Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Thee 10 Commandments of cRPG's

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
Idiott said:
DONT TRREAT BROS AS RETARDS

:love:

And combined with these:

BLOBERT said:
A BRO SHGOULD BE ABLE TO KILL OR TALK TO ANY MOTHERFUCKER

THE WORLD SHOULD SEEM LIKE A REAL WORLD BROS THEY COULD DOP THIS SHIT IN THE 80S

We now have The Three Laws of RPGs

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"When pressing only the A button to resolve combat makes the Lord your God angry."

This is weird b/c in most PC RPGs, all I ever do is right click on the mouse. Alkl the time.

On consoles, I press multiple buttons. R00fles!

ElectricOtter

Thy races shall be Diverse and contain Consequences of thy Choice

(i suck at this)

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Fat Dragon said:
Thy camera shall be isometric.
2s7xt92.jpg

Baddygoal

Educated
Volourn said:
"When pressing only the A button to resolve combat makes the Lord your God angry."

This is weird b/c in most PC RPGs, all I ever do is right click on the mouse. Alkl the time.

Bro don't forget your left click bro.

easychord

Liturgist
My list goes to ten.

#1 There is but one god and his name is Chris Avellone. Thou shalt not worship the false idols of Japanese games or lesser developers.

#2 Do not take the name of Lord British in vain. Remember that it is thy solemn duty to create worlds.

#3 Remember Wizardry and keep it holy. Thy combat and character creation need not be an abomination in the eyes of god.

#4 Honor the legacy of SSI, Westwood and other parents of the computer RPG.

#5 Thou shalt not murder the genre by developing for consoles in the first instance.

#6 Thou shalt not make sleeping around with romancable NPCs the main purpose of your game or other similar unseemly focussing on the personal histories and personalities of followers.

#7 Thou shalt not release overpriced DLC.

#8 Thou shalt not falsely claim that the RPG is nothing more than a story with choice and consequence.

#9 Thou shalt not covet the camera angles of your neighbours games. First person and fixed overhead are thy camera angles as they have been since time immemorial.

#10 Thou shalt not covet the fast action gameplay that belongs to your neighbours games. Henceforth there lies the easy path to damnation.

Captain Shrek

Volourn said:

Is volourn retarded or funny?

:stupid:

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Wolfus said:
Thou shalt move square-by-sqare, like in first half of '90s!

...But though shalt not shy away from the glorious hexagons, whenever presented.

Wolfus

Arcane
ghostdog said:
Wolfus said:
Thou shalt move square-by-sqare, like in first half of '90s!

...But though shalt not shy away from the glorious hexagons, whenever presented.

:salute:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom