Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Skyrim scans

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
DraQ said:
Mastermind said:
From the chatter on the official forum, it looks like attributes are gone. What the fuck? This better not be bioware style "multiple attributes confuse people" faggotry. Or maybe it's just codex-like retards going "they don't mention attributes so they must have cut them".
wtf2w.png

:smug:
Wait they removed the... how... what... whuu? durrr.... herp... derp?
:retarded:

They... what?

Okay, Elder Scrolls is dead. Any hopes I had from the slight incline of FO3 over Oblivion are gone now. :cry:

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
DraQ said:
Mastermind said:
From the chatter on the official forum, it looks like attributes are gone. What the fuck? This better not be bioware style "multiple attributes confuse people" faggotry. Or maybe it's just codex-like retards going "they don't mention attributes so they must have cut them".
wtf2w.png

:smug:
Wait they removed the... how... what... whuu? durrr.... herp... derp?
:retarded:

That's the chatter. I'm starting to think it's bullshit though. Probably just retards not seeing any mention of attributes and thinking they're gone. I don't see anything about attributes being removed in the scans posted (i read through all the low quality shit posted so far).

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Yes, but the fact that at level up you can raise only hp/magicka/stamina also got me thinking that attributes might be out completely because I doubt they'd make them static. Although I suppose there's always the possibility of Bethesda thinking about a retardedly retarded to way to raise them (Elder Scrolls bobbleheads! :bounce: )

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
OK, after going through all this shit, here are the details I gather:

* All skills contribute to leveling up. Raising higher level skills contribute more. Once you hit level 50 leveling slows down considerably. There's still no hard cap on level.

* There's perks. A backstab one for dagger and an armor ignoring one for blunt weapons is confirmed.

* No specific weapon skills mentioned, it's 1h, 2h, dual wield, weapon/shield, weapon/spell, spell/spell. you can have the same spell in both hands for a bonus.

*Mysticism is confirmed to be gone.

* there's lots of elevation, 5 major cities, and todd howard promises us a variety of dungeon styles. Probably a shameless lie.

*greybeards are in the game. There's a mention of a dragon shout system, but it's cut off. Hopefully thu'ul is in the game, learnable and distinct as opposed to abilities that look and act just like magic does like they did in morrowind and oblivion..

*the one dungeon posted looks pretty awesome.

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Darth Roxor said:
Yes, but the fact that at level up you can raise only hp/magicka/stamina also got me thinking that attributes might be out completely because I doubt they'd make them static.

Did they say they're the ONLY things you can raise? I actually wouldn't mind making them static, or just make you pick them at the start of the game and then only have a limited way of advancing them (even if it's bobbleheads :smug: ). I figure all the choicefags who hate the TES "be everytning" philosophy would find this an overall incline. I just don't see them removing attributes altogether, it would be too weird.

Joghurt

Augur
Also as far as I understand creatures in Fallout had a fixed level. All the deathclaws for example had fixed stats so that all the deathcalws are the same. In Oblivion there were lvl 1 rats and lvl 66 rats but they looked the same.

Only 18 skills? The scans so far only mentioned mysticism getting the shaft, I can imagine athletics and acrobatics getting merged, no idea for the third.

Armorer got renamed smithing so there's likely some crafting.

Like the way it looks, already felt FO3 was fine in that department, but if they get the looks, the stats, the combat right, it's still the fucking writing that matters.

I'm getting the impression that you're told you're the last dragonborn, the only one who can kill dragons- the chosen one- right from the start, hamfisted approach, compared to say Morrowind where you progressively learn about the legend of the nerevarine etc

Mastermind said:
*5 major cities

Sounds like the tiniest TES game yet.

Hegel

Arcane
CrunchyHemorrhoids said:
Only 18 skills? The scans so far only mentioned mysticism getting the shaft, I can imagine athletics and acrobatics getting merged, no idea for the third.

Armorer got renamed smithing so there's some needed crafting.

Like the way it looks, already felt FO3 was fine in that department, but if they get the looks, the stats, the combat right, it's still the fucking writing that matters.

I'm getting the impression that you're told you're the last dragonborn, the only one who can kill dragons- the chosen one- right from the start, hamfisted approach, compared to say Morrowind where you progressively learn about the legend of the nerevarine etc
Hopefully they will have decent dungeons, great npcs, a world you could relate and iterate with... who am I kidding? :smug:
The awesome dragons attacks will turn out to be hyped up popamole just like the awesome battle for KVATCH was.

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Joghurt said:
Also as far as I understand creatures in Fallout had a fixed level. All the deathclaws for example had fixed stats so that all the deathcalws are the same. In Oblivion there were lvl 1 rats and lvl 66 rats but they looked the same.

AFAIK only npcs and npc-like creatures (xivilai, some dremora, goblins)) were leveled in oblivion. So there were no level 66 rats. Most (if not all) the beasts and daedra were static.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
No, I remember the deadra growing stronger when I levelled up. Depending on which level you did the Kvatch quest, the scamps and clannfears would be weaker or stronger.

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
JarlFrank said:
No, I remember the deadra growing stronger when I levelled up. Depending on which level you did the Kvatch quest, the scamps and clannfears would be weaker or stronger.

The only leveled scamps are summoned ones.

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:Scamp#Scamps

The ones you find in cvatch at lower levels are static. It's possible that some dremora summon them, I can't remember, but other than that they're static. Maybe you met stunted scamps at lower levels and regular ones at higher levels, but neither is a leveled creature, they're different creatures with static abilities. This type of "leveling" is the same as morrowind and daggerfall.

With clannfear there is a regular clannfear and clannfear runts (which are weaker) but the only scaled ones are from vaernima's quest (which has nothing to do with kvatch).
http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:Scamp#Clannfears

JarlFrank said:

Same as NV and its baby deathclaw, young deathclaw, deathclaw etc

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
No, the baby deathclaw, normal deathclaw and deathclaw mothers and alpha deathclaws were all their own kind of monster, each with their own stats. Not to mention that mothers and alphas didn't spawn in the outside encounters, only in deathclaw lairs.

In Oblivion, the clannfear would still be called clannfear, would still look like a clannfear, same size, same color, same model, but it'd have better stats when the player was at level 20 than the stats it had when the player was level 1.

Kinda like with the bandits that became much better in skill and had better eqiupment, only less noticable because monsters don't wear equipment.

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
JarlFrank said:
In Oblivion, the clannfear would still be called clannfear, would still look like a clannfear, same size, same color, same model, but it'd have better stats when the player was at level 20 than the stats it had when the player was level 1.

Your memory is defunct then. The only leveled clannfear are in Arkved's Lost Halls. Other than that, Clannfear are exactly like Deathclaws in NV, except there's just 2 varieties: regular ones and clannfear runts.

DraQ

Arcane
Mastermind said:
OK, after going through all this shit, here are the details I gather:

* All skills contribute to leveling up.
That's actually good.

* There's perks. A backstab one for dagger and an armor ignoring one for blunt weapons is confirmed.
Neutral. Blunt being better against plate is definitely a plus.

*Mysticism is confirmed to be gone.
:rage:

Mastermind said:
I actually wouldn't mind making them static, or just make you pick them at the start of the game and then only have a limited way of advancing them (even if it's bobbleheads :smug: ). I figure all the choicefags who hate the TES "be everytning" philosophy would find this an overall incline.
Same here, but:

I just don't see them removing attributes altogether, it would be too weird.
Hello? (Neo)Bethesda's the name, derp's the game.

CrunchyHemorrhoids said:
It'd be cool if there was some major twist there setting premise on its head, apparent hamfisted approach could be but a...
todd.jpg
Ah, right.
:(

Mastermind said:
Joghurt said:

AFAIK only npcs and npc-like creatures (xivilai, some dremora, goblins)) were leveled in oblivion. So there were no level 66 rats. Most (if not all) the beasts and daedra were static.
Some creatures scaled, goblin chieftains/shamans, for instance.

In any case, the worst thing about Oblivious scaling, wasn't scaling on it's own, yes, scaling is bad in general, so is leveling for that matter, but in themselves they are not automatically crippling.
It was the totality of scaling/leveling that made it unbearable.

Entire species were exchanged for another after you hit the lvl threshold, types of armour and weaponry appeared and vanished, scaled enemies were always at exactly 'right' level, and levelling knew no exceptions. It was very transparent, homogeneous and boring. Morrowind used leveling quite extensively, but it did it subtly and didn't rely on it exclusively. In effect many players failed to notice it was there.

Nobody else noticed how they are trying to merge the TES franchise and Fallout franchise into an universally usable development kit (UUDK)? 18 Skills afaik Fallout 3 also has 18 skills and now it's been confirmed that every level you can pick a perk. Except dual wielding two fat man launchers in Fallout 4.

racofer

Thread Incliner
Ok, after reading this thread I'm confident that ME3 will be GOTY around the interwebs, even here on the Codex.

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Trash said:
What!?! No mention of radiant AI?

They mentioned AIs and some conversation stuff but after the radiant AI fiasco I didn't bother to bullet point it since I'm assuming Todd's lying anyway.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom