Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon Age 2 vs Mass Effect 3 vs Skyrim: Which will be GOTY?

Project: Eternity
shouldnt we wait until we actually have played these games before we make this judgement

Data4

Arcane
Freelance Henchman said:
shouldnt we wait until we actually have played these games before we make this judgement

You've been here long enough to know that shit doesn't fly 'round these parts.

Data4

Arcane
Twitcher 2 may honestly end up being the best of the bunch. I haven't seen anything about it that gives me pause... yet.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Vulee said:
NO TWITCHER TWO WHAT GIVES BROS?!?!?

Twitcher Two will be GOTY at the prestigious RPG Codex magazine and some Eurotrash portals and mags.

True patriotic publications will be fixated on the cream of the KWA.

:patriot:

Vulee said:
NO TWITCHER TWO WHAT GIVES BROS?!?!?
Twitcher 2 won't be epic enough to be a true RPG and a GotY.
Besides, the setting is too obscure, and shades-of-gray is stupid and dumb, because it's too confusing and doesn't tell you that whatever you do is right.
It's promised to have some redeeming qualities, like full QTE and animated sex scenes, but it'll still be inferior to God of War 3.

racofer

Thread Incliner
Guise, guise!!

David Gaider said:
To be or not to be
Whether 'tis nobler in the RPG to suffer
The slings and arrows of developer whims
Or to take arms against a wheel of dialogue
And, by opposing, play not.

Emphasis on "Play not" .

:bounce:

Achilles

Arcane
I'm going with Skyrim. Bethesda was practically an Xbox 360 launch partner with the success of Oblivion, so I'm guessing that most american mags and sites will have a soft spot for Oblivion 2.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Overweight Manatee said:
Volourn said:
They'll all win GOTY since there's like 10,000 different GOTY awards. LMFAO
Right here. Volourn's good post of the year. Every fucking game wins GOTY awards. Arcania probably won one.
This. One will win at Gamespot, other at IGN, another at Spike, etc.

Arcanoix

Scholar
Re: Dragon Age 2 vs Mass Effect 3 vs Skyrim: Which will be G

Which will be GOTU?

Whichever one bribes GamePro and other shitty magazines the most money. It's a good year to be a gaming journalist, I see. :roll:

relootz

Scholar
Pre-order of TW 2 collectors edition is 80 euros.

Thats a bit steep isn't it..

amaya

Novice
ME3 will win. I just hope there aren't any more bitches running around with pants up their ass and massive cameltoes. Watching Miranda die in all of my games makes me happy.

Jools

Eater of Apples
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Insert Title Here Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Considering the amount of gayness put into it, all the pew-pew, all the constant-hardon sheperdry, and all the other possible fanservice shit they're gonna put into it (read: BOOBS, easier combat, boobs, easier combat, boobs, easier comat), I think ME3 will get ALL OF TEH COOKEHS.

mirandamichaeljackson.jpg

tennishero

Novice
skyrim will probably a dummed down hiking sim, just like oblivion

"stop right there criminal scum!!"

"i saw a mudcrab the other day filthy creature"

*hugs oblivion*

who knew mediocrity could rule in the HD era

all true RPG companies are dead, bethesda is the best of what we have left

and the modding scene usually fixes their games up rather well

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
Jools said:

God damnit. Guess what I will be thinking of every time I have hot dirty sex with Miranda in the engine room now.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom