Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

THE WITCHER 2 is upon us!

pocahaunted

Arcane
Mrowak said:
J_J_M said:
Aaand another video.
n1v77d.gif

(I swear I don't work for CD Projekt!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90BPECahh3o

Whether it flops or succeeds, I think it's safe to say TWitcher 2 will be, with its art direction and its execution, the most beautiful RPG in existence taking that title away from ToEE/Risen.

Not from ToEE, no.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I'm so pumped, this game will be fantastic. The release day can't come soon enough.

Mrowak

Arcane
Project: Eternity
pocahaunted said:
Mrowak said:
J_J_M said:
Aaand another video.
n1v77d.gif

(I swear I don't work for CD Projekt!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90BPECahh3o

Whether it flops or succeeds, I think it's safe to say TWitcher 2 will be, with its art direction and its execution, the most beautiful RPG in existence taking that title away from ToEE/Risen.

Not from ToEE, no.

There's something in ToEE that screams to me 'generic D&D fantasy'. While most locations look amazing for the most part there are bits out there that I feel were overdone - most characters' portarits, some weapons and armour - how they look on you - some locations such as the Evil Temple itself. It's too pristine, too perfect, sometimes without vision other than 'it will look cool'.

Even the first TWitcher seemed much superior in this regard with someone doing their utmost to reflect the atmosphere of Medieval/Renaissance times mixed with wee bit of fantasy. Maybe it's just this sort of appraoach fits my tastes more fully.

made

Arcane
Mrowak said:
No DX11 = fail.
face.gif

MapMan

Arcane
I don't want to preorder this but I might end up going on day 1 or 2 to Empik and buying it anyway. I'd like to check out how it works on my PC first.

Captain Shrek

MapMan said:
I don't want to preorder this but I might end up going on day 1 or 2 to Empik and buying it anyway. I'd like to check out how it works on my PC first.

Well.. You could pre-order and pay AFTER the reviews are out (If I understand GOG policy correctly).

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
Captain Shrek said:
Well.. You could pre-order and pay AFTER the reviews are out (If I understand GOG policy correctly).

If I remember correctly, you have until the end of May to pay for your pre-order and get the 10% discount, after which it'll be cancelled and you'll have to pay the full price if you still want to acquire it legally.

Captain Shrek

Gragt said:
If I remember correctly, you have until the end of May to pay for your pre-order and get the 10% discount, after which it'll be cancelled and you'll have to pay the full price if you still want to acquire it legally.

That's still within his description, right?

bonescraper

Mrowak said:
There's something in ToEE that screams to me 'generic D&D fantasy'. While most locations look amazing for the most part there are bits out there that I feel were overdone - most characters' portarits, some weapons and armour - how they look on you - some locations such as the Evil Temple itself. It's too pristine, too perfect, sometimes without vision other than 'it will look cool'.
Oh please, putting Risen on par with ToEE is a blasphemy. There's nothing spectacular about Risen, the environments look just right, but on the other hand, some of the monster designs are pretty lulzy, (giant man-eating vultures and moths? geez) and most of the character models look plain bad. I really can't stand those trademark Piranha Bytes' overgrown shoulderpads and bulky looking clothes/robes.

relootz

Scholar
if anything can be said with certainty about TW2 at this point, its that the CE is bloody expensive, its 80 euros on amazon.

Exmit

Scholar
TW 2 - banal shit boring combat where you have to dodge like a retard all the time making some power sliding , non existant character creation nor customization , consolefag inventory , wowfag skills devolopment

Calling this Risen / Gothic clone a RPG is a disgrace to Fallout/TOEE/BG/Arcanum.

Fuck this piece of shit.

/waiting on Icewind Dale 3

Suchy

Arcane
Exmit said:
TW 2 - banal shit boring combat where you have to dodge like a retard all the time making some power sliding , non existant character creation nor customization , consolefag inventory , wowfag skills devolopment

Calling this Risen / Gothic clone a RPG is a disgrace to Fallout/TOEE/BG/Arcanum.

Fuck this piece of shit.

/waiting on Icewind Dale 3
So edgy.

/enjoy your diablo clone

DraQ

Arcane
MapMan said:
I'm aiming for day 2-3 myself, within the week 1 in any case.

About enough time to pull out if it isn't in fact awsum.

a budda

Arbiter
DraQ said:
MapMan said:
I'm aiming for day 2-3 myself, within the week 1 in any case.

About enough time to pull out if it isn't in fact awsum.

what do you mean "it isn't awsum"?
it haes to be...
i'm gonna cry

CrimsonAngel

Prophet
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
One thing i always liked about the Witcher universe is how Mages and Sorceress act.

They use there power extremely self serving.

Exmit

Scholar
Rofl at anyone who thinks this will be 'awesum'.

You go play gothic 1 and you will have same game. (with better spell system)

Mrowak

Arcane
Project: Eternity
And better setting-design.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom