Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

THE WITCHER 2 is upon us!

made

Arcane
It does work. 0-day piracy is pretty rare on PC these days, though maybe crackers just cba with PC games anymore. I'd bet most regular folks aren't bothered by DRM as long as it's not ultra restrictive, and it seems publishers learned their lesson in terms of install limits and whatnot after the Spore fiasco.

It's been ages since I actually bought a game on release so this is all very exciting for me. Maybe I'm in for a world of hurt.

el Supremo

Augur
Patron
made said:
It's been ages since I actually bought a game on release so this is all very exciting for me. Maybe I'm in for a world of hurt.
This.

Last time I felt like that, when Gothic 3 has been about to come out. And what an abdomination of a game it turned out... Soon after, the first Witcher has given me some consolation.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Got caught in the hype and preordered Twitcher 2, despite my self-promise not to preorder any games until I finish the last one I bought this way (which is Arcanum).
I guess I can make an exception once in every ten years...

asper

Arcane
Project: Eternity
The conference was an enormous hype-parade.. All this talk about how they are going to push the witcher agressively into people's faces..

I can't help but think that 2 mil usd spent on marketing is a waste of money. Everyone who wants to buy the game already knows about it; who is going to be convinced to purchase it after seeing ads in the local tram for weeks?

Jaesun said:
turn_based_fanboy said:
How do they check if you play only on 5 computers if net connection is needed only once ?

hmm?

I would assume:

Install game on PC 1, connect to be able to play one time.
Install game on PC 2, connect to be able to play one time.
etc...

But how will PC1 know you activated PC6 if it no longer requires connection ?

Gerrard

Arcane
One key can only have 5 active installations.
You need to activate an installation in order to finish it and be able to play.

JasonNH

Augur
You can only play on five at once because it can only be installed on five different computers at any given time. You would have to uninstall it on one of them before you could install it on the sixth computer.

a budda

Arbiter
the conference was apparently for shop owners, fuck it was scary towards the end
YEAH! WE CAN DO IT, NOW HUG the person beside you and scream WE WILL SELL IT

well, anyway, it was obvious they'll put some idiocy DRM as the publisher will request it, all they could do was put it on GOG, i remember Gop talking they'd love to be DRM free but there's no publisher that will agree however stupid that might be

shame GOG price is twice the retail in potato and i'm not THAT much for supporting them :/
should be a "regular" price for potatoes :/
they probably get like 10x more cash through GOG but i can't justify paying for it a cnsole-game price, so fuck you CDP, think twice next time

Rondel.

Novice
http://www.forum.gamewalk.pl/viewtopic.php?f=70&t=753

About non-linearity:

Prologue will be linear.
I Act is more open and ends with two different quests.
II Act is more like two acts, because depending on your decisions you will visit one of two locations.
III Act: same thing as with second act.
Epilogue: 8 epilogues with different endings, giving 16 endings total.

fizzelopeguss

Arcane
asper said:
The conference was an enormous hype-parade.. All this talk about how they are going to push the witcher agressively into people's faces..

I can't help but think that 2 mil usd spent on marketing is a waste of money. Everyone who wants to buy the game already knows about it; who is going to be convinced to purchase it after seeing ads in the local tram for weeks?

marketing is everything.

el Supremo

Augur
Patron
JasonNH said:
You can only play on five at once because it can only be installed on five different computers at any given time. You would have to uninstall it on one of them before you could install it on the sixth computer.
And if you format your HDD, without deinstalling the game first (why would anyone bother), or just uninstall it while your internet connection is deactivated/behind a firewall, you won't be able to install your legally purchased game anymore.

Gordon Freeman said:
And if you format your HDD, without deinstalling the game first (why would anyone bother), or just uninstall it while your internet connection is deactivated/behind a firewall, you won't be able to install your legally purchased game anymore.

Don't do it, then. There, solved your problem.

jobbbs.jpg

BelisariuS.F

Augur
Another preview :
http://translate.googleusercontent.com/ ... PTUwbj3clA
http://translate.googleusercontent.com/ ... -SXbvbPZgA

Some infos:
- At the end of the first act we will have to pick sides. Depending on the side we pick we will get different set of main quests in the second act.
- Geralt learns by experience. When we kill certain quantity of a particular type of monster we get a new knowledge about this type, how he behaves, what signs, swords, oils are best against him.
- Some quests have no marker on the map and we have to investigate to solve them.
- Traps and weapons can be crafted only by craftsmen - we must deliver instructions and components. This method is cheaper than buying ready-made items.

Arcanoix

Scholar
Twinkle said:
dr. one said:
GarfunkeL said:
Incoming TASTEFUL!
ss_preview_tw_dojmy_38.jpg.jpg

I want to be a witcher. :M

A quick update since I asked about this particular scene. One of my sources have gotten back to me - this scene will be modified in the North American versions. I've a video demoing the modified scene, but cannot deliver until the day before release. :(

DreadMessiah

Liturgist
Guess I will wait for the EE for the second one too. I want to be a witcher too. Though I want to be one for the enhanced abilities and fighting, well basically anything. Actually I want to be an elder blood type spellcaster and create half fiends to rule the world getting rid of all the dross. I wish I had such livid and copious amounts of scars too. Ewww dark skinned female. I want a wonderful white skinned bueaty of a woman.

Replaying the twitcher one again hoping that the choices actually add meaningfully to the second game.

JasonNH

Augur
Arcanoix said:
A quick update since I asked about this particular scene. One of my sources have gotten back to me - this scene will be modified in the North American versions. I've a video demoing the modified scene, but cannot deliver until the day before release. :(

In the CD Projekt Conference, they said there was only one version and no censorship.

ortucis

Prophet
You people actually bother registering your retail copies? I always use NoCD cracks since I can't be arsed to login to shit like Rockstar club or live with "omg you activated it 5 times, contact us for more permissions if you want to play in the future" crap.

sick

Educated
Project: Eternity
Hamster said:
TW2>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>DA2 M:

on friday i have had classes from 'video games story design' with artur ganszyniec (lead story designer and principal designer for the witcher 1 and witcher 2 until 2010) and he said that da2 demo is terrible and he is not willing to play full game ever, even though he's rpg lover. so i think we can safely say that witcher 2 will kick shit out of DA2.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom