Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

DA2 Demo

Hegel

Arcane
Befuddled Halfling said:
Befuddled Halfling said:
Xor said:
Befuddled Halfling said:
THE EA DOWNLOAD COUNTER JUST PASSED 1000000!

THAT MEANS WE GET THE TWO COOL BOOKS!

And all you haters saying this was just a cartoonish, anime, bink-cutscene-infested, watered down, dumbed down, streamlined, soulless version of Origins have OFFICIALLY been proven wrong. The masses love it!

Bet they artificially inflated the download numbers.

Probably - it was 600k yesterday evening. I was expecting the number to rise to 1m after this evening or tomorrow, but looks like it just jumped 50ft into their sky - bit like their new rogue combat animation.

Still, DA2 will outsell DA1 and we all know it. I bet half of the 'outraged' hardcore boycott crowd will tiptoe quietly into their local gamestop on March 8, and give in to temptation (they know they want to).

And today the download counter magically went back down below 1 million. So it was 600k Thursday evening (CET), 1.2 million on Thursday afternoon, and then 800k on Sunday morning. Either they can't code java properly or ... *gasp* the download counter is a lie!!
People were so disgusted by it that they somehow managed to send the files back. :smug:

Cynic

Arcane
The whole counter thing is the biggest fucking bs marketing ploy ever. Who records the data? Bioware. Who reports the data; Bioware. So, these fuckers, took 2 items that were already in the game, out. Then did this lame ass promotion, using these gullible fanfucks to try to come up with some bs marketing slogan like "Over 1,000,000 downloads before release" so they can put it on the box. They WILL get to 1,000,000 because the promo was just a big scam to be able to use that frigging slogan.

Do those people, actually think, that Bioware spent resources on delivering this demo and setting up/monitoring the counter to say "oh, we only reached 900000...too bad no items" NO! They fucking set it up so they could brag about their shitty demo being downloaded 1million times!

:x

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Befuddled Halfling said:
And today the download counter magically went back down below 1 million. So it was 600k Thursday evening (CET), 1.2 million on Thursday afternoon, and then 800k on Sunday morning. Either they can't code java properly or ... *gasp* the download counter is a lie!!
They keep resetting it because people keep trying to cheat. Unless that's just a lie they're making up so it looks like they're being legitimate, who can tell?

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Angthoron said:
Who would want to cheat for that?
You don't understand! We get 2 (TWO) in-game items if 1000000 person downloads it. That 2 item will make it the RPG of the millenium!

SlowLane

Novice
Are they resetting because of 'cheating'? Or are they resetting to keep up interest? It's like common street beggars, they never leave £50 in the cup just a couple of quid or people stop giving.

The demo, hum. I tried using common tactics on my first run, didn't finish because the game crashed. Second run, and a little pissed off, I went for the click, click, bang approach and combat is a farce. Hollow, mindless, click, click, click. Click. I want my friendly fire back :(

As for the rest of the game? Highlight was definitely Kate Mulgrew, professional to the last. Other highlights were, let me think, what's that word again? Oh yes. Other highlights were missing.

Project: Eternity
hay guise look what racofer made in a different thread

dksm.jpg

sgc_meltdown

Arcane
What is this contrived bullshit. They're not even covered in blood and the bloom is nonexistent. An experienced artist should know better than this.

Kaanyrvhok

Arbiter
Cynic said:
If that guy wasn't a plant then...fuck I am scared

Look at the previous post. You never know with EA. They do that crap with their sports titles.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
I need to either stop browsing the codex in class or find a way to block externally embedded images.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom