Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Woot! My roguelike is on 8BitFunding!

AlaCarcuss

Arbiter
Damn. Sombody beat me to the $1000.

You'd have loved the Great Barrier Reef in beautiful tropical Qeensland too... :smug:

(well, now that the waters of the greatest flood in the country's history have subsided).

ido

Novice
PandaBreeder said:
ido said:
Ok, it's not really an RPG but a roguelike
Since when are roguelikes not RPGs?

Was trying to preempt the OMG NOT AN RPG messages.

You can call it whatever you want, really :smug:

ido

Novice
Awor Szurkrarz said:
Tycn said:
So, are you going to tell us a little about why your game will be worth playing?

if you like roguelikes, but don't like unorthodox and/or arcane interfaces or overly steep learning curves, you might enjoy playing Cardinal Quest.

It is designed to throw you into the interesting parts right off the bat & has a significantly faster pace than many roguelikes (albeit remaining turn based).

If you enjoyed games such as DoomRL or Desktop Dungeons I think you might enjoy Cardinal Quest.

7hm

Scholar
ido said:
Awor Szurkrarz said:
Tycn said:
So, are you going to tell us a little about why your game will be worth playing?

if you like roguelikes, but don't like unorthodox and/or arcane interfaces or overly steep learning curves, you might enjoy playing Cardinal Quest.

It is designed to throw you into the interesting parts right off the bat & has a significantly faster pace than many roguelikes (albeit remaining turn based).

If you enjoyed games such as DoomRL or Desktop Dungeons I think you might enjoy Cardinal Quest.

You mean because you have graphics? Desktop Dungeons is a puzzle game.

What roguelike would it be most similar to? Are you going for the massive world kind of game with quests etc like ADOM, for the insanely complicated + spoilerific Nethack style, for the tactical + balance driven style of DCSS, for the simplicity of Rogue itself (ie a game like POWDER), or for something else?

ido

Novice
7hm said:
What roguelike would it be most similar to? Are you going for the massive world kind of game with quests etc like ADOM, for the insanely complicated + spoilerific Nethack style, for the tactical + balance driven style of DCSS, for the simplicity of Rogue itself (ie a game like POWDER), or for something else?

DoomRL.

The magic system is in the process of being reworked & the new version was inspired by DD's rune-based system.

ido

Novice
denizsi said:
The wizard reminds me of Orco from He-Man.

Interestingly enough, you are not the first person to mention that :?

Ozzy_98

Novice
HEY GUYS! I just found this amazing site, 8bitfunding, if you spend $1,000, they make some indy game developer fly out to your house to give you a happy-jack.

Konjad

⛏
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I like how there is no finished or nearly finished projects on that site. They all just want money to 'work on the projects'.

ido

Novice
Konjad said:
I like how there is no finished or nearly finished projects on that site.

Depending on your definitions, I would say my game is not far from "nearly complete".

Konjad said:
They all just want money to 'work on the projects'.

That is the point of the site tho - why would you need funding for a complete game?

ido

Novice
Destroid said:
Are you going to charge money for your game once it is complete?

web version will be free on portals.

Desktop & mobile versions would not be free but you get a free copy of both for all platforms if you pledge $5 or more.

ido

Novice
Multi-headed Cow said:
Saying 0 $1,000 pledges? Previous one pull out?

Nope, still there- there is a bug on 8btifunding that doesn't display it. The sum total still includes the $1000 tho.

zeitgeist

Magister
Are there financial penalties for not finishing the game, or simply making a really really horrible game instead of what was promised? Or is this system more akin to throwing money in a wishing well?

LusciousPear

Savant
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Wishing well.

But massive gratz to anyone who takes the leap to doing something on their own full-time.

I don't like Roguelikes. But still is win.

Fucking roguelikes man. Moneygrabbing bastards. YOU CANT EVEN MAKE GOOD QUESTS; ONLY SHITTY GRAPHICS; SHITTY CHARACTERS; SHITTY STORY; SHITTY FJUCK SFJISHHTISLYKNJTSJH

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom