Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World Five. How are you doing.

Fjorn

Novice
Evening codexians. After getting my computer fixed i expected to see some new posts in here, sadly there isn't and was just wanted to know how you guys were doing, because of my early death after joining odditown i haven't been able to keep in touch, i might post my hs if i get some responses, anyways. Laters

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
I started up a character and wandered around.

Realised everything I wanted to do involved building epic towns.

Realised the last epic town was wiped in the reset before we even got the wall up.

Went back to Minecraft.

Iron Knee

Educated
I think Uno has a village somewhere with a few others.

Anyone who stuck around the codex camp has either gone inactive or moved away to make their own hermitage.

I log on before and after work to top up my curio's and then run around foraging for more when I have free time. Not really gotten much done yet with my own hermitage.

Jeff

Novice
I've set up a little camp with my brother and a friend, we're going quite well, even if we still lack metal (prospecting is bugged like hell, and i should make a mine hole and go to the second layer to be sure to get some iron).

Uno

Educated
Not a village, we have a farm, but only Archess and me play more or less often now. We've managed to get some iron from a neighboring mole russian (he ALWAYS SPEAKS IN CAPS claiming it's because of bad eyes) and made a few necessary tools.

Also i've created 3 enthroned toads recently, woohoo.

DarkUnderlord said:
Went back to Minecraft.

What server are you playing on?

oldschool

Scholar
The most fun I had in the game was running around mapping the wilderness and finding stuff. Building the original New Codexia with everybody was fun, but most of the fun for me was being an explorer and finding resources and feeling like that had some usefulness to the group.

I assume in these subsequent worlds, everybody still spawns in random spots, and there is no higher level wilderness to explore?

They removed the best part of the game for me with that change.

Anyway, is any of the old gang still around? Anybody remember Sarien the map-maker/fisherman, finder of uber clay, butt-raper of bears?

Uno

Educated
Actually, in this world there is more stuff to find in the wilderness - various curiosities in swamps, mountains, mudflats, and such. Oh, and catching the damn dragonflies.

oldschool

Scholar
Meh...Downloaded the client and can't even get logged in to make a character and try the game. Server is up and 900 hearthlings are playing, but not me. Screw it.

How is minecraft? We got a joinable codex thing going there? Can we kill stuff? Surprise buttsex?

Fjorn

Novice
You shouldnt have problems with odditown being hated if you were to join. We are the power house of this would with 4 people already being over 350ua, and almost all of us with 200. Just met klaue the other day that took our raid on emberwood :( we had to wait for our ram to fry, they let him in.

Fjorn

Novice
also, the thicket will hopefully be gone soon. we are on a Q78 soil spot. shit tons of metal, stolen and processed.

SoKvadratish

Novice
seems like a nice place you've got there, and i'd e glad to play with you again.
but hell, i've got sucked in by real life 'n having some things to do =/
but anyway - i'll try to catch up.

:D

oldschool

Scholar
I got gang-banged by cows. Just had to get one more Auroch hair...

There is a bizzare village next to me. About 4 times the size of Nova Kodexia in World 2. Nothing but an epic palisade with a few houses in the middle and some crops. Just a big, huge, mostly unclaimed palisade. Very strange.

So far, nobody I've met around my area will stop and speak. It's kind of spooky really. Maybe they are intimidated by my fishing rod and newbie gear?

I think I'm going to pack up and go resource hunting, although I'm guessing all the water, clay, and soil spots were discovered and claimed long ago. I wish they would reintroduce some kind of uninhabited wilderness area to be explored. That was the best part of World 2.

Kruger

Novice
Hi all!, sounds like alot of you guys are still playing. I haven't solved my h&h problem yet so can't play. But im looking forward to salem. Might join h&h at some other point, as you all know i mostly enjoy building stuff so if when there's gonna be more buildings to be built or ships and stuff or then a proper new world with continents then ill be back i think :)

-Kruger

SporkL0rd

Novice
Anyone still going with this? I logged in to check on my cave, and nothing had changed. I'll consider returning for W6, but I find curios ruin the game for me.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Curiosities are annoying, I'm not coming back anytime soon, especially since I have a great time in Minecraft which is pretty similar to H&H except you build exactly what you want and there is limited number of people on the server.

deus101

Never LET ME into a tattoo parlor!
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
I miss H&H but im glad as hell they deleted W4 and made it possible for me to drag myself away.

GrandProject

Novice
I sit on my clay
And I speak: play another day, play another day.

And yet, I grow bored
No treasures left to hoard.

Time to move on,
and then one more player is gone.

Blargh, I hate the grind without this village. Was the only village i played in that I didn't quit for a long time of boredom from grinding. I still lurk though, nice to watch the raid threads and drama on congress.
Hope you guys are having fun in whichever paths you took, in or out of game,
Regards, GP.

oldschool

Scholar
I've got a little hermit claim going, but I'm bored with it.

Removing Mordor took a lot away from the game. Without a higher level wilderness to explore and claim, it's just basically logging in to do chores. The FEP adjustments blow. I can't work off enough hunger to gain FEP without standing around digging dirt and plowing by hand.

I quit after World 2 and started back in World5. Despite World2's flaws, World5 is 10 times as tedious.

I noticed in an article about Salem, that they seem to be back to having a Mordor. I'll be interested to see how that game turns out, and what lessons they learned from Haven.

Salem article is here: http://www.tentonhammer.com/salem/may-2011-update

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Food is central to progress in Salem, as befits its loosely historical bent, and character development revolves around the four slightly humorous “humours”, or bodily fluids: blood (hitpoints), phlegm (non-combat stamina – for chopping trees, digging clay, etc.), yellow bile (combat stamina, also used for advanced crafting), and black bile (used for intellectual pursuits, such as learning a new skill). For example, to learn the “mountaineering” skill to escape the steep inclines surrounding the newbie area, for example, you’ll have to spend some black bile.
That sounds both interesting and yet completely fucking retarded at the same time.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom