Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cargo!

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Nope, no demo yet and it seems interesting. I like try these gimmick games before I buy unless theyre 5 euros or less. Can turn out to be total shit or a nice timewaster.

baronjohn

Cipher
Well, it's Ice Pick Lodge, so this game is probably going to be a lot of things, but shit isn't one of them.

BirdsCanFly

Educated
Well it certainly looks interesting enough.

dN6UX.jpg

BirdsCanFly

Educated
“The source of FUN is suddenly discovered on a mysterious archipelago. Two reckless smugglers head there with a cargo of priceless machine parts that by miracle retained their weight, to trade them for FUN.

The Archipelago was created as a base for a new world after the Gods decided that the human race should be replaced after the human egoism led the planet to collapse. The Gods main task now is to inject more happiness into the world!

Since then however, the gods’ skills have become out dated, their calculations were misguided and their goals have became unclear. They wanted the world to be held together with happiness – but forgot about FUN!”"

-source

aKFq7.jpg

W2NAh.jpg

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
I played for a while. It is certainly interesting, I'll give it that. The gameplay is sparse though, and mainly consists of running around and collecting stuff so you can build wonky contraptions to sail/drive/fly around and collect more stuff.

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
BirdsCanFly said:
Interactive storytelling experience?

One could still argue whether that can still be considered a video game or not. But the point is moot in the case of The Void which is not only rich in story but also features exploration, experimentation and ressource management with a hefty dose of randomisation, as well as some of the most memorable boss fights in recent history. It's also worth noting that it is by no means a walk in the park since most people had to restart the game a couple of times in order to develop a viable strategy to succeed. To say it isn't a game denotes a desire to troll or ignorance, or maybe just both.

BirdsCanFly

Educated
Jaedar said:
I played for a while. It is certainly interesting, I'll give it that. The gameplay is sparse though, and mainly consists of running around and collecting stuff so you can build wonky contraptions to sail/drive/fly around and collect more stuff.

Is it worth 20 bucks?

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
BirdsCanFly said:
Jaedar said:

Is it worth 20 bucks?
Hard to say really. I don't regret spending money on it, but I don't applaud my decision either. If possible I'd recommend you try before you buy.

KalosKagathos

Learned
Screenshots tell me that it's closer to Pathologic's weirdness than to The Void's pretentious artfaggotry. This is a good thing.

Lesifoere

Liturgist
I don't really know what this game is about and I don't care. It is by Ice-Pick Lodge. Therefore I must buy it. Vote for daring avant-garde devs with your wallet and all that.

BirdsCanFly

Educated
baronjohn said:
Is it anywhere else? I'm not going to run steam, tnx.
They say a boxed copy will be available in May, you will be able to buy it on Amazon, too.

Misterhamper

Scholar
Just "demo"ed it, played for an hour and so far I have had a blast. It's some funny sh!t :lol:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom