Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Risen 2 Trailer is out!

mangsy

Educated
Fuck it, once I finish Dark Sun I'll give Risen another go.

Captain Shrek

Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of Dark Waters.

If it doesn't have a good RPG system, not going to play.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Captain Shrek said:

It's a Piranha Bytes game -- they are one of the last few developers that actually do RPG well.

Gosling

Liturgist
Captain Shrek said:

Pirates of the Caribbean is a cool setting for a game - what's not to like?
Besides it was heavily inspired by Tim Powers's "On Stranger Tides" which is a shit book but could make a great premise for a gameworld.

Angthoron

Arcane
The "You're too late, it's going to destroy everything anyway" coming from a pirate putting up a fight seemed a bit off. I suspect there's a context to it, but without it, that's a bit silly.

Also, Nameless Hero looks younger somehow.

Havoc

Cheerful Magician
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
Angthoron said:
Also, Nameless Hero looks younger somehow.

We... we need a new name for the hero from Risen. Nameless Hero is from Gothic. How about Clean-shaved Hero? :Smug:

Angthoron

Arcane
But if Gothic IP is coming back to PB, what if they decide to go with their supposed earlier idea, and reveal that the New Nameless Hero is in fact the Old Nameless Hero having travelled to another world?!

Black

Arcane
Pirates, gypsies, voodoo and tentacle monsters?
Mite b cool

Morkar Left

Trailer looks good, but if the mainactor in the trailer is supposed to be the hero I don't get it. He looks more like the Arcania-guy than the hero from Risen 1. I'm a bit worried about this fact...

Strap Yourselves In Codex+ Now Streaming!
The Trailer looks like shit, but it's just a stupid cutscene afterall, so that doesn't really mean much.
And the setting looks interesting.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Gosling said:
Captain Shrek said:

Pirates of the Caribbean is a cool setting for a game - what's not to like?
Besides it was heavily inspired by Tim Powers's "On Stranger Tides" which is a shit book but could make a great premise for a gameworld.

:x

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Something sounded off about the hero's voice. He sounded more high-pitched than I remember.

Captain Shrek said:
PB has never made a "good" system and I doubt they're going to start now. Expect marginal improvements over the first at the most.

Murk

Arcane
Trailer is meh, still got a raging boner for the game tho.

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
How the fuck did you gusy manage to watch this at all? I go to the site, click "trailer", click the grey arrow, suddenly an IGN site opens and tells me to enter day of birth, I can do it but the "Submit" button is inactive. WTF? (And I'm even in Windows now.) Tried Chrome and Firefox.

Nael

Arcane
Elwro said:
How the fuck did you gusy manage to watch this at all? I go to the site, click "trailer", click the grey arrow, suddenly an IGN site opens and tells me to enter day of birth, I can do it but the "Submit" button is inactive. WTF? (And I'm even in Windows now.) Tried Chrome and Firefox.

You should give your birthday as an age in human years, not pig years.

Zdzisiu

Arcane
Eh Elwro, no need to tell them that you are 14, just cheat a little and set the year to like 1980 or something, it works perfect then.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Month first, then day, then year.

Stupid imperialist measurements...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom