Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News BioWare Forum Ban Locks Player Out of His Games, Again

Begriffenfeldt

Educated
I can't decide who's more pathetic, Bioware or their fans. If ME3 is as big a fail as DA2, they should get together for a giant ritualistic wrist slitting to put them all out of their misery.

Anyone connecting their in game information to a profile online is retarded. You can thank facebook and twitter for making people this dumb.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
I like how people think this is anything new for a BIO release. the whiners are always full force when the new game come sout. It'll be back to 'normal' a few months from now. *shrug*

DA2 is not special in this regard no matter how loud the vocal minority are. LMFAO

Razz

Educated
What baffles me is that they manage to fuck the online side of things up so badly on their *singleplayer games*.

Just imagine what will happen with Old Republic. If this trend of professionalism continues..

waywardOne

Arcane
Mastermind said:
Or if Aerie was a double D slut spouting off shit like "sex is like flying, do it wrong and you get sick".
thanks for the mod idea.
:thumbsup:

Volourn said:
I like how people think this is anything new for a BIO release. the whiners are always full force when the new game come sout. It'll be back to 'normal' a few months from now. *shrug*

DA2 is not special in this regard no matter how loud the vocal minority are. LMFAO

Oh, in that case could you point me towards all the other banned users from previous games? The users who lost every one of their EA 'account' (haha, this whole system is incredibly pathetic) games, both single and multiplayer, from posts on the Bioware/EA Edmonton forum.

Thank you in advance.

Just imagine what will happen with Old Republic. If this trend of professionalism continues..

I am looking forward to it....not the game, the fallout from this kind of thing. I still cannot believe anyone would touch one of their games after this, but if you look at the person I quoted above, perhaps it will be easier to understand the complete morons who cannot help themselves.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
"Oh, in that case could you point me towards all the other banned users from previous games? The users who lost every one of their EA 'account' (haha, this whole system is incredibly pathetic) games, both single and multiplayer, from posts on the Bioware/EA Edmonton forum.

Thank you in advance. "

You are an idiot.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Blackadder said:
I am looking forward to it....not the game, the fallout from this kind of thing. I still cannot believe anyone would touch one of their games after this, but if you look at the person I quoted above, perhaps it will be easier to understand the complete morons who cannot help themselves.

Different people. Hell, different studio. DAII was a title rushed out the door to meet EA's needs. TOR is a much more important title from EA's perspective. Better development cycle, much better budget. I wouldn't expect ME3 to be shit just because DAII looks like it is either (assuming you liked ME2).

That's not saying it won't fail, but if it does, it'll be for different reasons than DAII.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
If this is the kind of moderation awaiting The Old Republic Online, I'm fucking worried.

That just spells 'stay the hell away from EA' to me.
If they can cheat single player consumers of their own game they already paid for, then what's stopping them from making up charges against customers who debates the shortcomings of TOR in the game chat?
dan21: dude, this game sucks dick...i mean seriously it's raping the kotor franchise..i rather take KOTOR 3 over this shit.
bab11: why r u still online then?
cox30: reported.
dan21: wtf

You have been banned.

Blackula

Educated
That's what you get for buying biowhore products. Next time these guys will just pirate them like they should of done in the first place.

*Not saying I support pirating all games, just biowhores if you feel they're worth the bandwidth that could otherwise be used for delicious loli :smug:

Drakron

Arcane
RK47 said:
If they can cheat single player consumers of their own game they already paid for, then what's stopping them from making up charges against customers who debates the shortcomings of TOR in the game chat?

Well nothing really but if they do that they would get a blacklash from the player base and in a MMO you have to keep the suckers monthly support by subscriptions, in a single player they have your money anyway so they dont care if your account is banned but on a MMO that is one "customer" that walked out and its not coming back.

But considering the trash talk EA been giving WoW I would not be surprised if they managed to pull stunts like that.

Awor Szurkrarz said:
Shannow said:
anybody who wishes for "tasteful rape" in his game should be required to be raped first.
Anyone who wishes for killing in his game should be killed first :M .
:lol: :salute:

Unless it's consensual murder, of course. :smug:

Discarded version:
But is it tasteful murder? :smug:

orao

Novice
ea and bioware will be raped by piracy.

Fuck you ea, fuck you bioturd

Arcanoix

Scholar
To this day I had kept asking myself why the original BioBoard's were shut down. They were good forums, nice coloration, nice layout, stable system, etc. Now I know - Social Networking is like DRM. Fuck them, I say. From this day and ever afterward, I will go the way of the Codex - I'll acquire a game and if I like it 25% of the way through, then I'll pay the bastards. Then again with how cinematic and grimdark the entire industry is getting, demo's usually show 80% of the game anyway.

Fuck you, EA. BioWare, not so much.

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
SuicideBunny said:
Zarniwoop said:
The EA devil... I knew they were up to no good back in the day when they started buying out everyone from Bullfrog to Westwood and that this would only end in tears.

That guy definitely has some issues, they could ban him from the forums if they really must. Temporarily. But preventing someone from playing games they BOUGHT? Fuck. that. This "bug" shit has got to go. Just pirate the games and be "bug" free then.

Eat a dick EA.
is it just me, or do you sound like a corporate drone trying to fit in?

Well, since you make no sense, I'm going to go ahead and say it's just you, yes.

Shannow

Waster of Time
Awor Szurkrarz said:
Shannow said:
anybody who wishes for "tasteful rape" in his game should be required to be raped first.
Anyone who wishes for killing in his game should be killed first for the same reasons he wants to kill in the game :M .
fixed.
Not that your awesome idea needed much fixing :M

As I predicted, pirates take this as an excuse and legit customers are driven away. I still find it impossible to understand how EA can be so incredibly stupid.
Guy talks shit on your forum, you ban the fucker from posting on your forum. How they could even consider banning people from legitamitely bought games without a refund boggles the mind. Must be the worst decision since the German government decided to loosen the security standards of atomic plants.

Shannow

Waster of Time
Zarniwoop said:
SuicideBunny said:
Zarniwoop said:
The EA devil... I knew they were up to no good back in the day when they started buying out everyone from Bullfrog to Westwood and that this would only end in tears.

That guy definitely has some issues, they could ban him from the forums if they really must. Temporarily. But preventing someone from playing games they BOUGHT? Fuck. that. This "bug" shit has got to go. Just pirate the games and be "bug" free then.

Eat a dick EA.

Well, since you make no sense, I'm going to go ahead and say it's just you, yes.
And me.

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Shannow said:
Zarniwoop said:
SuicideBunny said:
Zarniwoop said:

Eat a dick EA.

And me.

So maybe you can tell me wtf you're on about then.

Garm

Learned
Turjan said:
I guess I see a juicy class action suit in EA's future.

Which will sit in limbo for 3 or 4 years until the courts decide that EA was completely within their IP rights and will probably set precedent for even less consumer rights in regards to buying media. On a side note: Fuck intellectual property.

SoupNazi

And you guys get butthurt about Steam possibly going bankrupt and locking you away from the games. Biowhore/EA on the other hand will simply lock you away from them when they feel like being dicks.

janjetina

Arcane
Patron
Torment: Tides of Numenera
Garm said:
Turjan said:
I guess I see a juicy class action suit in EA's future.

Which will sit in limbo for 3 or 4 years until the courts decide that EA was completely within their IP rights and will probably set precedent for even less consumer rights in regards to buying media. On a side note: Fuck intellectual property.

No. First, this is a basic consumer right guaranteed by law that hasn't been waived by a costumer, since EULA wasn't signed during the purchase. Secondl, most consumer protection laws in civilized countries and states specifically state that consumers cannot waive the rights guaranteed by the said laws and that the law supercedes any contract that states otherwise (that includes EULA).

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Bingo. The law always trumps EULA.

This, btw, is why you legally cna't agree to get paid less than mininum wage. (don't get me started on the secondary minimum wage for certain jobs which is bullshit).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom