Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Battle Isle Platinum on GOG

torpid

Liturgist
Oh wise Codex, I ask for thine advice.

It's a pack with three scifi wargames and a tactical squad-based game. I'd never heard of them, much less played them, but right now they're tickling my gaming senses. Are they any good?

Ofc lemme add rahr gog ripoff games for free blargh to preemptively cover that angle

Destroid

Arcane
Incubation is a cool turn based squat tactical game like, from memory the missions follow a storyline and there is no strategic layer, although I think you gain experience and choose equipment for you soldiers between missions.

Battle Isle games are pretty similar to Advance Wars for DS if you have played that, although there is more unit variety and detail.

Deakul

Augur
Only get it if you wish to witness some of the best games that turn-based gaming has to offer.

torpid

Liturgist
Deakul said:
Only get it if you wish to witness some of the best games that turn-based gaming has to offer.

I c wot u did thar

What's tempting is that even if the wargames bore me, I can always fall back on the turn-based squad game. Fuck it I'm buyin

Von Paulus

Educated
Historyline, was one of the best strategy/wargame that I've ever played.
I purchase it without hesitation on Day 1.

z3r'0'

Liturgist
Played Incubation way back. Its not Jagged Alliance
but its pretty decent. Heard the wargame were pretty good.

I'd say go for it. At least the gog version should work on newer PCs, I remember having issues getting Incubation to play nice on my Voodoo/PII/Win98 machine.

DakaSha

Arcane
Incubation was a bit more of a puzzle/tactics hybrid IRC.. that isnt to say it wasnt good

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom