Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon Age 2 = Best gaem ever, 60$, DRM included

Nael

Arcane
2wn6bly.jpg

( :salute: Darth Roxor)

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Hegel said:
DaveG.JPG

VS
img_0031-copia.jpg

Sorry Bioware, you just lost.
Tsk tsk tsk. You didn't even pick a good Avellone picture. There are some where his arm muscles show :love:

Shannow

Waster of Time
J_C said:
Volourn, what are you talking about? The average, new PC game usually costs 50$.
Don't forget, Volly is american. French-Canadian to be precise. As a good hearted communist he cannot help but paying 80% more. It's his way of supporting the People.
It's another DRM troll topic by people from RPGCodex: http://www.rpgcodex.net/phpBB/viewtopic ... 1&start=25
Hmm, shouldn't that guy be banned for linking to a NSFW-site?

The thing that disturbs me most is that we have these idiots lurking in our own back yard ready to report any instance of Codexian activity to the admins of these dens of stupidity.

If you happen to be posters on this site, then you better hope nobody finds out who you are you fucking rats.

Angthoron

Arcane
Just had a look at a Scandinavian Gamestop site. Holy crap, 60€ for a PC game? Really? 70€ for pre-orders of TDU2?

What is this I don't even.

FatCat

Educated
oh my thank you codex , i didn't laugh that hard in a long time :lol:

don't even compare Beth forums to bio , as beth forums have more of a normal people than retards , while bio forums are only for retards.

Pika-Cthulhu

Arcane
I only recently became aware of the gestalt entity of tard that exists in the shape of Bioware Boards. I think I followed a link in the Best Thread Ever, and began to read some threads on my own.

Really is one of the worst group of reprobate degenerates I have witnessed, willingly praising the price increase, which began as a Console 'HA Too bad so sad' into a "ZOMG INFLATIONS" without seeing a price hike in console games. Now the DRM, im fairly sure if I were to dig back further I would find more evidence of blind fanboi cocksucking defending the developers with their very lives, and for what, a shitty Action game, heavy with Dating sim elements. Fucking travesty.

aries202

Erudite
-eh-?

You do know that even The Witcher, yes the first one, had a code you needed to punch in so that you could play the game.

And that Dragon Age: Origins also had this 'online serial code' you'll needed to activate one time to get to play the game. For DA: Origins as well as DA2, there will be no limits in how many times you can install it, or many times you'll ned to activate the game.

Shannow

Waster of Time
aries202 said:
-eh-?

You do know that even The Witcher, yes the first one, had a code you needed to punch in so that you could play the game.

And that Dragon Age: Origins also had this 'online serial code' you'll needed to activate one time to get to play the game. For DA: Origins as well as DA2, there will be no limits in how many times you can install it, or many times you'll ned to activate the game.
Quick somebody explain aries the difference between copy protection and digital restriction management.
And then point out that DAO had neither if you got the VIP version :smug:

aries202 said:
-eh-?

Don't be a silly fellow.

Angthoron

Arcane
Eh, that's like saying that that other EA game had unrestrictive DRM that the customers didn't rail against at all.

Fake edit: Oh yeah, I recalled the name of that one now - Spore.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
aries202 said:

You haven't bought the game, have you?

Then stop spreading lies, dick.

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
Stainless Veteran said:
Even more funny that retards on bioforums fully support that travesty, and are snickering at the Witcher 2 for not having the DRM:

etc., etc.
alienfilth.png

deus101

Never LET ME into a tattoo parlor!
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
Nickless said:
herostratus said:
In Norway, 100 dollars is a normal price for a new game. I feel no pity.

What's the bet DA2 will be $120 on release?

He's exaggerating... its only $100 dollars if you buy collectors editions.

DU ER EN SKAM FOR LANDET!

Rogue

Educated
Oh noooo, DRM! Never saw it coming. And I was going to totally buy this awesome game, too. I'm still gonna buy it, I love Bioware and I love Dragon Age with its visceral experiences like the Mage Tower and Deep Roads oh yeah baby!

deus101

Never LET ME into a tattoo parlor!
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
I dont give a shit about DRM really...my main problem is that the games are shit.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
aries202 said:
And that Dragon Age: Origins also had this 'online serial code' you'll needed to activate one time to get to play the game.
No it doesn't. You only need the online serial code if you want the DLC. Otherwise there is zer, zilch, nada online activation, one-time or otherwise.

Shannow said:
Quick somebody explain aries the difference between copy protection and digital restriction management.
I've been thinking about this actually. Until very recently I was insistent on calling everything copy-protection as I refused the stupid DRM euphemism, but I think that's a good way to distinguish acceptable copy protection from the filthy word.

And then point out that DAO had neither if you got the VIP version
Not to mention that TW's got removed in a later patch. So on the one hand you have a series that moved from copy protection to no copy protection (to maybe copy protection for TW2?), on the other hand you have one that goes from copy protection to customer-consensual-raping DRM.

Nael

Arcane
Stainless Veteran said:
SCO said:
Jesus Christ... that thread...

<snip>

God is malevolent
Eh, that thread is rather tame compared to this one:
<snip>

Please stop that. Don't even post links. Jesus fucking Christ...

It's like bringing ebola and HIV back from Africa to "show everyone". We know. It's fucking Hell over there. That's why we stay here and throw money at the problem from afar unless you're some famous actor that doesn't mind catching malaria in his dick.

Fucking stop.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom