Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Obsidian in chart

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
NWN2: Worse than Oblivion

No fuck you.

tennishero

Novice
modded oblivion is better than any obsidian game ever made

better than any game ever made

Hegel

Arcane
Xor said:
NWN2: Worse than Oblivion

No fuck you.
It is, at least until you get to the Keep. From then on the game becomes enjoyable, but the camera, goddamnit, the camera, thank GOD MoTB and SOZ did at least fix it a bit.

NWN2 has some redeeming points although, the NPCs, the voice acting. Vanilla Oblivion on the other hand is liquid shit.

NWN2 VA. FUCK, Neshka still gives me an hardon.

Blackula

Educated
Turisas said:
All Obsidian games are at least good for what they are (except SoZ, didn't play that so can't vouch for it).
Of course. After all, it's always the publishers fault that their games turn out like shit. Can't bring them down for it, right?

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Jaesun said:
Where is the Bethesda chart?

bethseda.png

Did I mention I'm not a big fan of Oblivion?

Jools

Eater of Apples
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Insert Title Here Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
DA2 > every other game mentioned in this thread or any other thread, ever.

Press button > something awesome.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
NWN2 OC is just like the Baldur's Gate series, just with better dialogue, writing and story. It goes without mention that I think BGs are both vastly overrated.

Though I'm still confused why people complain about the camera in a game where camera doesn't matter. Not only are you doing most of your commands during pause, there's no platforming or action gameplay either. :?

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
Vaarna_Aarne said:
NWN2 OC is just like the Baldur's Gate series, just with better dialogue, writing and story. It goes without mention that I think BGs are both vastly overrated.

Though I'm still confused why people complain about the camera in a game where camera doesn't matter. Not only are you doing most of your commands during pause, there's no platforming or action gameplay either. :?
:salute:

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Vaarna_Aarne said:

Character mode and that one other mode I don't remember never worked well for me. It was unwieldy and uncomfortable to look at.

Strategy mode worked fine, never had a problem with it. Far better than Dragon Age Origin's poor topdown view. Then again I didn't buy the game at first launch so maybe the patches fixed it.

Funny story:

I haven't played any of those games. Now that I look back, I essentially stopped playing somewhere in 2004-5.

MetalCraze said:
DriacKin said:
http://driackin.files.wordpress.com/2011/03/obsidian_chart.jpg

Let the butthurt ensue...

That's about right

Nope it's not. You can't go below Oblivion/Fallout 3 pair in the same way as temprature can't go below absolute zero :smug:

Jools

Eater of Apples
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Insert Title Here Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
turn_based_fanboy said:
MetalCraze said:
DriacKin said:
http://driackin.files.wordpress.com/2011/03/obsidian_chart.jpg

That's about right

Nope it's not. You can't go below Oblivion/Fallout 3 pair in the same way as temprature can't go below absolute zero :smug:

Of course you can. You just need to redefine absolute 0. Like bioware did with their writing.

Silellak

Cipher
DriacKin said:
I don't get why there would be butthurt. Why do people let someone else's general opinion of a game bother them? OH NO! Someone hates something I like. I am very butthurt about this because everyone should have the exact same opinion on everything.

What bothers me is when people make more-specific statements about games that are actually untrue:

Acceptable statement:
New Vegas is a piece of shit.

I might disagree, but whatever. I can see why some people might not be able to get beyond the fairly awful engine. Their loss, but not my problem.

Unacceptable statement:
New Vegas is just like Fallout 3.
:retarded:

Xor

Arcane
It kind of ruins the joke if you take out the arrow pointing to Oblivion.

Silellak said:
DriacKin said:
I don't get why there would be butthurt. Why do people let someone else's general opinion of a game bother them?

r u srs?
You like Alpha Turd. Alpha Turd is shit. Combat is shit. Balance is shit. Gfx is shit. Characters are retarded shit for children, might as well watch animu. Ergo you are shit.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom