally lead 2. I agree with Korgan. We can't let this space hulk obscure the bigger picture here.

EvilIndie

Educated
Korgan said:
The orks can wait, damnit! ]

They might be related to marr is some way. If so we will either aid him even more by capturing the ship or we will find out sooner he if he is planning to fuck us so we can fuck him first. Also, they might be another way off this planet for all we know.

Number 2 is good if marr turns out to be friendly but we are already banking on his good will quite a bit.

EvilIndie

Educated
Korgan said:
Pshaw. How the fuck would some random *ORKS* be related to an Inquisitor Lord?

You are assuming they are orks. Could be anyone on that ship, and it came after warp was disrupted. They could be after whatever marr is after. Obviously he's after something, and if it were just to serve the empire it would be to take out the whole planet so it's something else. There is mystary! afoot, and we probably better get some idea what if we want to continue living.

EDIT: Damn, we should have chosen that plan, would have been fucking epic.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
root said:
of course, you can yourselves intentionally cripple Marr's ship by sabotaging the targeting beacons instead of planting them, forcing him to make an emergency landing in a relatively unsecure area teeming with necrons engaging guardsmen, so no chance of support there... and be an easy prey for an assault, take his ship, and fly, fly away...oh wait no you can't that was the lorekeepers' plan. well, tough luck.

Harsh. Maybe he did get a little Tzeentch on him after all.

How many plasma weapons do we have available? If we do #2, Korgans deplayment is very... plasma focused. I know that rules-wise, plasma weapons are extra good because they deny the necrons an armour save, but they're supposed to be somewhat rare.

I'm not denying they'd be a good choice against necrons, just seems to be a lot of luxury items to throw on people.

[edit]

In case of #2 being the mission we do, I would suggest the following deployment:

1st squad - 8x ASMs + TNO. Force sword + artificer plasma pistol on TNO. Chainswords and as many plasma pistols we can scounge up on the rest. Bolt pistols for those who can't get plasma. Meltabombs if we got any.

2nd squad - 8x ASMs + Apothecary. Chainswords and bolters. Plasma pistol for sargeant. -- This is assuming we can affix a jump pack to the apothecary, otherwise he'll be reassigned to 3rd squad and swap sword+bolt pistol for a regular bolter.

3rd squad - 8x tac marines. 5 bolters, 2 meltaguns. Plasma rifle on the sargeant.

4th squad - 8x Devestators + tech marine. 3 meltaguns, 2 plasma rifles, 1 heavy bolter, 2 rocket launchers (even mix of krak and frag rockets).

Operational doctrine will be to avoid engagements if possible. When engaging, a short salvo from the devestators to soften up the enemy, followed by an ASM jump to take them out in hand to hand. The tac marines will be responsible for defending the devestators, and mopping up reanimating stragglers while the ASMs hog the GLORY™. In the event of the apoth being reassigned to 3rd squad for lack of jump pack, standing orders will be for ASMs to return and regroup near 3rd squad after engagements to make sure the geneseed isn't wasted. If members of 1st/2nd squad become wounded enough that they fight at reduced capacity, they will reassign to protect 4th squad from things like wraiths and pariahs.

EvilIndie

Educated
1489+3?

I wanted to pick up at least a few easy ones in case we fail harder ones but if success chance is just 20% for 2 then forget it. Especially since succeeding it may not even be in our interests.

Korgan

Arbiter
Hey, what's the limit on special/heavy weapons anyway?
Okay, tentative anti-ork loadout, adjusted from Ulminati's:
Equipment :-
The Nameless One :-
Force Sword and Plasma Artificer Pistol

Devastator Squad : -
4 Heavy Bolters, 3 Missile Launchers (frag/krak), 1 Plasma Cannon. 1 Techmarine - anti-everything firepower

Assault Squad : - 1 Flamer + 3 Plasma Pistols/Chainswords + 3 Bolt Pistols/Chainswords + 1 Melta - jump assault

Tactical Squad :- 3 Bolters, 3 Plasmaguns, 1 Melta, 1 Flamer 1 Apothecary. - flexible mid-range squad

Tactical Squad :- 3 Flamers, 4 Plasma Pistols/Chainswords, 1 Melta 1 Apothecary. - CC anti-horde squad

Korgan

Arbiter
Okay, I got a little carried away there. Updated my post with the general description you probably want. I think it's the best tactical choice available.

EvilIndie

Educated
So maybe I am paranoid here but just realized reading ezekiel's backstory no one with our battlewagon is actually loyal to us? The ezekiel guy belongs to marr more or less, and the rest are all cadians so whoops.

oscar

Arcane
We really should trust the Lorekeeper more in future. Poor guy :(

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
root said:
The Lorekeeper's duty is to the Chapter and Mankind. A world can fall if a thousand others survive. That is the Black Templar EXTREME way.

Yup. That's the Black Templar way. Unfortunately, we're not Black Templars, but the Exuberant Angels.

downsizedhereticalcy9.jpg

1248+3 it is.

Meh. An auto-resolve for 20% is not going to end well.

Also, have fun with Tyranids ambushing us with raep or a rogue psyker exploding the planet :salute:

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
root said:
The Force Commander left immediately as soon he received the news of the crash: He took four squads with him, all brimming with so much weaponry they left both guardsmen and astartes baffled. When the Lore Keeper asked him what the in the warp was going on, the Force Commander answered he was on garbage duty. The devastator squad, in particular, looked like a mechanical porcupine of bolter barrels, krak missiles' tips and plasma ejectors.

...along with their apotechary and techmarine, who, the commander had said, were the backbone of any Chapter and had to be protected at all times. He sounded absolutely serious when he said that.

I had to chuckle at this. :)

Also, B

From the sound of it, we either waste time chasing what may simply be a false sensor reading or we press on. If there truly are someone out there and they're planning anything, chances are our squads will level enough firepower at it to turn everything within 5 kilometers into a rapidly expanding cloud of monomolecular dust.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
root said:
The Force Commander answered he was on garbage duty.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7gIpuIVE3k

Right, initially I wanted to vote A because I think this stalker is bad fucking news and should be eliminated (since it's probably the same one from 10), but we would probably waste a lot of time running in circles, since we're not exactly geared as well as a squad sent out to hunt it specifically would be. So I guess B!!!!!!!1111111, let us press on

uona

Novice
A

Kinda interested in other stuff we might encounter, space hulk (the game) bores me.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom