Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

THE WITCHER 2 is upon us!

CorpseZeb

Learned
DraQ said:
IT WAS NOT SOLARIS.
THE TILE IS A LIE.

Serious mode on: "… “Solaris” is a one, big, fucking helluva good excellent book just ready to make fucking helluva excellent scary movie adaptation upon it...". Serious mode off.

Yeah. But who cares... Better to show ass of C. than some serious conceptions about possibility of communication with alien form of life...

And yet... no latex too...

asper

Arcane
Project: Eternity
Gerrard said:
:D :D :D
The music from the movie is awesome though.

Status Twojego zamówienia: pakowanie i przygotowanie do wysyłki
Przewidywana data dostawy: 12.5.2011 - 13.5.2011
Jebać sesję!

Wtf?! Zamówiłem w merlin.pl i tam mam przewidywany termin wysyłki "do 18.5.2011"

asper

Arcane
DraQ said:
asper said:
You're trolling, right? Please tell me you're trolling?
By stating the fact about Shoddyberg's "Solaris" being a grave insult to the book?

I raged so hard at this film that I almost had tiny jets of blood squirting out of the pores of my skin.
:x

I was replying to CorpseZeb. It seems this cultural ignoramus doesn't know about this

solaris02.jpg

Ptosio

Arcane
dbx said:
Admiral jimbob said:
So it turns out that the UK, despite being in the EU, doesn't qualify as being in the EU for purposes of this $16 voucher. And they only clarified this after I purchased. When I would probably have bought retail if I wasn't getting the voucher. Thanks guys!

The UK isn't really part of europe anyway. It's just the 51st US state. :smug:

So then he should pay the US price of 50$ with no vouchers needed. Did you try to tell gog that you're actualy sufficiently American to pay as an American anyway?

As for the review in cda, the very fact that they didn't give the game a 10/10 renders game as a dissapointment (also don't forget that they got an exclusive rights to the review and "free DLC"(WTF?) on their cover DVD. I'm sure they'd hype the game anyway but that's just for the record). Yet the reviewer doesn't seem to give the 9s to any title just like that, the one that gave ME2 10/10 was a different guy.

asper

Arcane
Nah, they just didn't give 10/10 to avert criticisms of being "biased".

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
DraQ said:
By stating the fact about Shoddyberg's "Solaris" being a grave insult to the book?

Why care? The book stays the same whatever adaptation was made. It isn't the best Soderbergh movie (that would be The Limey) but it's still an ok movie. That it differs from the book isn't a problem as long as it's good in its own right, which it is.

CorpseZeb

Learned
asper said:
I was replying to CorpseZeb. It seems this cultural ignoramus doesn't know about this

Asper... dunno where you get that thought, but I can assure you, I live in country where Solaris and other soviet, DDR and so on SF films was played in public TV...

DraQ said:
sgc_meltdown said:
Black_Willow said:

now there's a fellow not even a scalefag could love
Now imagine this fellow being one of the least sucky things about the whole movie.

Let it sink in.

And I'm not even joking here, though I wish I was.

Dragon wasn't that bad. Rubber monsters near the bridge were pure win.

Also small bonus for our non potato bros:

47797img_19.jpg

Pavetta - played by Agata Buzek daughter of the same Buzek who is now leader of European parliament and was prime minister at that time ;)

CorpseZeb

Learned
Ptosio said:
As for the review in cda, the very fact that they didn't give the game a 10/10 renders game as a dissapointment (also don't forget that they got an exclusive rights to the review and "free DLC"(WTF?) on their cover DVD. I'm sure they'd hype the game anyway but that's just for the record). Yet the reviewer doesn't seem to give the 9s to any title just like that, the one that gave ME2 10/10 was a different guy.

Who reads CDA today? And why? Its some sort of hardcore BDSM or what?

Anyway I wonder what is missing to get full blowjob 10/10? What is difference between 9/10 and 10/10?
Nah, I was kidding, don't answer that.

Gerrard

Arcane
asper said:
Wtf?! Zamówiłem w merlin.pl i tam mam przewidywany termin wysyłki "do 18.5.2011"
Nie wiem jak ze zwykłą wersją, ale kolekcjonerskie miały być wysyłane od 13-tego.

Novice
Przed przewidzianą na 17 maja premierą "Wiedźmina 2" w wersji na komputery PC już 111 tys. klientów kupiło ją w przedsprzedaży - powiedział w wywiadzie dla "Parkietu" prezes spółki "Optimus" Adam Kiciński.
Zdradził, że spółka planuje wprowadzenie na rynek drugiego tytułu, który wypełni lukę między "Wiedźminami".

"Budowa mocnych globalnych brandów jest, naszym zdaniem, najlepszym pomysłem na długofalowe zyski, to można założyć, że będzie to również wieloodcinkowa saga" - zdradził gazecie prezes Kiciński.

Already 111 000 consumers preordered Witcher 2 for PC - told chairman of "Optimus" company - Adam Kicinski. The company also plans to introduce another game which will bridge a gap between Witcher 1 & 2.

"Builiding a strong global brand is in our opinion the best idea to maintain long-term income. Therefore it can be assumed the Witcher will be a saga consisting of many episodes." - told Kicinski

Gerrard

Arcane
Przed przewidzianą na 17 maja premierą "Wiedźmina 2" w wersji na komputery PC już 111 tys. klientów kupiło ją w przedsprzedaży - powiedział w wywiadzie dla "Parkietu" prezes spółki "Optimus" Adam Kiciński.
Zdradził, że spółka planuje wprowadzenie na rynek drugiego tytułu, który wypełni lukę między "Wiedźminami".

"Budowa mocnych globalnych brandów jest, naszym zdaniem, najlepszym pomysłem na długofalowe zyski, to można założyć, że będzie to również wieloodcinkowa saga" - zdradził gazecie prezes Kiciński.

Already 111 000 consumers preordered Witcher 2 for PC - told chairman of "Optimus" company - Adam Kicinski. The company also plans to introduce another game which will bridge a gap between Witcher 1 & 2.

"Builiding a strong global brand is in our opinion the best idea to maintain long-term income. Therefore it can be assumed the Witcher will be a saga consisting of many episodes." - told Kicinski
Isn't that kinda low? There's probably like 15K pre-orders in Poland alone, almost all of CE was sold out.

Also, I found info from April that the first game sold 1,7 million copies, but only 127K of that is in digital distribution.

Novice
Gerrard said:
Isn't that kinda low? There's probably like 15K pre-orders in Poland alone, almost all of CE was sold out.

Also, I found info from April that the first game sold 1,7 million copies, but only 127K of that is in digital distribution.

I have no idea from what day that info is. Anyway I think it is not so bad considering many people got shafted at Dragon Age 2 preorder deal and probably now took a wait-and-see approach regarding a game from similar genre.

Also I think when Witcher 1 was released, GOG hadn't been yet launched (correct me if I'm wrong) so about 11% of sales being DD is not so bad. Especially if we take into consideration boxed edition of Witcher 1 was quite good.

bonescraper

I just got my CE fags! Wooo fucking hoo. I bet you're all jelly :smug:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom