Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The final solution to postcounts

Serious_Business

Best Poster on the Codex
MY HEAD ACHES AS I REACH FOR THE KEYBOARD

I START PRESSING THE KEYS TREMBLING IN BARELY CONTAINED RAGE

I CANNOT HOLD IT I MUST TYPE FUCKING FUCK CUNT

THERE IS NO ESCAPE I SCREAM ALONE IN MY ROOM AND NO ONE HEARS

AND THEN I REACH FOR THE SUBMIT BUTTON, TRIOMPHANT

SUBMIT. SUBMIT. SUBMIT.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
commie said:
Why not just not include posts in GD at all in the total? GD is for all the trash talk and general crapping around about news, history etc.

Liberal would be butthurt of course as 81% of his contributions are there! :smug:

Maybe just keep GD posts in the stats so you can still find the GD whores and they won't have an inflated post count?

I've got a better idea. Every post in GD should be counted as -1 :M

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Freelance Henchman said:
My postcount is negative. Your argument is invalid.
What? How the fuck did that happen? Pretty sure DU said post count can't be negative, Defjam's was supposed to be -4000something after he lost his betting on Plane Tickets Bitch 2009.

SimpleComplexity said:
To demonstrate the unimportance of how many posts you make on the 'Dex i propose that all postcounts come with "0." attached meaning nobody will ever make 1 post because 0.XXXXX is always smaller than 1.
0. with an infinite amount of 9's after it is in fact exactly equal to 1. lrn2math.

The consequence of your proposal will be that every codexer will try as hard as he can to have one post, and consider it the highest of all honours.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
A post count trading centre where people can sell their post counts for custom titles and avatars, or also buy post counts from DU with real money which they can then use to trade.

Kz3r0

Arcane
You guya are really enjoying giving ideas to J00 Underlord, don' t you?

root said:
i wish i could have my postcount resetted to 2500 or something, that pink title was so cool. or was it the one before that? there was a gray one that was p. cool as well
Agreed, my fav was the silver one, Arbiter I think.

herostratus said:
0. with an infinite amount of 9's after it is in fact exactly equal to 1.
Deep down in your heart you know that is wrong. But being a heartless mathematic professor you simply don't care about the feelings of others.

Kz3r0

Arcane
SimpleComplexity said:
herostratus said:
Deep down in your heart you know that is wrong. But being a heartless mathematic professor you simply don't care about the feelings of others.
The real reason is that Mathematicians are all occult cultists at the heart, ONE is the UNITY, the conceptualization of G-D, from which ALL emanates, and reality, that's a mere reflection of such SPLENDOR, will never reach the perfection of G-D otherwise it would become G-D Himself,only Luciferians would pursue such inane desire.
So one always will be an infinite approximation of NINES.

Admiral jimbob

gay as all hell
Wasteland 2
Kz3r0 said:
SimpleComplexity said:
herostratus said:
The real reason is that Mathematicians are all occult cultists at the heart, ONE is the UNITY, the conceptualization of G-D, from which ALL emanates, and reality, that's a mere reflection of such SPLENDOR, will never reach the perfection of G-D otherwise it would become G-D Himself,only Luciferians would pursue such a inane desire.

Religious/Academic word taught singularity is contradicted as evil lies by the simple math of the Cube's Opposite Corners - the most perfect symmetry within the Universe. Academic SINGULARITY is a contradiction to the opposite sexes, the opposite hemispheres and to the universe of opposites that exist as a zero value existence. The academic taught singularity/entity is but poison fed the human populace - slow death. I can say that educators "eat shit" and they only cower and hide, doing nothing that will induce debate, that will indict them as evil. Americans will die SINGULARITY stupid, their brain lobotomized by EVIL educators.

Kz3r0

Arcane
Admiral jimbob said:
Kz3r0 said:
SimpleComplexity said:
herostratus said:
The real reason is that Mathematicians are all occult cultists at the heart, ONE is the UNITY, the conceptualization of G-D, from which ALL emanates, and reality, that's a mere reflection of such SPLENDOR, will never reach the perfection of G-D otherwise it would become G-D Himself,only Luciferians would pursue such a inane desire.

Religious/Academic word taught singularity is contradicted as evil lies by the simple math of the Cube's Opposite Corners - the most perfect symmetry within the Universe. Academic SINGULARITY is a contradiction to the opposite sexes, the opposite hemispheres and to the universe of opposites that exist as a zero value existence. The academic taught singularity/entity is but poison fed the human populace - slow death. I can say that educators "eat shit" and they only cower and hide, doing nothing that will induce debate, that will indict them as evil. Americans will die SINGULARITY stupid, their brain lobotomized by EVIL educators.
Male25.jpg
"0 is the work of Satan, the negation of ALL, reject HER foul nihilistic seduction, espouse the Patriarchal ways."

LittleJoe

Arbiter
SimpleComplexity said:
To demonstrate the unimportance of how many posts you make on the 'Dex i propose that all postcounts come with "0." attached meaning nobody will ever make 1 post because 0.XXXXX is always smaller than 1.

I myself am willing to be the first prototype of that system. :smug: DU what you have to DU.

So you propose an Oblivion type system, where levelling up is pointless.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
The obvious problem here is that everyone is spoilt by too much information in the left hand column.

I believe I have now resolved that problem.

ironyuri

DarkUnderlord said:
The obvious problem here is that everyone is spoilt by too much information in the left hand column.

I believe I have now resolved that problem.

:x

That said, my number adds up to 8.

1+1=2+9=11+8=19+7=26 (2+6)= 8

So in numerological terms, I have a lucky Codex number!

gromit

Arcane
Nossir. UserID bias is arguably worse than join date.

Oh, and I don't know if this is easy to do with phpBB or not, but you should theme out the names in quotes. And edits.

gromit

Arcane
Actually, this is nice and compact. Can you just maybe take out sigs and put the buttons / post info in one container?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom