Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Preview Bethesda, maker of the Fallout series!

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Tags: Bethesda Softworks; Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

Yep, that's what some enthusiastic moron wrote in his retarded <a href=http://www.elderscrolls.com/home/home.htm>Oblivion</a> <a href=http://the-junkyard.net/previews.php?action=viewpreview&id=12>preview</a>.
<br>
<br>
<blockquote>In development since mid 2002 by Bethesda Softworks (makers of the Fallout series as well), Oblivion is shaping up quite nicely, and promises to take immersion in an RPG to the next level.
<br>
<br>
Bethesda has streamlined the skills section quite a bit from Morrowind, primarily with the purpose of creating balance and allowing true role-playing to occur
<br>
<br>
Oblivion is coming out with some new features that promise to truly set it apart from both its predecessors and the forthcoming competition.
<br>
<br>
One of Oblivion's, and in fact all Elder Scrolls games, greatest strengths, is their almost unlimited replayablity. Bethesda puts an insane amount of effort into providing the player with options that give this game its replayability factor. To begin with, there is the breadth of the game itself, with ten unique races to choose from (Orcs, Dark Elves, Wood elves, Altmer / High Elves, Redguards, Nords, Bretons, and Imperials, Argonians, and Khajiit), each varying from the other in both aesthetics and abilities. Combine this with the differences in playing as a fighter as compared to a mage or a thief, along with all the countless gradations in between (thanks to Oblivion's class system), Oblivion promises to be a different game with each different character you make.
<br>
<br>
The couple of screenshots that are included here, and there are plenty more at the official site, should give you an idea of what the game will look like</blockquote>
<br>
The last line is my favourite
<br>
<br>
Edit: We've been informed that the editor of that fine site has acknowledged the error and agreed that Bethesda, in fact, is not a maker of the Fallout series. We've been assured that measures will be taken, and a long overdue IQ test will be introduced. Unfortunately, other mistakes in the preview are still to be corrected, but we've been told that their readers are too stupid to figure that out.
<br>
<br>
<br>
Spotted at: <A HREF="http://www.rpgdot.com">RPG Dot</A>

Screaming_life

Liturgist
To be fair he does say:

Bethesda has streamlined the skills section quite a bit from Morrowind, primarily with the purpose of creating balance and allowing true role-playing to occur (as anyone who played Morrowind can attest, it was nigh impossible to play as a pure mage). However, the changes have also given rise to more than a few concerns about the new skill system, with skills being dropped and merged to fuel this streamlining.

Kraszu

Prophet
The couple of screenshots that are included here, and there are plenty more at the official site, should give you an idea of what the game will look like

Teh new Einstein.

bryce777

Erudite
Fallout 3 features....

Skills:

Shoot
Sneak
Steal

Weapon types:
7 different guns to choose from! Or daedric dai-katana.

Guilds:
Can join the brotherhood of steel, raiders, or deathclaws (dont ask!)

Play area:
5 square miles of set dungeons which are worse than randomized dungeons and over 100 quests that are worse than randomized quests

Setting:
You start the game as a prisoner of the khan raiders named Jessica Tandi

Game time:
Over 15 hours of true immersion experience for the main quest and as muct as 20 hours of total gameplay!

HardCode

Erudite
Well, if you are like me, you have already marked off the calendar in advance, ...

That right there told me he's an idiot. What did he do, circle November, December, and January on his calendar, since there is no release date?

One of Oblivion's, and in fact all Elder Scrolls games, greatest strengths, is their almost unlimited replayablity.

Strange, I always thought that when do a quest for one character, the quest is the same if you replay with another character. Bethesda did jack-shit to make the game replayable. Only WE can simulate something worth replay by creating a new character ... and that is about as far as it goes. Everything in the game is exactly the same no matter how many times you play with any amount of characters. Worse in Oblivion, the powerful array of different skills (that is sarcasm) will pretty much end up the same for all characters.

bryce777

Erudite
You know, the whole situation with sequels now is sort of like if they made a godfather 4 today, starring jackie chan and written and directed by the guy who did robocop.

Or like hiring Rob Halford on as the lead for Pink Floyd and writing The Wall 2, except it is a techno album, and then when you complain about it a bunch of insane idiots call you names and ask what's wrong with rob halford and what's wrong with techno....

jiujitsu

Cipher
Project: Eternity
bryce777 said:
Fallout 3 features....

Skills:

Shoot
Sneak
Steal

Weapon types:

Guilds:

Play area:
5 square miles of set dungeons which are worse than randomized dungeons and over 100 quests that are worse than randomized quests

Setting:

Game time:
Over 15 hours of true immersion experience for the main quest and as muct as 20 hours of total gameplay!

:lol:

You know Fallout 3 is going to be an Xbox 360 game.

bryce777

Erudite
jiujitsu said:
bryce777 said:
Fallout 3 features....

Skills:

Shoot
Sneak
Steal

Weapon types:

Guilds:

Play area:

Setting:

Game time:

i will be surprised if it isn't.

Man, I hate all the ignorant berks for whom they will ruin this game.

crpgnut

Augur
If they announce Fallout 3 for the Xbox, you might hear a huge explosion in Rockville, MD shortly thereafter. There are some seriously psycho people who worship that game as if it were God. Not that I need to tell you guys this ;)

Shagnak

Shagadelic
Cimmerian Nights said:
Overrated? He's the one of the best gay, bald, leather wearing, falsetto singer from the new wave of brittish heavy metal during the early 80s!

I concur.
Halford is the undisputed queen of metal. He rocks!

As for the article. Geez. Dumbasses.

Excalibur

Liturgist
I cant wait to see it, it will be an Xbox 360 exclusive with a pc port... it will be all 3d, it will suck becasue their is no way in hell to get a gritty setting enless you use an isometric 2d spites like fallout used? (please dont burn me if thats not what it is, but you know what the fuck i mean) there wont be meele becasue it wasnt used much anyways, and dialog trees wont be in, and it will be dumed down!

Section8

Cipher
Yeah, does front page news need to be quite so vitriolic? At this point in time, they are the makers of (the next installment of) the Fallout series. And it's not like pointing out the literary shortcomings of the gaming media is news to anyone either.

crpgnut said:
If they announce Fallout 3 for the Xbox, you might hear a huge explosion in Rockville, MD shortly thereafter. There are some seriously psycho people who worship that game as if it were God. Not that I need to tell you guys this ;)
It's always easier for the terminally mediocre (BETHESDA) to vilify their critics (in this case the Fallout Community) as psycho fan boys than to silence us by putting out a good product -- something they're manifestly incapable of doing.

So never mind that we're right, that this shitty company is going to ruin Fallout 3, we're obviously unbalanced for pointing this out.

The thing I find amusing is that the codex seems to be buying the damage control PR bullshit of the same people who are propagating these negative characterizations.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Section8 said:
Yeah, does front page news need to be quite so vitriolic?
Sorry, I'll make sure to sugarcoat it next time. I'd hate to offend anybody by accident.

At this point in time, they are the makers of (the next installment of) the Fallout series.
It's not what the retard said.

And it's not like pointing out the literary shortcomings of the gaming media is news to anyone either.
What's news then? Dungeon Siege review #127? Oblivion "will you look at the pretty graphics" vanilla preview #42? I'm open to suggestions.

Tintin

Arbiter
And it's not like pointing out the literary shortcomings

Well, he said makers of the Fallout series, which means that they...made the Fallout series, as in all of them, so it is a pretty big mistake.

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
Robert Jordan wrote a few Conan books, and I doubt anyone would say he was "the maker of the Conan series".

truekaiser

Scholar
jiujitsu said:
bryce777 said:
Fallout 3 features....

Skills:

Shoot
Sneak
Steal

Weapon types:

Guilds:

Play area:

Setting:

Game time:

if it is then they will have to rename the game. because fallout 3 will make the person buying it think there are two earlyer xbox games called fallout.. if you try to explain it to these people that the previous two were on the computer they would say.
you can play games on a computer?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom