Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

So I torrented Demonstone..and now I see where DA2 came from

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
The games are practically identical! Gameplay, awesum buttons, enemies out of thin air(actually they tend to crawl from somewhere, but similar effect), shit, even the graphic style and quality is similar, streamlined upgrade system, short tunnel levels..it has it all! Even Darkspawn(alikes) and a plot that's DA all the way! All DA2 has added is a minor 'adventure' element in between the constant awesum fightan!

Strangely though, despite being pretty much identical in general concept and execution the general view was that it sucked arse back in 2004. Had ATARI waited 7 years before releasing it they wuld have had an RPG GOTY right there!

deus101

Never LET ME into a tattoo parlor!
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
good lord i hated that game, i was an idiot at the time and bought it right of the bat without any deep investigation, i foolishly though that because it used the FR/DND setting it would be an RPG.

Fucking EB wouldnt refund it either :rage:

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
deus101 said:
good lord i hated that game, i was an idiot at the time and bought it right of the bat without any deep investigation, i foolishly though that because it used the FR/DND setting it would be an RPG.

Fucking EB wouldnt refund it either :rage:

But it IS an RPG....according to modern Biowarean standards...AND it has Patrick Stewart! :smug:

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Ed123 said:
Could never get the torrented version to run. Shame, as it was made by the same team that did one of the LOTR tie-ins, which I enjoyed as a casual hack 'n' slasher.

Ahh, I thought it played familiar. I actually played one of those back in 2003. I got the GOG torrent released a few days ago. If you want you could check it out I guess.

Deakul

Augur
Terrible console port with terrible controls.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom