Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Should Bethesda make an Arcanum sequel?

Should Bethesda make an Arcanum sequel?

• Definitely

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Perhaps

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Undecided

• Rather not

• Absolutely not

• Only if Obsidian makes it for them

• Total voters
baronjohn said:
Arcanum: New Tarant?

Arcanum: Rise of the Black Mountain Clan

"Ore Golems. Totally, you couldn't make something like this without bringing back the Ore Golems." -Pete Hines

Kaanyrvhok

Arbiter
The reality is games got easier and more accessible as the average age of gamers got older. Don't blame the teens and definitely don't blame the kids.

Bethesda need to try their hand at developing something new. I would never support Bethesda spreading its incompetence to places where people who have worked hard on their own IPs (and that includes Elder Scrolls from the former Bethesda group. The current group has no entitlement beyond the legalities). They can do nothing but bad to any existing setting.

If they can't do that, then they are past their expiration date.
Zenimax needs to assimilate.

amaya

Novice
Obsidian might and I say this very cautiously, MIGHT have the story telling chops to do so, but after Oblivion and FO3 I'd think the best you could hope for from Bethesda is that they just piss on Arcanum instead of pissing, shitting, and busting a load on it.

Unradscorpion

Arbiter
baronjohn said:
I don't know, man. Everyone has limits. For instance, I couldn't possibly play one of those grid-based first person rpgs. I'm sure that includes some great games. The idea is just fire to my mind. I can't stand that sort of interface.

So consolefags don't want to play bland-looking isometric rpgs. I can understand it.
http://www.abandonia.com/en/games/27576/Wizardry+VI+-+Bane+of+the+Cosmic+Forge.html
And download the manual( playmaster's guide), you'll need some paper with a grid and a pencil, read the manual to figure out what party you want to build and read the rules, map the dungeon as you go, it will feel rewarding, you'll thank me later.

kasmas

Educated
IMO iIt will not generate any income for Beth .
The strengths of Arcanum are not that appealing for the new generation .

Jools

Eater of Apples
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Insert Title Here Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Nope. The mere thought of Beth doing a sequel to a Troika game should be considered a crime against humankind.

Kattze

Andhaira
Andhaira
Maybe Bethsoft can make something, just for the lulz-worthy and cringe-worthy dialogue AKA mudcrabs and other retarded shit. :lol:

On the other hand, another great classic will be consoletarded and dumbed down for masses.

ExcelSagasPedro.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom