Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News EA bans player from playing Dragon Age II

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
felipepepe said:
MetalCraze said:
Being 2010 member is enough of a diagnosis in itself
Indeed. TRUE MEN are raging since at least 2007.

And in silence. :obviously:

Sarcasm?

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
felipepepe said:
DragoFireheart said:
felipepepe said:
MetalCraze said:
Being 2010 member is enough of a diagnosis in itself
Indeed. TRUE MEN are raging since at least 2007.
And in silence. :obviously:
Sarcasm?

Much likely.

Otherwise, bow now. :twisted:

(Remembers playing Tactics Ogre)

Fucking douche! I had to fucking kill you assholes multiple times before I could end the god damn battle!

FUCK OFF!

:rage:

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
DragoFireheart said:
(Remembers playing Tactics Ogre)

Fucking douche! I had to fucking kill you assholes multiple times before I could end the god damn battle!

FUCK OFF!

:rage:

Off-topic as hell, but that game is AMAZING!

I realy love the "medals" system, and turning my mage into a immortal u-sword-no-hurt-me Lich was problably the one of the breakthrus of player choices available at the time. Fuck Oblivion vampires.

Pegultagol

Erudite
Welcome to the new Cloud (console) level gaming, where it all seems peaceful above it, but a shitstorm raining down holy terror on unwashed masses below who are blocked access to content they legitimately bought. It is all smoke and mirrors, another new level of DRM scheme.

IronicNeurotic

Arbiter
Pegultagol said:
Welcome to the new Cloud (console) level gaming, where it all seems peaceful above it, but a shitstorm raining down holy terror on unwashed masses below who are blocked access to content they legitimately bought. It is all smoke and mirrors, another new level of DRM scheme.

Except consoles don't have DRM.

Also DA2 is shitty even for a console game.

Rogue

Educated
micmu said:
Volourn said:
No defending this bullshit. Plain, and simple garbage.

I say EA better reactive his game account and let him play or he should sue them and/or bring them up to the Customer Rights Board. EULA or no EULA this type of crap wouldn't survive a court showdown no doubt about it.
Bullshit!
It his own fault to not obey the rules int he first place. If he didnt like the rules he shouldnt buy the game. period. plenty of other games in the sea

So if the rules go against all common sense one should just conform like a little bitch? Nice slave mentality you got there, BRO.

sheek

Arbiter
It's not a first, other companies have done the same.

I was essentially banned from playing Hearts of Iron III (should never have bought it - that's why I'm not getting DA2) because I questioned a moderator's decision on their forum.

Since you need a patch for their shitty game to be playable and you could only access the patch if you were registered from the forums and I was locked out.

I had to pretend to make a grovelling apology to this moderator in order to play the game I was the legal owner of. I got to the point of getting an email from the Chief Executive about refunding the game.

Gord

Arcane
I haven't seen that fine internet drama since Team Gizka went down. Or maybe since the last time Tessera left the internet? Nah, Team Gizka it is.

And this time they are even fighting the good fight with drama.

Ruprekt

Scholar
Maybe it's a way of increasing your immershun in the medieval world of Dragon Age II?

Now you can feel what it's like to be a serf and have your property rights taken away.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
sheek said:
I was essentially banned from playing Hearts of Iron III (should never have bought it - that's why I'm not getting DA2) because I questioned a moderator's decision on their forum.

Since you need a patch for their shitty game to be playable and you could only access the patch if you were registered from the forums and I was locked out.

Brotip: You can always get the latest official patch for Paradox games by clicking "check for update" in the game launcher, no need for forum access unless for some reason you want to play with beta patches.

This also works for copies which have not been removed from inventory.

1zeavsg.jpg

Topher

Cipher
krist2 said:
IronicNeurotic said:
Biowhore/EA continue with the lies.

It never fucking happened

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011/03 ... more-53695

This just gets better and beter... :lol:

Not like any of this matters. By the time Mass Effect 3 ships nobody will remember or care about this anymore and everyone will rush out to pick it up at release. That's the consumer mindset and that's why we can't have anything nice.

J1M

Arcane
This is just part of an ongoing effort to dismantle bioware. EA does the same thing with all of the studios it purchases. See: westwood, maxis, etc.

EDIT: What is particularly offensive about the EA lie/response that it was a bug is that the business people who do no real work are trying to blame the programmers for this problem.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom