Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Total War: Shogun 2

So will you buy it?

• Yes

Votes: 9 56.3%
  • I will wait for reviews

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Maybe

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • No

Votes: 5 31.3%

• Total voters

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Oh, if it is a good tw game I'll buy it asap. If. And everything points to this being another pile of shit.

Quilty

Magister
On the one hand I'm glad they're going back to Shogun, I'm looking forward to playing the old Shogun with nice graphix (that's if they actually manage to copy the atmosphere of the predecessor). Then again, I'm not seeing any innovation here. I know I won't play in multi because any RTS annoys me to death due to the frantic nature of it, and there's no real strategy to pitting one bunch of guys against another. Flank, attack from rear, rinse and repeat, that's what it looks like to me. Will torrent.

FatCat

Educated
Difera said:
not an artichoke said:
Ah, fuck it. I know I'll buy it anyway.

Yeah, I know some people will frown upon it, but I already pre-purchased on Steam, guess I bought it on impulse... :oops:

Why from steam ? Boxed copy is cheaper + you can get limited edition and well you get physical game copy and it uses steamworks so you will be able to activate it on steam and download trough steam while having dvd's at the same time.

Difera

Educated
not an artichoke said:
Why from steam ? Boxed copy is cheaper + you can get limited edition and well you get physical game copy and it uses steamworks so you will be able to activate it on steam and download trough steam while having dvd's at the same time.

IF it ever gets released in Brazil it will take months, also, for me Steam is actually way cheaper than importing the boxed version since eletronic games are taxed the same as booze, perfume, tobacco, etc...

Anyway, the demo is supposed to be released tomorrow 22th, I'll give it try...

FatCat

Educated
Omfg game runs maxed with ssao without AA on 1080p smooth as butter :D
Battles are fucking way more fun.
I am definitely glad i preordered :oops:

bonescraper

FatCat said:
OMG srsly? Ur specs?

BTW what's 1080p in common resolutionish? I'm too oldschool for this new shit.

FatCat

Educated
bonescraper said:
FatCat said:
OMG srsly? Ur specs?

BTW what's 1080p in common resolutionish? I'm too oldschool for this new shit.

1080p = 1920x1080 . I run it on amd phenom 2 quad 3.6ghz and hd5850.
AA disabled in the demo jaggis everywhere.
AI can't be tested 1 scripted battle and campaign tutorial + full encyclopedia.

kris

Arcane
FatCat said:

After release we will tell you to kill yourself.
Seeing your avatar and location. Well, you can as well do it now.

(I am not surprised if the visual are good, they should just make interactive movies. with scripted AI.)

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Hey, it runs perfectly in huge historical battle included in demo on max settings (minus AA and SSAO and Shadows on medium) even on my over one year old laptop. Wow.

And my laptop specs are: Core 2 Duo T6500 2.10GHz, 4GB DDR2 and ATI Radeon 4650 1 GB VRAM

Deleted member 7219

I have the demo, and I really like it so far. The game runs very smoothly, much more so than Empire or Napoleon. The campaign map interface has improved, you can zoom in and out, you don't have to hunt down your farms in order to upgrade them, and there's this really nice effect of unexplored regions being presented in a Japanese art style. Creative Assembly have really worked on the battle animations too.

I can't say much about the AI because I'm still in the tutorial.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Morgoth said:
I stopped playing the Total War series after Rome, because it became worse and worse.

Not interested in Shogun 2 in the slightest.

You should get Medieval II Total War and play it with Broken Crescent mod. It's really different game, much much much better. Give it a try.

asper

Arcane
Project: Eternity
The DA2 demo topic is filling upat rapid speed, and it is so quiet in the Shogun demo thread? Come on people, is it a good game or not?

Exmit

Scholar
It's only on PC , this should already tell you, that it is good.

Self-Ejected

BlitzKitchen

Self-Ejected
Patron
Codex 2012
I like the art style, atmosphere, and animations. But that's all I can really pick out from the demo. I have no way to judge whether or not the AI is good because it only contains a scripted historical battle and a tutorial.

Calem Ravenna

Scholar
So are they bringing back assassination cutscenes or not? Won't even torrent this either way, but if cutscenes are in maybe at least a few laughs will be had on youtube. Although judging by Medieval 2 cutscenes, they'll probably be as bad as the game itself.

Konjad

Patron
Calem Ravenna said:
So are they bringing back assassination cutscenes or not? Won't even torrent this either way, but if cutscenes are in maybe at least a few laughs will be had on youtube. Although judging by Medieval 2 cutscenes, they'll probably be as bad as the game itself.

Yes, there are assassination cutscenes. Hopefully better than cutscenes in M2TW and ETW (idk about NTW).

Anyway has anyone managed to win the historical battle? It's hard as fuck, I loose even on easy difficulty :oops:

FatCat

Educated
Konjad said:
Calem Ravenna said:

Yes, there are assassination cutscenes. Hopefully better than cutscenes in M2TW and ETW (idk about NTW).

Anyway has anyone managed to win the historical battle? It's hard as fuck, I loose even on easy difficulty :oops:

yes won from 3rd time on normal on 5th on hard currently played 6 times working with VH :M

Quilty

Magister
I just played the scripted battle, realized that the AI is so scripted that most of the time it doesn't even respond to my actions, replayed it a couple of times, uninstalled. That cavalry charge at the beginning was heading straight for my archers. I replaced them with pikemen (or whatever they're called), and the cavalry units got decimated. Wat.

Shit just looks like reskinned Empire, not worth even trying out. The actual fights between units are again laughable. Five units slide endlessly around an enemy unit, then when that unit is perfectly positioned one of the units performs the fighting animation and resumes sliding around. Also, there's this annoying effect of ground shaking when a cavalry charges another unit. It's ridiculous, my entire screen was wobbling in all directions as if Godzilla was approaching. The damn thing persisted even after the charge ended and the fighting commenced: the entire screen just kept shaking and shaking.

FatCat

Educated
Quilty said:
Shit just looks like reskinned Empire, not worth even trying out.
No there is nothing left from Empire , only same engine.
Quilty said:
The actual fights between units are again laughable. Five units slide endlessly around an enemy unit, then when that unit is perfectly positioned one of the units performs the fighting animation and resumes sliding around.
You have eye disability of some kind ? Animations are fantastic so are fights between units.
Quilty said:
Also, there's this annoying effect of ground shaking when a cavalry charges another unit. It's ridiculous, my entire screen was wobbling in all directions as if Godzilla was approaching. The damn thing persisted even after the charge ended and the fighting commenced: the entire screen just kept shaking and shaking.
Either something wrong with ur PC or you , ground shaking effect is mild and doesn't last long and it looks good.

Either your pc/game is broken or you are mentally or physically disabled or you are simply a retard.

Quilty

Magister
Hi Drog?

Who the fuck let this idiot in here?

I demand some answers.

FatCat

Educated
Quilty said:
Hi Drog?

Who the fuck let this idiot in here?

I demand some answers.

The only idiot here is you , your points are invalid.
So u defend by calling me an idiot?

Good Luck retard.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom