Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

THE WITCHER 2 is upon us!

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Be happy you'd play patched version.

Several major balance fixes (economy and fight)
On screen fixes (items descriptions, journal etc)
Audio mix fixes
Several audio areas, music, cutscene fixes and added better sounds
Many UI fixes (functional, smoother and more user friendly ex. inventory items selection)
Many fixes to quests, quests markers
Visual fixes to fade outs, blackscreens in scenes, cutscenes
Many community fixes - work, npc’s life
Big opponents fights balance and fixes
Many cutscenes fixes - animations, items, lipsync
Gamepad fixes - playing gamepad is now much better
Camera fixes - collisions with objects, collisions with npc’s, combat camera improvements
Some hair physics fixes
Minor QTE fixes
Several locations fixes - objects collisions, environments improvements, lights, effects
Crafting, shops, alchemy improvements
Added new autosaves in important places (ex. before fight with..., ..., ...)
Some random crashes fixes
Dice poker improvements - logic bugs fixes

turul

Augur
Gamepad fixes - playing gamepad is now much better

Who are those people who play PC games with a gamepad????? Let me guess, fucking XBOX and Playstation faggots, who were restricted to touch daddy's PC.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Excidium said:
Nice game so far, but I will start over without importing a save. Found the free money and items a bit too much.

Just get rid of the money and items. That way you'll still have the plot stuff from what you did in the first one have some effect sometime or other.

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
These Metacritic guys are working hard - they already removed half of the positive reviews and half of the negative ones. (I checked an hour ago.)

Notice how there are no mixed reviews :)

Reviews that state things like "This game is awesome from start to finish" definitely need to be removed. There's no fucking way they already finished it.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
commie said:
Excidium said:
Nice game so far, but I will start over without importing a save. Found the free money and items a bit too much.

Just get rid of the money and items. That way you'll still have the plot stuff from what you did in the first one have some effect sometime or other.
I might do that...

hyttenhoof

Novice
So where is the DLC with a sweet polish dub?
And if it is non-existent, where do I go to bitch and moan?

Gerrard

Arcane
MapMan said:
The shitstorm on /v/ is ridiculous. People complain its too hard! :smug:
:thumbsup:
Seriously, by today's standards the combat is hard as fuck. I 've seen people saying that it's as hard/harder than Demon's Souls (I'm guessing on hard difficulty).

commie said:
Excidium said:

Why would you get rid of them? It's not like they are overpowered.

The Raven armor looks cool, I will keep using it til the end. I wish there was a way to remove the upgrades so you could keep it up to par further in the game.

Also
30ufkeg.jpg

But the font sizes are still making me rage, especially since there's so much unused space everywhere.

a budda said:
Darth Roxor said:
The thing looks horribad on 1280 resolutions

AND NO FUCKING INVERT MOUSE, GAH

i seem to recollect someone saying you have to put "-" in front of some mousey line in .cfg or .ini

why isn't inverted mouse standard
Because it is retarded

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Gerrard said:
MapMan said:
Seriously, by today's standards the combat is hard as fuck. I 've seen people saying that it's as hard/harder than Demon's Souls (I'm guessing on hard difficulty).

That's what worries me. If there will be a retarded backlash at the difficulty, then CDP will be forced to turn TW3 into DA2.

DraQ

Arcane
Raghar said:
Crooked Bee said:
Sup guys whatz going on in this thread

I still wonder if I should play Witcher 2, or Fable 3.
If you have to ask, you should definitely play Russian Roulette.

Add extra rounds for more hardcore and/or use semiauto for modernized remake.
:smug:

Brotip:
Try farting if you lose (since flexing muscles will probably be probably out of question).
:troll:

Ptosio

Arcane
Elwro said:
These Metacritic guys are working hard - they already removed half of the positive reviews and half of the negative ones. (I checked an hour ago.)

Notice how there are no mixed reviews :)

Was about to post it. This thing is ridiculous and only spreads decline, no wonder why the websites remove their 1-5/1-10 grading systems altogether and go for thumbs up/down.

Anyone playing it with Radeon 4850? How well does it run?

Also, remember what I poseted some days ago about the Germans being the only hope for the survival of the RPGs? Well, don't know what to think about it anymore...:

21m85n4.jpg

and there are also all this reviews giving the game EXACTLY the same score as DA2 as if to show that noone could ever beat the Bioware ubermenschen.

Yet, on the other hand, it's no. 1 on the Amazon bestellers list (not like in Kwanzania where it's got beaten by some Disney Barbie shit, WTF) and that's 2 days before LA Noire comes out. Their Oyro could still buy the REDs enought potato to continue feeding people with awesomeness even though their media are apparently turds.

hyttenhoof

Novice
commie said:
Gerrard said:
MapMan said:

That's what worries me. If there will be a retarded backlash at the difficulty, then CDP will be forced to turn TW3 into DA2.

The difficulty is definitely a redeeming quality, it's not fake difficulty, it's a good challenge, and on normal it is very do-able if you don't just mindlessly buttonmash.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
Gerrard said:
MapMan said:

commie said:
Excidium said:

Why would you get rid of them? It's not like they are overpowered.

The Raven armor looks cool, I will keep using it til the end. I wish there was a way to remove the upgrades so you could keep it up to par further in the game.
The armor and sword look awesome indeed, it's just the gold that is too much.

Gerrard said:
But the font sizes are still making me rage, especially since there's so much unused space everywhere.
Yeah, what's worse is that little box for the item list in the inventory, while the area with equipped items fills like 60% of the screen.

Gerrard

Arcane
GOD. DAMMIT.

I got this quest to find some rare herb to make a potion.
Except I already found that herb before. And it apparently got used in the making of some regular potion. I didn't think that could happen since it was marked as plot item.
But since it was a plot item, it doesn't seem to respawn like normal herbs do.
:rage:

At least I was still able to make the potion with other ingredients, but now I have a quest that can't be finished.

fizzelopeguss

Arcane
What year is this? i just finished killing an insect queen with a sliver of health, desperately dodging, weaving, laying traps and using a multitude of spells....on normal.

I think somebody forgot that it's 2011 and it's required to treat your playerbase like retards and have them faceroll to victory.

Doma

Augur
The sword/magic paths are locked when I level up during the prologue.

I guess they will open up?

Or am I missing something?

Guess I'll put my point in Vit!

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
They open up after you spend at least 6 points in Witcher training.

It says in one of the tutorials on the Journal screen.

DraQ

Arcane

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
herostratus said:
guise, you realize that those accounts are jokes.....?

When it comes to The Witcher, it's no laughing matter....

hyttenhoof said:
commie said:
Gerrard said:
MapMan said:

The difficulty is definitely a redeeming quality, it's not fake difficulty, it's a good challenge, and on normal it is very do-able if you don't just mindlessly buttonmash.

Exactly. I'm not that hardcore to try hard or insane, but I like a challenge, and it's the first time in a very long time where 'normal' difficulty actually is tough enough that you will die with monotonous regularity if you don't pay attention. In recent games I've been on 'clickety-click' cruise control, barely doing anything but shooting/hacking/casting non-stop with the occasional health pack/potion quaffing but here you actually have to use the gamut of skills, signs and potions to get by rather than just spamming a 'win' button.

Exmit

Scholar
I've been a console gamer nearly all my life but that changed last year with Dragon Age Origins. Since then I've developed a taste for middle ages type PC games. The Witcher 2 seemed to fit into that category so I gave it a try. After spending some time with it I can say it's certainly no DAO - not even close! I don't care for any of the characters, the script and accents aren't true to any historic period or region, the battles feel clunky, and the music just isn't cutting it.

Oh right, what's up with the locked doors? It's 2011, are we seriously still putting locked doors in games?

wtf ?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom