Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's all play RPGcodex: CIVIL WAR! (New update!)

You must choose, Codex!

• Traditionalist Front

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Grand Monocle Alliance

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Kool Kodex Koalition

• Ubermensch Crusaders

• Total voters

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
laclongquan said:
B. Go and see what the Übermensch messengers want

What? Runaway and showing your ass to those so-called supermen, therefore proving their false theory that we are inferior to them? Not bloody likely, old chaps, and pardon my language.

We are Codexia and even the lowliest recruit is better than any outsider. Not to say, courage and bravery run out of my every orificies. So of course the leader should go there like any normal but honorable Codexian parley. We :obviously: laugh at the idea of danger.

+1 :smug:

anus_pounder

Arcane
Azira said:
laclongquan said:
B. Go and see what the Übermensch messengers want

What? Runaway and showing your ass to those so-called supermen, therefore proving their false theory that we are inferior to them? Not bloody likely, old chaps, and pardon my language.

We are Codexia and even the lowliest recruit is better than any outsider. Not to say, courage and bravery run out of my every orificies. So of course the leader should go there like any normal but honorable Codexian parley. We :obviously: laugh at the idea of danger.

+1 :smug:

Joghurt

Augur
B is the best possible option, but considering the fact that it's UC I don't think they'll want to negotiate on anything. It could be a trap. Firing on them could be an option and I think GMA could win the whole war with UC considering the fact that they don't have much support from other factions and their numbers are p.low.

Still I vote B because I wanna know what those fuckers have to say.

uona

Novice
B.

with the KKK underneath their territory and what is pretty much their natural enemy I doubt they have a surprise attack in mind against us.

ElectricOtter

Wow, unanimous votes for B. Okay then, let's see what those Übermenschen want...

You and your men cautiously step forward towards the UC. Donning your monocle, you prepare to exercise your speech skill when the man at the lead looks directly at you and says: "Go tell the commander of this shanty town that you are encroaching on Übermensch Crusader land. This will not be tolerated. Tear down this pitiful eyesore at once and leave General Discussion. If you do not comply, we will strike with extreme prejudice." Without another word, the group turns around and swiftly marches off the way they came. For a second, you sit there, soaking it all in. The commander will not be pleased.

How dare they! Those ÜC blighters come barging into OUR land and demand that WE pack up and move out? You seethe with rage as you sit on your Throne of Gentlemanly Conduct. This is almost a deceleration of war! You close your eyes, calm yourself, and slowly wonder at your options...

A. Comply and move your territory north and out of General Discussion

B. Refuse and incite war with the ÜC

C. Move your territory, but not out of General Discussion. Instead, move it to the unclaimed lands to the east

laclongquan

Arcane
Are they ~... trolling us? Are they intend to poke us on the nose? Is there a trap they want to lure us in?

Nevertheless, we are prepared for a fight. Our strength is gather, fully concentrated. Our finest are here in this frontier to scout enemies positions. Command's intention is clear from the start: we are here to claim Gaming Discussion to eventually capture Retardo Land.

So, gentlemen! It's time to don our monocle, wear our best tuxedo, and twirling our cane. Genstlemen! It's time to dance, the dance of war.

EDIT: the choice is B. We shall gently wipe their brains from the canes and bath their blood away in a grand sauna house we will build in their headquarter among the ruins of their resistance. First thing after battle too.

Joghurt

Augur
I know it's a longshot, but I suggest that we should try and make KKK our allies (at least for the duration of the war with UC). If this works UC have no chance to win at all. They will be attacked from the north by us and the south by KKK.

Yes KKK are kinda retarded but that's why I think they won't refuse. They kinda hate UC the most so I think this could work. Of course that means we shouldn't attack right away. We should make a tactical retreat and send our diplomats to KKK.

uona

Novice
A.

My first instinct was to go with B. but theres plenty of land available and A puts us closer to our other terretories. Id want to start a war with the crusaders over this in the future tho but we have to be sure to get KKK on our side first.

ElectricOtter

Joghurt said:
I know it's a longshot, but I suggest that we should try and make KKK our allies (at least for the duration of the war with UC). If this works UC have no chance to win at all. They will be attacked from the north by us and the south by KKK.

Yes KKK are kinda retarded but that's why I think they won't refuse. They kinda hate UC the most so I think this could work. Of course that means we shouldn't attack right away. We should make a tactical retreat and send our diplomats to KKK.
Veery interesting idea, Joghurt. I shall count this as vote for option C. Or A. Whichever course of action you prefer.

ElectricOtter

Okay, so far we got 3 B's, 2 A's, and 2 C's (counting Joghurt's response as a C).

EDIT: shit, miscounted... adding Crooked Bee's makes it 3 for B...

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
We're not in a defensible position judging from the description on the first post in this thread, so the ÜC would probably win a direct confrontation.
No, I also see the merit in staying in GD, but moving our base while attempting to use diplomacy on the KKK, threatening the ÜC on two fronts... :twisted: :obviously:

[EDIT] That's a vote for C, if it wasn't obvious enough.

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
I had misread the otters post. I remembered it as the ÜC commanded us to move north saying nothing about the east. In truth, they said nothing about the direction, just that we should leave GD.

In this light, I'm flip-flopping to B, but still seek a military alliance with KKK. :M

ElectricOtter

Azira said:
I had misread the otters post. I remembered it as the ÜC commanded us to move north saying nothing about the east. In truth, they said nothing about the direction, just that we should leave GD.

In this light, I'm flip-flopping to B, but still seek a military alliance with KKK. :M
B is a vote for swift military action. We can't contact the KKK that fast, so perhaps you wish to reconsider your vote?

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Nope, thank you, but I'm good. Giving up ground so early would be bad. Even if we can't pull the KKK in on this, I've been swayed by the eloquent arguments for staying put and sticking it to the ÜC.

Now, let's see how badly we get tossed around the ring. :thumbsup:

ElectricOtter

The Codex has made it's voice heard. B wins narrowly with 4 votes. Let the fighting commence.

The messenger arrived at ÜC borders in the early afternoon. He was outfitted in full GMA garb, complete with polished monocle and a handkerchief in his breast pocket. The guards at the boarder reacted immediately. "HALT! What is your business here, Untermensch?" The messenger swiftly stood tall and proud, knowing that he was preforming the ultimate service of loyalty to the Grand Monocle Alliance. "I have come representing the Grand Monocle Alliance Territorial Expansion and Conquest, 3rd Division. We will not be moving our territory to comply with your demands. If you want a war, then war it shall be. Good day... sirs." The ÜC guard at the front scowled. Drawing the doppelhander slung across his back, he swung a lethal blow at the messenger. His blood seeped into the ground at the guard's feet. The band of Crusaders turned, heading back to report the news. Tonight, there would be war.

You hear them before you see them. The pounding of hundreds of feet upon the ground, like the tolling of a great number of bells. Or something. The men at the base fought valiantly, but they were under trained and overworked. The Crusaders, on the other hand, were a large, formidable force of expert warriors. Both sides spilled a lot of blood, but in the end, the Crusaders were too great. They punched through your defenses and began slaughtering your people effortlessly. It took less than a day for them to reach the command center. You stand waiting with your guards, content in knowing that a good number of loyal GMA warriors escaped the carnage and could seek refuge up north. The Crusaders knock down the doors and walls and come rushing in from every opening. The last thought that runs through your mind before you die is: this is like that thing Cleve was talking about.

FACTION STANDINGS ALTERED

Grand Monocled Alliance: -572 members

Übermensch Crusaders: -213 members

NEW TERRITORY MAP

ccwmap.png

laclongquan

Arcane
Crap!!!!

Now that is what I call a patriot! The one who die violently and valiantly for his country.

ANd let's his death not be in vain. Mobilize the full force of war and crush the snot eaters!

Anyway, what the fuck is this shit? The group is just a scouting force, not frontier guard. How can UC can force their way in so deep?

ElectricOtter

laclongquan said:
Anyway, what the fuck is this shit? The group is just a scouting force, not frontier guard. How can UC can force their way in so deep?
What do you mean? If you mean what I think, the UC sent the full force of their army to wipe us out in one go. As you can see, it worked pretty well, though we still have our northern territories.

FAKEEDIT: derp, forgot something on the map

Seems like the reasonable thing to do would be to retreat out of General Discussion and dig in in the Playground and Adventure Gaming, letting the Kodex Kool Koalition and the übermensch crusaders fight each other. Considering that the Kodex Kool Koalitions only route of expansion is through GD it sounds quite plausible. Also we should send an envoy to them (the KKK) and try to forge some sort of alliance. When the other two factions have slaughtered each other the Grand Monocle alliance shall merely stroll on in a gentlemanly fashion and claim the remains of GD territory, Divide et Impera.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom