Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

DA2 takes a dip off the third week.

Rogue

Educated
Pfft. Renegade was a long time ago but I loved that game at the time, even though it felt unfinished and single player seemed so boring it was unplayable. A squad saving up for the stealth black hand, planning, carefully sneaking what felt like forever and then finally if it all goes right planting nuke beacons all over the enemy base. Or not buying any nukes, just a small team of black hands flanking enemy forces and killing all the engineers while your vehicles mop up the remaining enemy armor... What was this thread about anyway?

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
"There is none. There'll never be any."

In early May EA will release their fourth quarter report for their investors and we'll get our answer to whether or not it had satisfactory sales.

SlowLane

Novice
Captain Shrek said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICbMU3IQ5p4

DAMN YOU MODS. DAMN YOU.

AnywaY.

Bioware is now giving ME2 FREE with DA2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1one!!!!!

So, if you've not yet bought ME2 and you've not yet bought DA2, then here is you chance to NOT buy them again. But this time why not not buy both of them at once!

<beat me by 1 min Captain :salute: >

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"In early May EA will release their fourth quarter report for their investors and we'll get our answer to whether or not it had satisfactory sales."

If the idiots are still going by the stupid '10mil' quote, DA2 is already doomed to be a 'failure' so the argument is moot. No doubt the excuses for it being a failure no matter what are ready to be used.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
This stinks of desperation. You don't offer bargain values on games that have been out for three weeks unless it's seriously performing below your expectations.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Bullshit. It happens for plenty of new movie DVD releases including major blockbuster ones. FFS

Captain Shrek

Volourn said:
Bullshit. It happens for plenty of new movie DVD releases including major blockbuster ones. FFS

This is religion. I have a new respect for Volourn. :salute:

Volourn said:
"In early May EA will release their fourth quarter report for their investors and we'll get our answer to whether or not it had satisfactory sales."

If the idiots are still going by the stupid '10mil' quote, DA2 is already doomed to be a 'failure' so the argument is moot. No doubt the excuses for it being a failure no matter what are ready to be used.

The 10 million quote is about SWTOR.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Volourn said:

DVD releases aren't usually new products. They're just home releases of movies already shown in theaters. By the time a movie comes out on DVD it has already been available to the general public for months.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
The DVD is a new product espicially when you throw in all the extras they usually do in modern times. It's not 'new' int he same games are when rekleased but still a new release. They even label them as 'new releases'.

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
But why would Bioware bundle a new game with an older one aimed at "loyal fans" who have likely already bought both?

desperation-desperation-demotivational-poster-1247616622.jpg

Edit: Looks like the video is fake.

Edit: NVM, it's not fake. Lulz.

CrimsonAngel

Prophet
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Yeah the are Advertising this on there masseffect site not the Dragon age site.

MAN this was fast.
They most be Desperate.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Actually, it's probably to get rid of their ME2 stoick that nobody wants so they throw it in as an extra. So, in essence, it's ME2 alcking in sales not DA2 hence why they advertise it on the ME site. R00fles!

Captain Shrek

Volourn said:
Actually, it's probably to get rid of their ME2 stoick that nobody wants so they throw it in as an extra. So, in essence, it's ME2 alcking in sales not DA2 hence why they advertise it on the ME site. R00fles!

Sure is dumb in here.

Its a digital copy Colonel Moran. Don't shoot the wax statues.

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Volourn said:

Why would they advertise it on the ME site if they want the DA players to get it?

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Damn. For Codexers you sure love your BIO. You beat me with the link Crimson. L0L

fizzelopeguss

Arcane
Volourn said:

Cut the bullshit, start the TRUTH.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
So you are rewarding the fans with a game they most likely have?

EA has some pretty brilliant marketing strategies.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom