Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Editorial Dragon Age 2 is Declining RPGs

Ogg

Prophet
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
YourDaddy said:
Befuddled Halfling said:
unless they first recite 5 times that the only 2 cRPGs ever were Baldur's Gate and Morrowind
It's Fallout 1 and Torment, dummy. This invalidates your whole point ;)
New fag against new fag! In a mud pool! Battling for the enjoyment of old fags and for some KKK. Pathetic...

And I was one of them. Or still am.

Decado

Old time handsome face wrecker
Patron
Codex 2014
I'm getting pretty tired of Euro fanbois bringing up The Witcher as some sort of antidote to what's wrong with cRPGs. It's a dumb game with cheezy writing, overpowered PC and a dumb story written by a hack writer. Enough already.

I'm getting pretty tired of Euro fanbois bringing up The Witcher as some sort of antidote to what's wrong with cRPGs. It's a dumb game with cheezy writing, overpowered PC and a dumb story written by a hack writer. Enough already.

WAIT BRO FOR TWIHCER 2 RELEASE :x

the shitstorm is coming in may :lol:

Vulee

Novice
Befuddled Halfling said:
shit on it because you disagree with what the author called KOTOR? That's what discredits the author and everything he subsequently writes?
Yes, because if the fucker isn't consistent on what makes a classic RPG, then he's bashing DA2 just for the hell of it. If the author is an idiot, but accidentally makes a point, he is still an idiot.

Who said something about 2011 fags? :smug:

Vulee said:
Befuddled Halfling said:
shit on it because you disagree with what the author called KOTOR? That's what discredits the author and everything he subsequently writes?
Yes, because if the fucker isn't consistent on what makes a classic RPG, then he's bashing DA2 just for the hell of it. If the author is an idiot, but accidentally makes a point, he is still an idiot.

Who said something about 2011 fags? :smug:

Inconsistent in your view = factually inconsistent. Fuck, you are too stupid to even recognize an ally.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Decado said:
You are just jealous, that we (Europeans) made The Witcher 2, while your best shot is DA2. :smug:

Decado

Old time handsome face wrecker
Patron
Codex 2014
Yeah, DA2 is "our(?) best shot". Because that's the only RPG coming out this year, right?

Vulee

Novice
Befuddled Halfling said:
Inconsistent in your view = factually inconsistent. Fuck, you are too stupid to even recognize an ally.

With an ally like that, who needs Volourn? :M

Yeah, DA2 is "our(?) best shot". Because that's the only RPG coming out this year, right?

eurofags keep on bashing da2 cause they know twihcer has no fucking chance with deus ex 3 or mass effect3 :smug: fuck even skyrim looks better

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
*SHRUG*

Who gives a shit what some yahoo who is an idiot posts on another site. He'sw rong, he's right, it doesn't matter.

It would like me using some of the freaks on the BIo forums to prove my point just b/c we both happen to like BIo games (for totally different reasons just to make clear lol).

You shouldn't need allies to back up your opinion, FFS.

Espicially from someone who claims that KOTOR is ana wesome example of a RPG when KOTOR is simply a dumbed down version of NWN.

LMFAO

Vulee

Novice
Volourn said:
You shouldn't need allies to back up your opinion, FFS.

Espicially from someone who claims that KOTOR is ana wesome example of a RPG when KOTOR is simply a dumbed down version of NWN.
If the opinion is valid, it can stand on its own.

:salute:

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
But it's not valid unless youa re one of the types who jump on the bandwagon where if you agree with it is valid.

Kinda of the like the Codexian morons who think I'm retart when I state something they disagree with but then say I am awesome when i post something theya gree with but then go abck to being whiners when I again post something they hate.

R00fles!

A tool is a tool no matter what he types. And, said article guy is a tool, and I'd say that even if he wrote 'nwn is awesome'.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
meanwhileInPoland said:
eurofags keep on bashing da2 cause they know twihcer has no fucking chance with deus ex 3 or mass effect3 :smug: fuck even skyrim looks better
Why do you compare Mass Effect 3 to the TW2? That's a shooter FFS!

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
a budda said:
nwn is crap
Just as your comment.

(I admit that the singleplayer campaign is not that good, but the multiplayer and the expansions make up for that shortcoming.)

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
meanwhileInPoland said:
halo is not rpg
where the fuck this idea comes from?
Why is it not an RPG? It has weapons, it has stats (number of bullets, shield capacity), it has quests (missions). Just like Mass Effect.

no dialogues?
no c&c?

it has stats (number of bullets, shield capacity)

ffs :salute:

number of bullets? no fucking skills, no fucking experience, no fucking leveling your character and skills

if you want to go that way than i am calling witcher 1 a slasher. and twihcer2 is even better slasher cause this time you can roll to dodge. every good slasher have that :smug:

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
meanwhileInPoland said:
no fucking skills, no fucking experience, no fucking leveling your character and skills
They stripped those out of the game to make it more welcoming for the casuals. But it is still an RPG. Just like how the RPG elementes were stripped out of DA2 to make it more welcoming.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Good troll:

J_C said:
Why is it not an RPG? It has weapons, it has stats (number of bullets, shield capacity), it has quests (missions). Just like Mass Effect.

Terrible and pathetic attempt at trolling:

FatCat said:
i agree with retarded polak , ME has non-linear story while halo is corridor shooter.

FatCat

Educated
Jaesun said:
Good troll:

J_C said:

Terrible and pathetic attempt at trolling:

FatCat said:
i agree with retarded polak , ME has non-linear story while halo is corridor shooter.

counter-trolling something that is not trolling is failure by default :M

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom