Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

THE WITCHER 2 is upon us!

CorpseZeb

Learned
commie said:
There were no locked doors in DA or ME, right? Fuck me.

Sir, naughty little closed doors are marked as Red, sir. So no need to be confused, sir, just paying little attention to colours will be sufficient, sir.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
There are locked doors in the game? Fucking CD Projekt, can't you do anything right? :x Are you locking the doors in Potatoland? Here in Hungary we don't lock doors. I can go in to everyones house, and rape their wifes and children.

Ptosio

Arcane
Lol, Polish mainstream press apparently realised that the hype got so big that they should proably take some time and actually review the thing. Here's the result of on those efforts, the one from Newseek.

Można odnieść wrażenie, że premiera drugiej części „Wiedźmina” to wydarzenie porównywalne z konklawe. Nowa gra na podstawie prozy Andrzeja Sapkowskiego nie jest sukcesem na miarę wyboru Polaka na papieża, ale i tak należy chwalić Pana. Teraz szlachtowanie potworów ma zapewnić Rzeczypospolitej należne jej miejsce w komputerowym świecie.

You could be under impression that the release day of the second Witcher is a conclave-like type of event. A new game based on the novels of A.Sapkowski might not be a success as big as electing a Pole the next pope, but the praise must go to the Lord either way. Now, slashing monsters are to secure the Republic its rightful place in the computer world

Grając w nowego „Wiedźmina” bałem się, że przyjemność popsuje mi upierdliwa mechanika gier RPG.

Playing the new Witcher I was afraid, that the fun I might have would be spoiled by some pesky RPG mechanics

Ostatnia zaś to decyzja, żeby na razie wydać grę tylko na komputery osobiste, odcinając od przygód Geralta ogromną część graczy zwłaszcza na Zachodzie, gdzie komputery służą do operacji na Excelu, a do grania są konsole.

[what he doesn't like] is the decision, to release this game solely to the PCs, effectively cuttinng off a large portion of gamers, especially the Western ones where the PCs are used to work in Excel, and the consoles serve as the gaming machines

Also, the dwarves are the new Jews.

FaChoi

Educated
Damn those crazy poles, so much ploughing and no potato in sight.

Shame the game runs just too slowly on my machine. So close but feeling too much input lag and it's not a game that's gona let me get away with slow reactions unless I turn the difficulty right down. But where's the fun then?

Jezal_k23

Exmit said:
I've been a console gamer nearly all my life but that changed last year with Dragon Age Origins. Since then I've developed a taste for middle ages type PC games. The Witcher 2 seemed to fit into that category so I gave it a try. After spending some time with it I can say it's certainly no DAO - not even close! I don't care for any of the characters, the script and accents aren't true to any historic period or region, the battles feel clunky, and the music just isn't cutting it.

Oh right, what's up with the locked doors? It's 2011, are we seriously still putting locked doors in games?

wtf ?

Jesus, where did you read this?

Black_Willow

Arcane
Ptosio said:
Lol, Polish mainstream press apparently realised that the hype got so big that they should proably take some time and actually review the thing. Here's the result of on those efforts, the one from Newseek.

Also, the dwarves are the new Jews.
Newsweek, oh you! That's why I don't respect Polish journalists (well, at least since Rybiński died).

Also, Dwarves have been Jews since TW1

Black_Willow

Arcane
man this game really overdoes it. gahh. the graphics are way too detailed. they must have spent so much money making this, I wish it could have been spent on some worthwhile cause, like donuts that have a time portal in the hole, or training feminist women to play basketball with small dogs as a ball, or making sexy combat armor out of Cheetos. I hate how unique Geralt is. its so pretentious!! who does cdproject red think they are? why can't they make a proper hero? a bald beefcake who's always angry and thinks he's the coolest thing since anything because of the size of his gun and his perpetual frown. also, this game is blatant hetero propaganda, without a single scene of fabulous man-on-man action. and, there don't seem to be any outfits for Geralt that have large amounts of pink armor. this for me was the deal-breaker. I'm going back to Ninja Blade on my 360, where I can fight phalic monsters as a pink and yellow ninja. thats what we call "style.

All right, which one of you wrote this?

Gerrard

Arcane
Ptosio said:

retarded shit here
Why am I not surprised?

hyttenhoof

Novice
fizzelopeguss said:
What year is this? i just finished killing an insect queen with a sliver of health, desperately dodging, weaving, laying traps and using a multitude of spells....on normal.

I think somebody forgot that it's 2011 and it's required to treat your playerbase like retards and have them faceroll to victory.

OH GOD YES.

The fight with the endrega queen.. Best melee I've played out in years.

Stabwound

Arcane
hyttenhoof said:
commie said:
Gerrard said:
MapMan said:
The shitstorm on /v/ is ridiculous. People complain its too hard! :smug:
:thumbsup:
Seriously, by today's standards the combat is hard as fuck. I 've seen people saying that it's as hard/harder than Demon's Souls (I'm guessing on hard difficulty).

That's what worries me. If there will be a retarded backlash at the difficulty, then CDP will be forced to turn TW3 into DA2.

The difficulty is definitely a redeeming quality, it's not fake difficulty, it's a good challenge, and on normal it is very do-able if you don't just mindlessly buttonmash.
The great thing about the difficulty is that instead of just buffing the HP/damage between "Normal" and "Hard", it clearly changes the enemy AI. Try a fight against multiple enemies on Normal and watch how they act like retards, sort of running at you 1 or 2 at a time. Then change it to Hard and they will all swarm you at once. There's probably more AI stuff like that. The combat is definitely a welcome challenge.

I've played about 10 hours, and my opinion so far is that this is the best RPG in a very long time.

By the way: any way to disable the map quest markers?

Mrowak

Arcane
Project: Eternity
DraQ said:
So, what's the KKK on this?

:bounce: ?

:love: ?

Best gaem since TNO stopped resurrecting?

Hold your Dragons DraQ - the game is initially very impressive, amazing, astounding and FANTABULOUS, but even guys from sell out CD-Action complained about the ending... And from what I saw this is very recurring complaint among those who reviewed the game (especially German magazines). Still, just for the beginning I think The Witcher 2 deserves to join Codex's noble 10.

Mrowak

Arcane
DraQ said:
Mrowak said:
the game is initially very impressive, amazing, astounding and FANTABULOUS, but even guys from sell out CD-Action complained about the ending...
Then again, guys from sellout CDA also complained about Divinity 2 and gave it 3/10.

Ahh, yes, but you see... TWitcher 2, unlike Divinity 2, is completely mainstream, high-profile game at least in Poland so intensive cocksucking is nothing out of ordinary. Thus, If even such sluts find the ending to be incomplete and cliffhangery there must be something on the matter.

If it was only them whining about it I wouldn't take heed. Alas...

DraQ

Arcane
Mrowak said:
DraQ said:
Mrowak said:
the game is initially very impressive, amazing, astounding and FANTABULOUS, but even guys from sell out CD-Action complained about the ending...
Then again, guys from sellout CDA also complained about Divinity 2 and gave it 3/10.

Ahh, yes, but you see... TWitcher 2, unlike Divinity 2, is completely mainstream, high-profile game at least in Poland so intensive cocksucking is nothing out of ordinary. Thus, If even such sluts find the ending to be incomplete and cliffhangery there must be something on the matter.

If it was only them whining about it I wouldn't take heed. Alas...
There is also the possibility of the ending being of too cereberal nature for filthy consoletard untermeschen.
n7wkk.png

...and I sincerely hope that this is the case.

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
I don't know what the ending is, but unless it's some sort of horrible sequel hook or the game BSODs or something, I'm not sure what's to complain about. Games don't have to end on an "epic" note, as if being "epic" is some sort of virtue in and of itself, so so long as things get tied up nicely I really don't mind.

Also remember that there are something like 16 different endings. I would imagine that they vary a little bit, and that quantity may have taken priority over quality, which might actually be appropriate considering just how many damned significant choices there are in the game.

MetalCraze

Arcane
DraQ said:
There is also the possibility of the ending being of too cereberal nature for filthy consoletard untermeschen.
n7wkk.png

:lol: This is a console game. Talking like that makes you a giant hypocritical douchebag.

Lol consoletard untermenschen what do you know about your game? Let me show how to truly fap to your console game I haven't yet played. Just let me connect my XBox gamepad to my PC like a real ubermensch PC gamer.

Mrowak

Arcane
MetalCraze said:
DraQ said:
n7wkk.png

:lol: This is a console game. Talking like that makes you a giant hypocritical douchebag.

Lol consoletard untermenschen let me show how to truly fap to your console game

Look-at-me-I-have-no-idea-what-I-am-talking-about-but-will-be-whining-to-no-end-Cryway has graced us with his presence. Your 'valuable' input is always 'welcome' here. BTW, how's KOTOR going - oh-so-fabulous-PC-exclusive-Bioware-masterpiece? Have you finished your 12th playthrough yet?

MetalCraze

Arcane
I haven't played it for like 7 years.

And since when did it become cool to bash KotOR on the Codex?

TW2, DA:O and FO3 are awesome games but a superior KotOR that is more RPG than all three of them put together is suddenly shit for you, dear pretenti-fag?

"Uh I'm so elite I bash KotOR while drooling all over ME2 and TW2 where I chase the quest compass all the time - the true application for my ubermensch PC gamer mind!"

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Just give it up Skyfag. You're the last person that should dare to rage about others trying too hard to be 133t. Since you haven't even played TW2 then what the fuck is your shitty opinion worth?

Few here say FO3 is better than KOTOR anyway so why are talking out of your arse again?

Oh but Arma 2 doesn't have quest compasses right? Oh wait it does!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom