Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

No wonder Bioware wants to make DA 3 multiplayer

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
I get the same chill running down my spine watching this as when I see kids drinking. It's like, why, kid, why? Don't do this shit. Do you think us responsible adults enjoy holding you over the toilet and helping you vomit? We don't. Holy shit.

The only smiley that's fitting for this is the :cry:

aries202

Erudite
1) Is this young guy (looks like he's what 10 or 12?, maybe 14?) not too young to play games like Dragon Age 2, Call of Duty, Black Ops, and some of the other games, he mentions.
2) From a review standpoint, he is not doing a great job.
3) He needs to learn to write things down before talking about them e.g. his reviews about Dragon Age 2.
4) He needs to learn how to clearly and loudly.
5) He needs to get the info correct on the games, he reviews.
6) And by that I mean he needs to understand that DA2 is a roleplaying game, where you talk a lot, not just shoot people.

-oh- and 7)

He needs to back up his 'the game sucks' comment with examples...

attackfighter

Magister
It must suck to be raised in the xbox generation, all his games are short and shitty. I had only 7 games for my N64 and yet they probably provided me with twice as much playtime and fun as his 2 dozen console shooters/shovelware.

Mister Arkham

Scholar
Call of Duty games are all my middle-school age cousins will play. When I told them that I had only played the first one they looked at me and said, "Like, Modern Warfare One? That game is so old."

"No," I said, "The one that was just called Call of Duty. The one that took place during World War Two. It was on the PC."

"Yeah," one of them told me. "You're wrong. That series is actually called Medal of Honor. They used to be all about that 1800's shit until the newest one. That one sucks though. Total COD rip-off."

I can only imagine what would have happened if I had tried to talk to them about roleplaying games. Damned kids today, I swear to god...

sgc_meltdown

Arcane
Mister Arkham said:
Like, Modern Warfare One? That game is so old.

nextgen games journalism has done horrible things to innocent children

back in nes-snes generation if you talked about not wanting to play first megaman because it was old you would be rightly judged as an asshead

DraQ

Arcane
Mister Arkham said:
Call of Duty games are all my middle-school age cousins will play. When I told them that I had only played the first one they looked at me and said, "Like, Modern Warfare One? That game is so old."

"No," I said, "The one that was just called Call of Duty. The one that took place during World War Two. It was on the PC."

"Yeah," one of them told me. "You're wrong. That series is actually called Medal of Honor. They used to be all about that 1800's shit until the newest one. That one sucks though. Total COD rip-off."

I can only imagine what would have happened if I had tried to talk to them about roleplaying games. Damned kids today, I swear to god...
<voice in your head>

You know what to do.

</voice in your head>

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
My younger brothers both play on the 360, but I make sure they get a good dose of some proper gaming as well. Whether they like it or not. Younger brother was playing HOMM 3 when he was 5.

Havoc

Cheerful Magician
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
Ed123 said:
Mister Arkham said:

:x

Kaanyrvhok

Arbiter
I remember an article on the codex that talked about the sites bandwith and all the lurkers. This thread is proof. I posted this thread at like 2 in the mourning before I crashed. At the time the kid had 7 views. By mourning there was over 350 views, three pages of comments ripping the shit out of the poor kid and like 70 ratings with 65 negative. No wonder he took it down.

For anyone who didnt see it the main standouts was the kid expecting multiplayer because of EA's online registration, his annoyance with the unskipable dialog and his general dislike for the game though he seems like the audience they were (and did seeing how he or his folks bought it) were targeting. It was also a uniquely terrible review. My seven year old could have done better and he has speech problems.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom