Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon Age 3 confirmed

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Clockwork Knight said:
They could pull a Fallout 2 / Majora's Mask - reuse 95% of the assets from the previous games so you can still make a good game (maybe even better than the last one, depending on who you ask) in more or less one year.

Sure, why not? With the art assets from DA2, they have 2-3 caves, 1 warehouse/hideout, templars, mages, qunari and bandits. That should pretty much cover their art needs for the next masterpiece. I'd imagine they wouldn't want to re-use many DAO assets due to the change in art direction.

Arcanoix

Scholar
That's "a big change," he said. "As an investor, you can see this as a way to better manage our IP, and drive up the ARPU for our core properties. As a developer, you can see this as the reason EA will be the most interesting and satisfying place to work in the game industry."

:what:

:hmmm:

commie said:
Clockwork Knight said:
this_is_my_orgasm_face.jpg

I thought he was squeezing one out....

Looks like he's doing both at the same time, now that you mention it

mediocrepoet said:
Sure, why not? With the art assets from DA2, they have 2-3 caves, 1 warehouse/hideout, templars, mages, qunari and bandits. That should pretty much cover their art needs for the next masterpiece.

600107-oh_you_super.jpg

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
mediocrepoet said:
Clockwork Knight said:
They could pull a Fallout 2 / Majora's Mask - reuse 95% of the assets from the previous games so you can still make a good game (maybe even better than the last one, depending on who you ask) in more or less one year.

Sure, why not? With the art assets from DA2, they have 2-3 caves, 1 warehouse/hideout, templars, mages, qunari and bandits. That should pretty much cover their art needs for the next masterpiece. I'd imagine they wouldn't want to re-use many DAO assets due to the change in art direction.

This woud be proof that DA2 was in fact a huge step backward, not good move for IP int... read EA share holders profit, anyway I doubt the Biowhore woud have a creative freedom to make something like F02/MotB and which is more important talented and pasionate people to realise it. EA Biowhore's future is to be Computer third word sweatshop, where lpw payed hacks will toil under EA whip to make cheap games untill the market will be saturated and Bio terminated. :incline: You know after seeing DA2 I cant play DAO all the worst points of the once ilustrius ancestors are now bare naked before my ayes. I't's like curse being lifted by Witcher, weird but liberating feeling. :salute:

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Big Nick Digger said:
They got a lot to prove with this one. They've probably scrapped all their DLC plans for DA2 since the game is a trainwreck. They better go back to the DAO formula and have a god damn isometric camera.
No, just delayed on account of feedback.
Fernando Melo said:
I'll try to address some of the more common points from the posts here...

Where is my story dlc?
For what it is worth we are continuing to work on story dlc, it's just that these have been pushed back in order to give them the time necessary to properly address not only the feedback from DAO DLC (which was always the plan), but also what we can address (within the limits of DLC) from the post launch DA2 feedback. So basically, these will take time - we'll talk about them officially when we get closer.
Luke Barrett said:
Obviously I'm not at liberty to discuss anything in detail about any upcoming story DLC but I'll say a few things that will hopefully sate your curiousity for now

First of all, it's awesome. Yup. Awesome.
Secondly, we're ensuring that it is of the utmost quality when it is finally released and as such have really taken our time to incorporate all the feedback we've been receiving from the forums and make changes/additions accordingly.
Third, it's awesome. Did I mention that?
Dalira Montanti wrote...

@Luke Barrett im sorry but you guys said da2 was gonna be awsome and itmturned out to be a half filled cup of chocolateso please forgive me when i say yeah ish skeptical on this yip

Certainly understandable. I'm just saying that so it's on record, allowing me the legal right to say 'told you so!' coupled with some sort of sarcastic smiley face
See that, it's on record. DA2 will be totally awesomex3. That would be a first if the DLC turned out to be actually better than the main game, wouldn't it?

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
You know, someone should tell EA that it's really fucking hard to create a sequel, plus provide patches and support to two other games at the same time, and serves less to build up hype and interest and more just to dilute expectations, oversaturate the market, and ultimately results in sub-par quality.

Eh, never mind. More fun this way.

rpg market oversaturated by 3 titles a year?
same people working on DA3 and ME3 at the same time?

Eh, never mind. More fun this way.

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
I'm predicting that DA3 will set a new standard of low so bad it will make Oblivion like a like Fallout 1 by comparison.

DaveO

Erudite
So, EA wants Bioware to follow the road made by 3DO and run into bankruptcy because the game-a-year model would lead to obvious beta releases. Of course, one could say that DA2 is already a beta release. :smug:

deuxhero

Arcane
Someone posted something in one of the DA2 threads before I haven't seen repeated, but I agree with it.

It doesn't matter how long Bioware has to work on it. Can anyone honestly say that any of DA2's flaws (other than reused caves) aren't something Bioware did purposefully and would keep with an infinite dev time?

waywardOne

Arcane
As was already pointed out, they had 4+ years working on DAO and all they did with it was pad it out with meaningless dialogs and cutscenes. Both the art direction and assets themselves sucked, the world was generic, the plot was generic, the NPCs recycled, and the combat mechanics bloated and redundant.

Bioware being on a short development leash will not impact their "quality" in any way.

Ivory Samoan

Liturgist
J_J_M said:
Trash said:
EA will suck Bioware dry untill it has nothing more to give. It's just how EA works. What I'm wondering though, can it be possily any worse than DA2?
http://www.gamecareerguide.com/industry ... _from_.php

"Our strategies could be defined as fundamentally 'defensive,'" he said. "Today, we are announcing a big shift to 'offense.'"

The first, he said, is pushing EA's stable of popular IP, including FIFA, Madden, Battlefield, Need for Speed, The Sims, Tetris, Dragon Age and other titles.

"We fully intend to make these properties into year-round businesses that lead their sectors across a range of platforms," Riccitiello said.

"YOU MAD?"
jricc.jpg

That dude is officially the devil.... antichrist.... 'lucifer', he goes by many names.

Where is his uninstall.exe when you need it *pushes random buttons hoping to delete this scourge on gaming*

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
DaveO said:
So, EA wants Bioware to follow the road made by 3DO and run into bankruptcy because the game-a-year model would lead to obvious beta releases. Of course, one could say that DA2 is already a beta release. :smug:

However this time EA is a good guy, because it tries to kill a turd.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Konjad said:
DaveO said:

However this time EA is a good guy, because it tries to kill a turd.

And cRPG genre's cancer.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Imagine the movie The Cube but in every room is a darkspawn. That's DA3. ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom