Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Interview Another Dungeon Siege III Interview

IronicNeurotic

Arbiter
denizsi said:
Were you around during OB's & FO3's PR?

Its still not a "barely average" PR campaign. It was way bigger than all of Obsidians other titles.

denizsi

Arcane
And still smaller than OB & FO3, which is the point here. It's Bethesda, after all, one of the biggest PR whores in the game industry, commissioning their own new co-flagship IP besides TES. A little different than Lucas Arts, a jaded and aged branch whose major involvement with SW projects is more of a legal and consultive model than one of supporter, and Atari who were themselves only a licensee of the setting and gave minimal support for expansions.

But let's just say that so far, FNV is a special exception.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Jaesun said:
No, I'm the resident ME2 faggot/fan. The rest of the codex hates it (and understandably).

Trash loves it, Racofer digs it, I think it's fucktastic.

Plenty of ME2-lovers around here, and plenty of butthurt related to that fact.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
I thought ME2 was OK. It had some problems, but the writing was actually pretty solid for the most part and the departure from the usual Bioware formula was refreshing.

Yeah, as others have said, there are plenty of codexers who enjoyed it.

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
ME2 was a nice improvement on ME1. It also sorta broke the mold of (go to 4 places, then final area) that bioware usually uses.

Also, wtf is with DSIII? "cRPGs" are turning into shooters and hack-n-slashers are becoming RPGs? WHAT THE FUCK?

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
halflingbarbarian said:
Loving both Diablo style H'n'S and oldskool CRPG is not mutually exclusive my friends.

Certainly not. I love both but usually most of the 'dex craps all over ARPGs. When first announced DSIII seemed widely panned now everyone is warming up to it.

:love:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom