Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

LARPFEST

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
From roots entry about the star gods it seems the deceiver is not on the best of terms with his chums.

How would the c'tan survive if all life got eradicated though, don't they need souls to survive?

Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Jaedar said:
From roots entry about the star gods it seems the deceiver is not on the best of terms with his chums.

How would the c'tan survive if all life got eradicated though, don't they need souls to survive?

They "ate" star energy before, they can do it again. Souls are gourmet for them, stars are regular chow.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Awww, fuck it, number 9536 flip-flops to B!!!1111111 After all, the only need for the Deceiver would be the role of a panic button. And we don't need those :rpgcodex:

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Flipfloopers... flipfloppers never change.

Guys I know we would all like to decline his offer and go on our merry way.... but can we really win if we do that? Yeah, theoretically we can but considering it took us ~3 choices before we needed a deus ex machine to survive... do we want to take that chance? Is humanity not better off with a slightly "corrupt" Hax with a god by his side than a Filthy Malfian on the throne?

This is politics and we need to be able to compromise if we are to survive. If we stick to playing only our own game we won't stand a chance.

desocupado

Magister
root said:
this reminds me of the witcher

very good, carry on

geralt would be proud of all those who voted B

Funny you mention that, because wasn't the ice wasteland the consequence of this way of thinking? Never compromising and accepting the lesser evil?

Or something, shitty memory and too much time since I played the game.

desocupado

Magister
That part seemed to me, like Geralt was taken to the future, and that enemy mage was actually the kid he found and sort of adopted. And those ice monsters what remained of humanity because of adaptation to the icy times and war and such.

But I'm really dumb when it comes to interpreting stuff. Symbolism and metaphors and shit are mostly lost on me.

So if you ask me my official non-dumb opinion of that ending part I would say that that made no sense.

Chef_Hathaway

King of the Juice
Patron
White Knight
Divinity: Original Sin BattleTech
Malal

The you go :)

Darth Roxor said:
He's called Malal, not Malice.

I read it on Lexicanum as both, and it kept referring to him as Malice, but it is Malal and I will call him that from now on.

Sorry for the confusion.

EDIT: Double post eradicated.

Hm, root, you changed the options and a bit of the text (hax winning vs making both of them lose; help deceiver / don't help -> compromise / don't compromise).

Obviously our first duty is to the Imperium. No one is questioning that. Nor do we need to worry about falling to Chaos. We do have to worry about turning into a flesh eating Xenos, however (although grimmer, darker things have gained Imperial sanction, actually...). This choice as I understand it isn't about right/wrong or selling out the Imperium, but instead a puritan/radical choice. Much like many inquisitors make, actually. Given the current situation (Emperor dead, our sector is the last bastion of the order, Chaos seeking to reach the Golden Throne), it is clearly time to get RADICAL. Noble and satisfying as suicide may be, it is also the easy way out. The Imperium requires sacrifice!

A

lightbane

Arcane
Malal is pretty much an "outdated" and thus inexistant Chaos God, I think it wasn't mentioned anymore on the latest chaos codex.

Chaotic Lulz3r

Liturgist
That took a while, but I am proud to say I have read this magnificent thread through, and am now in a position to make an informed vote.

A.

Reject_666_6

Arcane
I think we're focusing too much on the Tyrant Star, the Deceiver and the big conspiracy within the Imperium and forgetting about the motherfucking Emperor himself. He may have died, or maybe even murdered due to this whole conspiracy thing, but his spirit is surely gathering strength in the Warp.

Consider that by turning down the C'tan god, we might be paving the way for another god to support us, one born of the Emperor himself.

And now a pic to get you all motivated:
40_k_emperor_by_DESTRAUDO.jpg

dunduks

Liturgist
Let me remind you that Deciever is very aptly named. Most likey Hax is going to end up a mindless slave to his will whatever he says now. For all we know he cannot stop the halo device and can control Hax, just making him believe...
Don't be EMOFAGS, begging on all fours, to be raeped in the ass.

Be like a true BRO and stand up any danger whatever the cost :bro:
Vote B!

Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
dunduks said:
Let me remind you that Deciever is very aptly named.

Unit 3108 also stated that he's not playing the Deceiver entirely as GW intended.

Also, root, you mentioned that you went for Baron Samedi look for the avatar Hax sees. Is it pure aesthetic choice or does the Deceiver have some of the baron's personality characteristics in this LP?

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
root said:
if you had gone to the Masqued ball you would've met him in full Baron Samedi attire; top hat, black tuxedo, skull mask. shame you didn't.
We were busy trying to commit suicide. :rpgcodex:

racofer said:
*fap* *fap* *fap* *fap* *fap*

See that guy on the throne? See how his hands fell off? How dry and drained he is? Too much fapping does that to you. Stop it and vote for greater good!

DwarvenFood

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
lightbane said:
Oh dear, I think that cursed ring is a Halo Device. No, it won't turn Hax into a popamole regenerating consoletard, these heretical devices corrupt the victims that were fool enough to wear it, the transformation have several phases, the final one is to become mindless [...]

Sorry, old quote but I almost LOL'ed at this. Basically it does turn him into a consoletard though ;)

(meanwhile, catching up on some 8 pages I missed)

Gondolin

Arcane
Search for "PDF to Word converter". There's a bunch of them. Still, it would probably be best to ask somebody with a full version of Adobe Acrobat (not just Reader) to copy/paste the text. Converters like to detect PDF files made of images instead of text and simply skip the pages that identify as images.
_______

Gondolin

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom