Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

THE WITCHER 2 is upon us!

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
This head is not damaged. Someone was just fapping over it furiously.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
sgc_meltdown said:
MapMan said:
Fucked up busts, torn artbooks, broken cds (physically or CRC errors)

Should be fun seeing how the company is going to handle the fallout from this.
I have a feeling that CDPR doesn't have anything to do with this. So much hype and marketing about this game, they won't screw it up with such a banal mistake, like putting junk into the boxes.

The delivery companies and the post office on the other hand are not famous for handling deliveries with care.

MapMan

Arcane
J_C said:
sgc_meltdown said:
MapMan said:
Fucked up busts, torn artbooks, broken cds (physically or CRC errors)

Should be fun seeing how the company is going to handle the fallout from this.
I have a feeling that CDPR doesn't have anything to do with this. So much hype and marketing about this game, they won't screw it up with such a banal mistake, like putting junk into the boxes.

The delivery companies and the post office on the other hand are not famous for handling deliveries with care.

CD Projekt develops the game, not the shit thats in the box. A third party company is responsible for that.

Thoric

Novice
I'm sure it was David Gaider, infiltrating post offices and tearing up Witcher 2 CEs.

BelisariuS.F

Augur
Now this sculpture has more character. It looks like it was dug out of some archaeological site.

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
Thoric said:
I'm sure it was David Gaider, infiltrating post offices and tearing up Witcher 2 CEs.
If you thought that then you never had to do with Poczta Polska. They would eat him alive.

Mrowak

Arcane
Project: Eternity
Ha! If not for the bust I would have ordered the CE. Good thinking.

Still, the news about DVDs arriving broken - not good. I used to buy all my software in various e-stores before empik finally settled itself in the shithole where I live. I have never got any CD damaged, even though I often chose "Poczta Polska" for the deliveries.

sgc_meltdown

Arcane
MapMan said:
CD Projekt develops the game, not the shit thats in the box. A third party company is responsible for that.

would the third party company be owned by french conglomerate Vivendi SA

WhiskeyWolf said:
Poczta Polska. They would eat him alive.

I did an image search for this company and this was on the first page

uSVar.jpg

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
MapMan said:
I proudly present you: Collectors Edition Geralts Bust:

glowa2.jpg
Wait a minute.. This is not intentional? I acutally like these "bruises" on the model. :oops:

Stabwound

Arcane
Sorry to go offtopic from the wonderful conversation going on here, but how in the sweet name of fuck do you kill the Koshchey (spider thing) at the end of TWitcher? I can't even get remotely close no matter what potions I use. It inevitably hits me with "Pain" and bleeding and it's a complete ass rape after that point. This is the only part that's given me significant trouble and I just want to finish the damn game.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Sorry, Stabwound, I can't recall fighting Koschey at all, much less how I defeated it.

I've been watching trailers a bit and DAMN, this game looks good. I hope my 5850 does not have problems to run it a high settings.

Poczta Polska complaining is common, but they're not nearly as bad as some may say. I order a lot of stuff with home delivery and there's not much difference between the national post ofiice and various other shipping companies. Most packages arrive ok, but sometimes there are some damages. Never encountered anything major, though.

I still prefer to buy online with a delivery to a nearby shop. I hate to pay in advance for something I have not even seen before.

edit: Reflect Arrows skill allows You to reflect them back at enemies. Accurately. What a stupid shit.

Stabwound said:
Sorry to go offtopic from the wonderful conversation going on here, but how in the sweet name of fuck do you kill the Koshchey (spider thing) at the end of TWitcher? I can't even get remotely close no matter what potions I use. It inevitably hits me with "Pain" and bleeding and it's a complete ass rape after that point. This is the only part that's given me significant trouble and I just want to finish the damn game.

If you mean that huge spider thing in cave which spawns smaller spider things - you don't defeat it - you run away.

Data4

Arcane
Pull it into the large area with the wooden supports holding the ceiling. Once in there, fire off a couple of Aards at the supports to bring the ceiling down on it.

PlanHex

Arcane
Patron
Stabwound said:
I had a good deal of trouble with that one too.
I vaguely remember beating it by using some potion that boosted my accuracy up enough to use strong style against it while dodging frantically and throwing magic at it once in a while.
That might have been one of my failed attempts tho... :oops:
Probably a good idea to go either full offence or full defence and keep some of those insta-heal potions handy.
All depends on your build though. Use whatever you specialized in.

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
Stabwound said:
Use Aard, run close and deal two hits, run away, repeat. Use Tawny Owl to get the next sign faster. I guess I'd use Wolverine to increase damage (if Vitality falls down etc) since you won't be dealing so much damage with only 2 hits. If we're bleeding, use Swallow and/or Quen etc. That's a boring way to do this, but it works. And enhance your sword with diamond dust.

Jezal_k23

What I remember doing for the Koshfuck thing is basically Igni spam. When you're out of endurance, run around until it recharges if you're having trouble doing it every other way.

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
Yeah, this certainly also works (judging also from the youtube video). I think I didn't train Igni enough for it to be efficient, though.

Data4

Arcane
Ah fuck, that's what I get for not watching the vid. Yeah, I basically did what the guy in the vid did. Blizzard for the slow-down Tawny Owl and er... that health rejuvenation potion (not Swallow) and just run around smacking and dodging in the strong stance. I also had Igni pretty well juiced by then, so liberal use of it if you can. And make sure you're using the silver sword. Kind of a no-brainer there, but there would be times where my button mashing in a big melee caused me to switch up swords without realizing it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom