Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Why Video Game Designers Are Missing The Mark With Women

Lonely Vazdru

Pimp my Title
Threat of Withheld Affection (Code Pink) – The Pink Whip
•“Creeps like you will never get laid!”

Charge of Unattractiveness (Code Tan) – The Ugly Tan Charge
•“You can’t get laid!”

Charge of Rationalization (Code Purple) – The Sour Grapes Charge
•“You are just bitter because you can’t get laid.”

Make up your mind already.

visions

Arcane
Humanity has risen! said:
Soooo true, that's just yet more feminist BS.

It's simple why women won't play games:

1-They have no drive to be heroic

Playing computer games is p. heroic.

:thumbsup:

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Women do not play video games because they have no conceptual capability. Without the proper social context for them its a meaningless activity.

Luzur

Good Sir
Loriac said:
Annie Mitsoda said:
Ah, Codex. Nothing like five pages of manchildren wailing about women whom they likely have only the minimum of contact with, and dudes who think they're some kind of comedic genius by trotting out the "bitch make me a SANDWICH" line. There may be some kind of smart hidden here, but after this long - I mean christ, FIVE PAGES - really? That's it? Hidden in this miasma of misogynistic fuckwittery?

aaaaaaaaaaaand you wonder why I don't post much? Truly.
:love: Oh Codex. You make me LOL. I can't quit you.

http://exposingfeminism.wordpress.com/shaming-tactics/

code blue
code green
code tan
and a hint of code orange as to why you no longer post here

but nice to see you posting here again ;)

hahahah :smug:

RoachKiller

Educated
Why don't women play with train sets?

Maybe if we made the trains pink?

Nothing will ever appeal to women as a whole without a strong social element, but MMO/social/life type games are useless as tits on a boar for satisfying the needs of current gamers.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
The real question is, why does it matter whether women like to play with trains or not? Women surely didn't care before feminists peer-pressured them into this whole equality thing.

Luzur

Good Sir
RoachKiller said:
Lyric Suite said:
The real question is, why does it matter whether women like to play with trains or not? Women surely didn't care before feminists peer-pressured them into this whole equality thing.

Because I have 600 pink trains.

trains are a phallos symbol and therefore oppressive to womynkind.

they enter tunnels and unload passangers.

RoachKiller

Educated
Luzur said:
RoachKiller said:
Lyric Suite said:

Because I have 600 pink trains.

trains are a phallos symbol and therefore oppressive to womynkind.

they enter tunnels and unload passangers.

That's kind of hot.

Ariadne

Novice
I randomly found this thread while googling stuff about Baldur's Gate... It made me feel sick, but I kept reading, hoping there would be some kind of backlash. But, with a couple notable exceptions, it's mostly people spewing hate against women and congratulating each other about it.

I had no idea the online gaming culture was so full of misogyny. Don't people have mothers, sisters, wives, or daughters? Would they ever say these things to them? Where is all this viciousness coming from? Just reading this thread makes me feel less safe in the world.

Self-Ejected

Jack

█▓▒░
Patron
Insert Title Here
Ariadne said:
I randomly found this thread while googling stuff about Baldur's Gate... It made me feel sick, but I kept reading, hoping there would be some kind of backlash. But, with a couple notable exceptions, it's mostly people spewing hate against women and congratulating each other about it.

I had no idea the online gaming culture was so full of misogyny. Don't people have mothers, sisters, wives, or daughters? Would they ever say these things to them? Where is all this viciousness coming from? Just reading this thread makes me feel less safe in the world.
How do you feel about trains?

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Ariadne said:

How is it to feel like a woman, Drog?

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Ariadne said:
Don't people have mothers, sisters, wives, or daughters?

We do. That's why we are so full of misogyny. Too bad you are just an alt though, this could have been really fun.

waywardOne

Arcane
Lyric Suite said:
We do. That's why we are so full of misogyny. Too bad you are just an alt though, this could have been really fun.

why is this an alt? this is exactly what my wife would write if she (a) was into CGs, (b) stumbled on this site, and (c) didn't know me (and thus not be surprised).

Ariadne said:

Provided you are not an alt, what did you expect from a bunch of nerds that cannot get a female themselves? They take this opportunity to spill a little bile. It makes them feel better, lashing out at a stereotype. Others here just ridicule it, or ignore the banana throwing. Call it therapy if you will.

However...as for yourself and your sensibilities...

Grow up and stop being such an easily offended idiot. Less safe in the world...this cannot be real, surely.

easychord

Liturgist
Of all the things going on in the world at the moment this discussion is the one thing that would make you feel less safe.

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
Ariadne said:

It may be because most of women are alien? Why for example there are almost no women in wargaming communities, despite that they tend to be full of well-behaved mature gentlemen? Is it because most of women are somehow inherently different? Why should we feel any sympathy to uncultured savages?

Black Cat

Magister
How did I miss this thread back then? Was I AWOL or something?

Humanity has risen! said:
It's simple why women won't play games:

1-They have no drive to be heroic and to compete/excel.

And mostly

2-They don't like anything that's complicated.

Sure, you like things to get complicated and we do not, and that's why there are a lot of girls who did play and did won Obsidian and Schizm, while you people are playing Fallout. Or, more like, re-playing Fallout. Cute. Also, videogames are heroic shit. Also, people who mostly plays single player games with no score talks about competing and exceling, sure. Are you better at Planescape than VD, sucka? :lol: Go play Shmups if you want to compete and excel, moron. And then, curiously, there seems to be a much higher girl to boy ratio playing Shmups than playing nerdtastic genres.

In any case, all of that would be awesome if it was, to begin with, true that girls don't play videogames, while usually the only thing that's true is that usually girls don't play the nerdtastic games most of you seem to like. And I refer to nerdtastic as in NUMBERS!, not as in hard. If, and a big If it is, you had, like, I don't know, done your research before opening your retarded mouth instead of believing you know shit about anything you would have discovered there are genres with a big presence of girls, in general, and particular games with an even bigger.

Sure, there are biological differences along the social ones. So? Did you miss that most modern games are about gruff and sweaty ugly soldiers and retarded space marines bonding with their male friends while blood flies everywhere? What a surprise most girls don't play many mainstream games or genres when the current target of mainstream games is socially akward adolescent males with nothing but frustrations and failures to cope with. And all of a sudden it becomes obvious Codexia hates itself, and says girls don't play many mainstream games because they are inferior to boys while what it is really saying is that Codex itself is inferior as neither does it enjoy mainstream games. Now everything is clear. Yeah. Fuck you.

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Feminist aproved:

burkaES_228x435.jpg

KOTOR III the Sith Ladies. :smug:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom