Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Obsidian Butthurt Detected

Ermm

Erudite
Havoc said:
stan-woo.jpg

Cut their limbs, that's the only way you can kill them and stop the spread of infection.

Nael

Arcane
janjetina said:
Not only is GRPD full of General gaming shit like Dragon Age 2 and Alpha Protocol, but now General discussion shit starts to fill its spaces. Nice.

You're absolutely right. I'll shorten the whole fucking thing and dumb it down for you.

Nael

Arcane
Alex said:
Nael said:
Fuck you all for not being able to take a stupid fucking joke. Fuck you and you and you and you. And you.

:oops: Sorry man, my sarcasm detector was at the mechanic when I posted that.

:lol:

It's ok. I aint mad atch'ya. I use humor and mock anger to make up for my insecurities. I should be apologizing to you.

IronicNeurotic said:
villain of the story said:
Excellent characterization? Execution of a few characters were truly excellent and showed us what next-gen in computer games is supposed to be in RPGs the way Bloodlines also did. The rest? A pile of shit of comic stereotypes. Solid writing? Again, exclusive to those few characters. The rest was Hollywood blockbuster wannabe bullshit. Still, all of it was better than anything in DA:O. Writing in DA:O is similar to a thread full of whiny needy lonely aged children going emofag on each other

Could you point to these charachters that were bullshit?

I can't name any. Even those that filled more in line of stereotypes. (Madison, SIE) were p. good charachterized and stayed true to it.

The only real bullshit part I can remember regarding charachterization was the end of rome with Madison/Mike. And that did only have a few lines.

And can set up some awesome later with Parker, if you find out a couple of important, but easily missable, details about Madison:)

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
denizsi said:
IronicNeurotic said:
Havoc said:
And references to Something Awful. It's just shows that Obsidian has nerds, not like Bethesda and Bioware. That's a good thing! I don't like games made by jocks.

Nonono. The problem isn't that they are "Nerds" and the other "jocks".

They are both nerds.

The problem is

This is Bioware

gaiderinterview_greywardens.jpg

stan-woo.jpg

This is Obsidian
308341-josh_eric_sawyer.jpg

avelloneITV.jpg

Now with which of these are actually capable of extended social interaction?

Even between nerds there is a difference.

(And I'm not making fun of that Bioware is fat. Feargus is also chubby but he has a awesome personality to go with it. Bioware takes their nerddom waaaay too far.

Hobo Elf said:
Bioware: Embarassing social awkward subhuman scum
Obsidian: People you'd actually like to spend time with

:salute:

Two posts worthy of remembering forever.

Bro like not fagotry :love:

MetalCraze

Arcane
Nael said:
New Vegas was shit.

Indeed.

Although many retards on the Codex prefer to pretend that it's different from shitty Fallout3 even though they are exactly the same and they can't say why

"oh it has bettaaa wraaiitinnn" is the only excuse they can ever produce, considering that New Vegas is about retarded shit where cowboy tribals fight ancient Rome

Silellak

Cipher
MetalCraze said:
Nael said:
New Vegas was shit.

Indeed.

Although many retards on the Codex prefer to pretend that it's different from shitty Fallout3 even though they are exactly the same and they can't say why

"oh it has bettaaa wraaiitinnn" is the only excuse they can ever produce, considering that New Vegas is about retarded shit where cowboy tribals fight ancient Rome
Oh skyway. Never change. :love:

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Silellak said:
MetalCraze said:
Nael said:
New Vegas was shit.

Indeed.

Oh skyway. Never change. :love:

Indeed. Someone needs to fuel the hatred that MCA draws from the codex. Skyway is basically The Eternal Flame of Pure Hatred. Never change Astaroth.....

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Alexandros said:
villain of the story said:
Are you serious? For every Codexer who liked AP, there were five more who hated/disliked it. Get your KKKodex right, newfag asshole.

Ah, but those of us who did like it belong to the Codex elite, so our opinion is better than yours :D

Comrade Alexandros speaks the truth. The truth is even more truthful when I put it in large font like this:

ALPHA PROTOCOL IS A GREAT GAME!!!

MetalCraze said:
Nael said:
New Vegas was shit.

Indeed.

How's that 8th replay of KOTOR coming along bro?

MetalCraze

Arcane
Jaesun said:
racofer said:
Indeed. Witness AP's magnificence!

wb9d1z.jpg

FFS! LOOK that the shitty texture of those tires!! WORST GAME EVER!!!!111

/Skyway

More like caring Obsidian couldn't let poor RPG players fail and feel frustration of trying to actually play the game so they removed magazine from enemy's gun.

And it's a fine design choice - considering that player character fires his gun like hell from 2 meters away and yet no bullet has hit an enemy. The enemy obviously has a DEX stat so high, he dodges bullets just by looking in the opposite direction.

kris

Arcane
MetalCraze said:
Nael said:
New Vegas was shit.

Indeed.

It has much better quests. Now it is no longer the only "excuse".

MetalCraze

Arcane
All quests in New Vegas go down to 'shoot'-'talk'
There is nothing else to them.
Not a little bit of exploration or the need from the player to show an independent thought

Caring people of Obsidian punch you in your face with what and how to do and then give you warnings of what's going to happen if you do that or this. Quest compass takes care of the rest (e.g. they fuck up all that that made Fallout quests worthwile)

Just like Beth.

Nael

Arcane
MetalCraze said:
Nael said:
New Vegas was shit.

Indeed.

I actually thought the writing in NV was worse overall than FO3 for the most part. I thought the overall concept was superior to FO3 but the implentation left a lot to be desired. In otherwords more of the same half-assed Obsidian fare. The first run through the game I fucking loathed it and wiped it from my hard drive. Then after my trip out to Arizona I reinstalled it to give it another spin since I was in the mood for something with a Western flaire. I find the game to be a lot more enjoyable if you just ignore the main questline. Maybe this was done on purpose, because it certainly feels like a smack in the face if you try to play it with the intention of "finishing" it.

Begriffenfeldt

Educated
Hobo Elf said:
Bioware: Embarassing social awkward subhuman scum
Obsidian: People you'd actually like to spend time with
The Codex: uhhh

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom