Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Magicka , get your robes ready!

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Seriously. $10 game gets a thousand times the support than any major publisher I've seen in a while.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
Metro said:
Seriously. $10 game gets a thousand times the support than any major publisher I've seen in a while.
Uh, that's not support. That's fixing the game so that it actually works, moreso than the non-game that was released.

Mhain

Educated
Mangoose said:
Metro said:
Uh, that's not support. That's fixing the game so that it actually works, moreso than the non-game that was released.

No, that's what support is. They are not obliged to fix the game (just look at every major developer), and yet they are doing so. This has only one explanation: They want the game to be playable. You are simply suggesting that they should not have been supporting the game.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Mhain said:
Mangoose said:
Metro said:

No, that's what support is. They are not obliged to fix the game (just look at every major developer), and yet they are doing so. This has only one explanation: They want the game to be playable. You are simply suggesting that they should not have been supporting the game.
I'm suggesting they are jerks that released the game in an unplayable state, most possibly knowing there are bugs but waiting until AFTER release to finally get over their procrastination and fix them.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Clockwork Knight said:
Hobo Elf said:
7 days for it to become playable

That's just a few years less than what it takes for an Obsidian game.
I was just waiting for the new Bloodlines CQM and unofficial patch.

Made two suggestions for the next version after playing with them.

Next version is going to have the "skip introduction" checkbox always visible,
and if the gods are willing, will not clobber the preexisting config files so you can keep a version with your preferred keysettings zipped.

Texas Red

Whiner
This game is great. It's actually quite difficult (I play alone) and requires thought and strategy and, what is more important, it take a while to master it. I'm in chapter 3 and there is a good variety of different monsters and bosses that require an individual approach. There's a whole lot of different combat situations as well and you can't just walk in and shoot everything until all is dead. Strategy is required and the longer you play, the better you are.

I don't play FPSs, action games or Diablo likes because they bore me to death, but Magicka has me, at least for now, hooked.

Angthoron

Arcane
God DAMN the boss fight of Chapter 6 is sick. I've not raged this much at getting my ass handed to me like ever.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Texas Red said:
This game is great. It's actually quite difficult (I play alone) and requires thought and strategy and, what is more important, it take a while to master it. I'm in chapter 3 and there is a good variety of different monsters and bosses that require an individual approach. There's a whole lot of different combat situations as well and you can't just walk in and shoot everything until all is dead. Strategy is required and the longer you play, the better you are.

Vortex rapes everything. There is no strategy required in this game.

Angthoron

Arcane
What is this Vortex and how do I set it off?

Also, FQASA beams are fairly insane.

QERASR is great cast on the weapon. Good damage and with a ton of immobilization.

For pure damage I spam thunderbolt on single targets and use conflagration on hordes.

Best item picks so far seem to be the life staff (constant and quick healing of shields/health) or the Aristo staff (resist everything and instant teleport out of danger), along with the
counter strike knife
for speed :lol:

Really fun, but it gets a bit too easy if you abuse time warp/haste/blizzard/rain/etc to have all enemies move at 2% speed while you run around them in circles. On the other hand, simply going invisible and running past 95% of mobs is fun.

Angthoron

Arcane
The tendency of certain warlocks to knock you off the island mainly. I'm pretty sure I'm doing it wrong, but fuck, it sure is great to spawn on an island, get a random warlock next to you and be flying down next thing you know.

If you have any suggestions on how to clear the place, I'd appreciate them.

JrK

Prophet
Knock THEM off the island. Use water element, which has awesome knock power. Especially the AOE effect on self is awesome.

Otherwise, steam-lightning-3xarcane AOE blasts worked for me.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
The "Mea Culpa" DLC can now be downloaded via Steam

Hello! We've got some great news for Magicka, patch #11 (1.3.5.0) was recently released. Now Magicka fans can rejoice even more as the "Mea Culpa" DLC has been released, via Steam update. The free DLC includes:
1 Staff - "Bugged Staff" - summons a swarm of bugs.
1 Sword - "A broken sword"
1 Robe - "Patched Robe"
1 Magick - "Crash to Desktop - Magick - zaps any foe (or friend)

Listen to the specially composed song “The Gamer and Magicka” to get in the right mood.
There’s even a special appearance by Vlad…
http://www.magickagame.com/media/music

Trololol~
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3wHpESLN8E

deuxhero

Arcane
Hmm, I may have to buy this when the sale comes.

See! That is why silly games beat super serious game, you can have crazy shit like this.

"It may sound like a great idea now, but originally there was no guarantee Magicka: Vietnam was actually going to happen. Paradox had initially rejected the Vietnam pitch, though later warmed up to it. The original concept stemmed from the unlockable M60 in the original game. "We had one of our graphics artists model an M60 and we implemented it into the game and we actually spent the rest of the day just going around shooting goblins. It's so much fun being a wizard, shooting stuff with an M60."

http://pc.ign.com/articles/115/1153326p1.htm

see these are the kinds of games that bethesda should be making instead of rpgs i guess

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
That is how game development used to be. You know, fun.

When the developers love what they do, it shows in the end product as well.

Destroid

Arcane
Game is pretty damn fun, played 4 way cooperative last night at a friends place, I think we killed each other just as much as the monsters killed us, absolute chaos.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Haba said:
That is how game development used to be. You know, fun.

When the developers love what they do, it shows in the end product as well.
Too bad their programmers are (were?) incompetent.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom