Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

THE WITCHER 2 is upon us!

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
And people complained about the boob cards.

Exmit

Scholar
Storyfag said:
Excidium said:
And people complained about the boob cards.

:troll:

GecLY.jpg

Exmit

Scholar
Medium looks the best because the stupid depth of field that is clunky is turned off

BelisariuS.F

Augur
Exmit said:
Medium looks the best because the stupid depth of field that is clunky is turned off

Let's hope that there will be an option to just turn it off.
Edit: On the other hand, it's only in cutscenes.

Data4

Arcane
Still waiting to see this awesome hairless vulva texture. You'd think it'd be plastered all over the web by now.

BelisariuS.F

Augur
Data4 said:
Still waiting to see this awesome hairless vulva texture. You'd think it'd be plastered all over the web by now.

Imagine a developer coming home after work and his wife asks him "What have you been doing today, honey?".
"I've been texturing a vulva.".

BelisariuS.F

Augur
Toffeli said:

"Furthermore, we will make every effort to cooperate with our publishing and distribution partners to remove the DRM in a postrelease
update."
:thumbsup:

"Registered users will also receive automatic notifications of updates via the game launcher. In addition, this will be the only way to update the product – patches will not be available as separate files, making it impossible to update illegal copies of the game in this manner."

:decline:
I like to have patches to my games burned on a dvd.

I.C. Wiener

Educated
Okay, then what about the GOG version? CD keys and registration sounds like DRM to me.

Phelot

Arcane
TW2 is better RPG because it has better sex scenes than DA2. FACT.

Mrowak

Arcane
Project: Eternity
BelisariuS.F said:
Toffeli said:

"Furthermore, we will make every effort to cooperate with our publishing and distribution partners to remove the DRM in a postrelease
update."
:thumbsup:

"Registered users will also receive automatic notifications of updates via the game launcher. In addition, this will be the only way to update the product – patches will not be available as separate files, making it impossible to update illegal copies of the game in this manner."

I like to have patches to my games burned on a dvd.

Wait, WHAT?!

So if I opt against registering, giving away my personal data and getting shitloadz of spam mail in return I won't be able to patch?? :x

Coyote

Arcane
BelisariuS.F said:

hahaohwow.jpg

Actually, he said "in this manner", so I guess it's technically true. But it's not going stop the pirates from getting patched versions, so it seems like exactly what that guy at CDProjekt was arguing against several months ago, inconveniencing paying customers (even if in a very minor way) in a futile attempt to combat piracy.

That said, I don't really give a shit about having to register unless you need to give them credit card information or something. More mail for my junk mail account, oh noes. And you had to do this to get the super-splendiferous extra-crispy edition of TW1 when it first came out, so it doesn't really come as a surprise. If I was in the habit of burning patches to CDs/DVDs like Belisarius, I can see being irked, but otherwise, in this age of readily-available free e-mail accounts that take less than 5 minutes to sign up for, it's practically a non-issue.

Still not preordering, though, since (a) I'd rather wait and see whether they put their money where their mouth is and remove the DRM on physical copies after the game comes out, and (b) the game sounds great if it lives up to its advertising, but that's always a big if. I'd rather wait and hear from people who've played it first.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom