Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

King Arthur - The Role Playing Wargame

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Bought this game off of Gamersgate. It's patched to the latest version, but I don't see the DLCs as part of the package.
True or false?

If true, is there any way to get a hold of the DLCs other than STEAM?

P.S. Love the game, but hate when l4 Curse of Shadows is spammed by multiple enemy mages.. :roll:

[EDIT]

Apparently, I made a slight mistake in not taking Bonds of Magic. Whelp. I think I'll restart and focus on getting better builds for my heroes anyhoo. :lol:

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Azira said:
P.S. Love the game, but hate when l4 Curse of Shadows is spammed by multiple enemy mages.. :roll:

Yup, this is just lovely in this game.

Apparently, I made a slight mistake in not taking Bonds of Magic. Whelp. I think I'll restart and focus on getting better builds for my heroes anyhoo. :lol:

High-leveled 'protection from magic' ability also works, iirc, but it obviously requires good timing, which might work with curse of shadows, but is pretty much impossible to shield yourself against lightning bolts.

So yeah, you better take many, many bonds of magic. Or the funky spell that burns down enemy mana and hp. Or both, actually.

Been playing this for a while now, and the campaign map has some interesting features. However I find army deployment and the camera on the tactical map to be very annoying.
Really the battles feel impossible to overview correctly, and the camera controls feel a bit "floaty" so to speak. Like a hovercraft, it keeps moving a little after you quit using the keys for adjusting the camera. It just makes me rage, well not really rage but it is frustrating.

humorguy

Novice
Saxons expansion now out that adds sandbox and diplomacy. Druids expansion due in January 2011.

I have a question: how the hell do you start the expansions' campaigns?
Installed both Saxons and Druids into the original KA folder, where they're supposed to go, and the game now says it's version 1.05, but no new executables or links appeared and I see no new options related to expansions' campaigns in the in-game menus. :?

Upd: Nevermind, found the solution. Apparently, to start the game properly - with both expansions' campaigns available in the in-game 'New Game' menu - one has to make a shortcut to the game's "Launcher.exe" and start it with the correct arguments in its "Target:" field, which should read:
"C:\Your Game's Location\Launcher.exe" win DLC:saxon DLC:wales

humorguy

Novice
Multiple Sarcasm said:
I have a question: how the hell do you start the expansions' campaigns?
Installed both Saxons and Druids into the original KA folder, where they're supposed to go, and the game now says it's version 1.05, but no new executables or links appeared and I see no new options related to expansions' campaigns in the in-game menus. :?

Upd: Nevermind, found the solution. Apparently, to start the game properly - with both expansions' campaigns available in the in-game 'New Game' menu - one has to make a shortcut to the game's "Launcher.exe" and start it with the correct arguments in its "Target:" field, which should read:
"C:\Your Game's Location\Launcher.exe" win DLC:saxon DLC:wales

On the main screen, it the top left hand corner, there is an icon that says "DLC", click on that and a menu opens giving you a choice of what to play.

dragonfk

Erudite
Sadly KA kept crashing on my machine for no apparent reason. :sad panda:

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Holy shit. A Neocore dev at Codex. This is definitely an incline.

Szia Linda, nagyszerű munkát végeztetek a King Arthurral. :)

Topher

Cipher
Did this game ever get released on disk in the USA? I've never seen it in stores or on-line and I'd actually like to buy it.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
:Steam:

The text-adventures are so addicting man. I binge played many nights just to play more text-adventures...

mikaelis

Prophet
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
Linda_Neocore said:
Dragonfk, if your problem still exists, please write us to support@kingarthurthewargame.com and we’ll try to help you.

Dear Linda,

I hope the weather is fine back in Budapest. Many thanks for registering at the Codex. Can you pass over the message to devs that "The Kings' Crusade" desperately needs another patch as a remedy for constant crashing?
Moreover, I would be obliged if you also inform them that promised DLC's for aforementioned game are still missing. Maybe there was some error while uploading them on Steam and Gamersgate back in February... But... I must sincerely apologize for my impertinence.... Your team must have checked that already and surely knows what they are doing.

sincerely yours,

mikaelis

:troll:

ps. Gimme my King Arthur 2 already!!!

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Well, there is a DLC on Steam to King's Crusade called New Allies. Given that Neocore is not a huge studio, I don't know if they have the manpower to work on King Arthur 2 and King's Crusade DLCs at the same time.

mikaelis

Prophet
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
I was more thinking about Arabian Nights and another one (on Crusaders side) which name I forgot. They seemed to be ready in February, but then came a total silence, both from Paradox and Neocore.
Now it looks like it is coming, and it was Paradox fuck-up and not Neocore.

Still, my game is crashing constantly and I am not the only one complaining, so some final patch solving this issue would be welcome.

EDIT::

Don't want to sound unappreciative. Both games are great and properly inclining recent gaming :thumbsup:. Wouldn't that cross your mind good people at Neocore to get Myth licence and do some serious business wth it? :smug:

Still we are on the codex, so suck it up: FIX YUOR GAEMS FIRST !!11!

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Somewhat challenging to mildly stupid at some maps.
Let's not talk about the campaign world map movements. They're kinda bad since they don't play by the rules with recruitment and resources.

But when it comes to battle. There are times when I get stuck in dilemma due to their movements and hero stacks.

They're average in open battle, but tend to over-prioritize Victory points and uses spell without timing. But their weakest AI has got to be the Stronghold sieges. Can't blame them, really. The map is very cramped with streets and alleys. A human player would be more patient, but AI kept running down the same narrow lane and get pulverized by area magics.

I'm burned out by the game after 100+ hours clocked. Taking short break, but if you want some sample battles and content, go check the Codex Playground for my LP. The Old Faith is completed, while the Christian one is on a hiatus.

Linda_Neocore

Novice
Topher, unfortunately the game hasn’t released on disk in the USA.

Mikaelis,
Mattias from Paradox Interactive, the publisher shared new info about the Arabian Knights DLC recently. You can read it here: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/sho ... an-Knights
About the crashes: I’m sorry about the frustration these crashes might cause to you and I fully understand it. Could you please write us to support@neocoregames.com with the description of the problem? Thank you very much!

J_C, köszönjük szépen! :)

DakaSha

Arcane
RK47 said:
Somewhat challenging to mildly stupid at some maps.
Let's not talk about the campaign world map movements. They're kinda bad since they don't play by the rules with recruitment and resources.

But when it comes to battle. There are times when I get stuck in dilemma due to their movements and hero stacks.

They're average in open battle, but tend to over-prioritize Victory points and uses spell without timing. But their weakest AI has got to be the Stronghold sieges. Can't blame them, really. The map is very cramped with streets and alleys. A human player would be more patient, but AI kept running down the same narrow lane and get pulverized by area magics.

I'm burned out by the game after 100+ hours clocked. Taking short break, but if you want some sample battles and content, go check the Codex Playground for my LP. The Old Faith is completed, while the Christian one is on a hiatus.

heh nice answer. thanks

RK47

Patron
Dakasha,

If you're basing your purchase on the AI alone, that would be a little waste. Since the whole game package is very attractive, IMO. I enjoyed myself immensely when learning the game and finding out what works and what doesn't. The adventure quests is one of those unexpectedly good features I have to mention in the game, plus the morality stuff is quite decently implemented.

Hope this helps.

:salute:

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Promo on Steam until May 31st -- $15 for the game and all DLC.

RK47

Patron
Shit, still not as good as that X'mas deal for less than $5. I still think back and thought 'what the hell, it's two cheeseburgers, might as well.' without doing any research.

kazgar

Arcane
I got it on another special, but without the dlc, not sure if i wanna pay for another copy of the main game just to get the extra stuff.

RK47

Patron
The Saxonian DLC did add another sandbox campaign from the Saxonian perspective, with a slightly tweaked army composition rules, diplomacy and somewhat lowered the Hero's effectiveness with toned down skill sets.

It was worth a good run for a week or so.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom