Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Demise vol. II: Ascension descends to the public

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
Tags: Demise - Rise of the Ku'tan

<p>Well, not <em>exactly</em>, but almost. The mythical expansion to the behemoth among dungeon crawlers -- <a href="http://www.decklinsdemise.com/">Demise: Rise of the Ku'tan</a> -- rivaled only Grimoire in terms of its delay, with countless news of its release being just behind the corner. Today our esteemed member S<em>tabwound</em>, who apparently preordered Ascension,<em>&nbsp;</em>brings news that he received his expansion key. A look at the <a href="http://www.decklinsdomain.info/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=36&amp;t=4146&amp;start=25">forums</a>&nbsp;confirms that the expansion is finally finished, with the developer being charming as usual: <a href="http://www.decklinsdomain.com/games/gameindex.htm#Ascension">here</a>'s the purchase link, and if you buy the expansion (which includes the original game), you will receive the download link INSTANTLY, that is, uh, "<span>before the end of March 2011".</span></p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>Thanks, <em>S</em><em>tabwound!</em></p>

Yeesh

Magister
Oh I'm all a-twitter over this one. Or at least I would have been 4 years ago. But I'm still interesting in hearing the final list what the expansion does and doesn't do, and of course reading reviews.

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
Well, I never completed the original (but still liked it!). And I think the expansion introduces new areas for high level characters. If it doesn't come with a predefined party, a reviewer without much experience with the original game would have to play for 100 hours before reaching the content added in the expansion, I guess :D

ecliptic

Liturgist
This shit was hilarious. A good five years or so of sliding almost release dates. :) :)

ecliptic

Liturgist
It apparently makes the base game harder.

No thanks, I'm fine with the old version.

covr

Prophet
Patron
Elwro said:
Well, I never completed the original (but still liked it!). And I think the expansion introduces new areas for high level characters. If it doesn't come with a predefined party, a reviewer without much experience with the original game would have to play for 100 hours before reaching the content added in the expansion, I guess :D

If I remember correctly, the expansion adds new areas, items and spells since beginning of the game. So it may be worth to to play it again.

getter77

Augur
Will pick it up at some point...actually had money for it last year but that ship long since sailed as things kept sliding.

Definitely looking forward to reviews, LPs, etc.

Stabwound

Arcane
Yeah, the sales webpage is an abomination. Looking at the source, it was designed with "Frontpage 4.0" which apparently was released in 1999. :lol:

The original game was released at the end of 1999, meaning the expansion was released over 11 years after the original, which must be a record. It has been in development for something like 5-6 years now and missed about 10 promised release dates, so it's shocking that it's actually out. I was checking the status about once a year and really didn't think it would ever be released.

If you like grid-based blob dungeon crawlers that are a massive time sink you'll love Demise. It's not without its flaws, especially the very clunky UI (which was bad even in 2000) but if you can enjoy the old Might and Magic/Wizardry games you'll enjoy this.

There is apparently a demo here but I can't vouch for it at all as it seems like it's from an extremely old version of the game and I didn't download it.

Xi

Arcane
I too have a CDkey and have downloaded the game. If they didn't remove level pinning or at least tweak it, then I doubt I will give it much time. I always hated that about the game. You can amass thousands of levels, but you have to leave the dungeon after gaining just two or progression halts.

Worst design ever! Unless spending 10 hours back tracking out of the dungeon thousands of countless times is "fun," then they need to alter it. That's probably the biggest issue I have with the community for this game too. They are far more masochistic than the Codex, and they prefer a time challenge as opposed to a strategy challenge.

We'll see.

tindrli

Arcane
does anyone knows the master server adress to play demise online???

cant find anything that works :M

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom