Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dungeon Siege 3 character reveal

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Atleast some parts of me inclined, and yeah I now know what is my first playtrought character.

GMonkey

Scholar
catfood said:
Chicks and guns, man. You just can't beat it.

Chicks and guns and magic and wolves, actually. Someone should make a t-shirt.

IronicNeurotic

Arbiter
Guns combined with Magic actually sounds pretty interesting.

Also just so all the "decline" crying faggots here get it.

DUNGEON SIEGE IS A HACK N SLASH / ARPG.

Get it now?

KalosKagathos

Learned
GMonkey said:
Devil May Cry style badassery
I was hoping for surfing on knocked down enemies and entire skill trees dedicated to smug trash talking. I was disappointed. She still looks fun to play, mind you. Seems to have a lot of ways to control the distance between herself and enemies. I'll probably be picking up the fire elemental chick on my first playthrough, though. Always like finesse-oriented melee characters, and polearms are my favorite weapons in video games.

Begriffenfeldt

Educated
Banksboy87 said:
Wow, now that was one of the most bad ass female characters i seen in an RPG, I hope she has a personality kinda like Morrigan from dragon age, not a copy but a tough but yet still womanly personality
I think this man is on the verge of a breakthrough

Black Cat

Magister
GMonkey said:
Guns, magic, boob physics, ridiculous clothes, and Devil May Cry style badassery.

She's a witch who uses guns. The comparisons shouldn't actually be to Devil May Cry but to Bayonetta, for Demiurge's sake.

:rpgcodex:

Also,

KalosKagathos said:
I was hoping for surfing on knocked down enemies and entire skill trees dedicated to smug trash talking. I was disappointed.

This.

Edit:

I almost forgot...

IronicNeurotic said:
Guns combined with Magic actually sounds pretty interesting.

Only if you haven't played any MMO during the last five years or so, as it has been done to death and back over there. It's a pretty cool combo, however, and very fun to play, in particular if the game allows you to get an anime moe-moe witchy dress and some badass and military looking heavy machinegun to go with it.

Though this is kind of revealing about where is Obsidian getting their inspiration from...

GMonkey

Scholar
Being a PC only mook, I have never experienced Bayonetta.

She still holds and fires a rifle with one hand, though.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Nathaniel Chapman said:
but the two pistols stance seems inspired (animation-wise, mostly) from Devil May Cry.

You don't say...

Katarina is one of my favorite characters. The way her guns combine with her magic is actually really fun. For instance, she has a spell (you can see her use it once in the trailer) where she plops down a purple AoE on the ground at her feet that doesn't do damage but pushes enemies back when they hit it. You can create chokepoints with it, protect yourself from melee attacks... it's definitely a very cool combo.

She also has a great "one-two punch" combo where you can curse an enemy, and then if you kill them while the curse is up they detonate, damaging enemies around them. Pretty fun.

SoupNazi

Can someone explain to me the new thing with doing fancy "trick shots" with either guns or staves? Okay it's not much of a new thing since I only really saw it in DA2 and now this but still. In DA2 the mages do these stupid tricks and wave the staff around fancily while doing magic, now she spins her RIFLE around on her finger and does behind-my-back shots and whatever the fuck else. It wouldn't be practical and looks retarded, and like exactly what it is - a stupid gimmick. FFS

J_J_M

Educated
The only good thing that comes out of DS3 is the Onyx engine. It means Obsidian could, COULD, be set for Icewind Dale 3, which is what they've recently mentioned in interviews.

J_J_M

Educated
SoupNazi said:
Can someone explain to me the new thing with doing fancy "trick shots" with either guns or staves? Okay it's not much of a new thing since I only really saw it in DA2 and now this but still. In DA2 the mages do these stupid tricks and wave the staff around fancily while doing magic, now she spins her RIFLE around on her finger and does behind-my-back shots and whatever the fuck else. It wouldn't be practical and looks retarded, and like exactly what it is - a stupid gimmick. FFS
When normal animations are not enough and you implement what is called 'the retard catch' to catch the attention of fickle-minded casuals who would not otherwise happen to buy the game by accident.

Every game needs to have some New Shit in it nowadays for publishers to fund a "RPG". "Hardcore" RPG is a curse word to publishers. That's the way it goes.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom