Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Patch 1.1 Notes

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: CD Projekt; Witcher 2, The

<p>Seems like patch 1.1 will be <a href="http://www.en.thewitcher.com/community/entry/30/" target="_blank">ready in a couple of hours</a>. In the meantime read about the fixes:</p>
<blockquote>
<p>Internal tests of Patch 1.1 are well under way.&nbsp;Our current target is to release it this evening.&nbsp;Please note that although we are doing our best to have it ready by then, the time still may change in order to be completely sure that the patch will function properly.&nbsp;This is our primary concern since there are significant changes and upgrades that will affect many users. <br /> <br /> 1. Simpler and more reliable game installation and activation.&nbsp;Details to be revealed soon. <br /> <br /> 2. Fixed the free Troll Trouble DLC download. It is now included n the patch so there's no need to download and install it separately. <br /> <br /> 3. Fixed an issue that prevented some users from downloading other free DLCs (the ones given out with some pre-orders, special promotions, etc). The launcher now properly refreshes the list of available DLCs and allows for installation.&nbsp; <br /> <br /> 4. Performance improvements: approximately 5% to 30% better framerate and faster game loading for many users, depending on their individual systems and game versions. Owners of retail versions can expect the biggest improvements. <br /> <br /> 5. Fixed random crashes occurring on some systems, especially after saving and loading saves. <br /> <br /> 6. Key mapping &ndash; allows the arrow and number keys to be used for movement. <br /> <br /> 7. Added the option to invert the mouse. <br /> <br /> 8. nVidia surround vision now works properly. <br /> <br /> 9. More accurate assessment provided by the "auto-detect settings" option will help improve game performance. <br /> <br /> 10. Removed a bug that prevented completion of the &ldquo;Blood Curse&rdquo; quest. <br /> <br /> 11. Fixed a bug that prevented the additional link in "Extras" from being unlocked after winning the dice game against the GOG.com monk. <br /> <br /> 12. GOG.com credits now work properly. <br /> <br /> The full list of all changes will be available upon the release of the patch. If you have experienced any issues that are not on the list above, please don't worry. We have already started working on the next patch, which will address other difficulties and bugs, including those related to specific hardware setups; e.g.. Logitech g35. You may expect this second patch to be ready next week. <br /> <br /> Patch 1.1 will be available for all the versions of the game, both retail and digital, except for Russian.&nbsp; However, we would like to assure our Russian fans that we are aware of the problems with the your version of the game (thanks for your reports!) and we are talking with 1C about possible solutions.</p>
</blockquote>

Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Hamster said:
VentilatorOfDoom said:
Patch 1.1 will be available for all the versions of the game, both retail and digital, except for Russian.

:x

Knowing how much bratushki love TW it's a shitty thing to do.

Better framerate is good news although the game run very smooth for me. Also load time improvements? WTF? It took a second or two to quick load a late game save, 5-10 from starting the game to playing. Hugs if they can improve on that.

Fixing random crashes is good - I've got 3 during my first playthrough.

Bahamut

Arcane
Only thing that bothers me are mini sluggish slowdowns (had the same problem with unpathced FO:NV) after couple of mins of playing, the rest of game is working good

Hamster

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014
Clockwork Knight said:
I wonder what is it about the russian version that makes it harder to implement changes.
It's braindead faggots from 1C-softclub deciding that russian version needs Starforce.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Hamster said:
Clockwork Knight said:
I wonder what is it about the russian version that makes it harder to implement changes.
It's braindead faggots from 1C-softclub deciding that russian version needs Starforce.

Why do they persist with this shit when the rest of the world has moved on and it can be cracked anyway? I know Russians have that "it's shit but it's from the Rodina so it must actually be good" mentality, but really.

circ

Arcane
Wait. This requires something special.

CAPS-LOCK ON

CDP MANAGES TO MAKE A PATCH LESS THAN A WEEK AFTER RELEASE, JUST ABOUT

BUT BIOWARE TO MY KNOWLEDGE STILL HAVEN'T FIXED GAME BREAKING BUGS FROM DATOO? NOT TO MENTION AWAKENING.

WHAT'S GOING ON HERE?

Deleted member 7219

Couldn't the Russkies buy it from GOG.com/Steam or are they locked out?

Suchy

Arcane
aweigh said:
thesheeep said:
AndhairaX said:
andhaira.png

Hamster

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014
AndhairaX said:
Hamster, is the Russian version in Russian or English?
In Russian and they actually invested into a good translation and voice overs this time. Thats the only reason i can forgive them starforce.

Couldn't the Russkies buy it from GOG.com/Steam or are they locked out?
Yes, but i like big boxes with lots of stuff. Geralt's bust is gay, but artbook, coins, dice and cards are all pretty cool.

And i also bought a calendar. :smug:

Witcher_2_June.jpg

0_58090_cd152bba_orig.jpeg

aries202

Erudite
circ said:
Wait. This requires something special.

CAPS-LOCK ON

CDP MANAGES TO MAKE A PATCH LESS THAN A WEEK AFTER RELEASE, JUST ABOUT

BUT BIOWARE TO MY KNOWLEDGE STILL HAVEN'T FIXED GAME BREAKING BUGS FROM DATOO? NOT TO MENTION AWAKENING.

WHAT'S GOING ON HERE?

Yes, what's going on here precisely...

CD Project RED does not need to ask for permission, approval or certification from either Microsoft nor Sony to get patch approved. Bioware and EA need to do this. Bioware will do QA, then EA will do QA, then MS will certify the patch, then Sony, and then the process will probably start all over again.

Cd Project RED only needs to do internal testing as they are both the developers and the publsihers, at least in Europe, and probably also in North America.

On the patch situation with DA2, patch 1.04 is in certification and should be released in june or at the latest early july 2011

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
Hamster said:
And i also bought a calendar. :smug:

Witcher_2_June.jpg
Would you really hang that in your wall? :lol:

Nice ass though, that model would look pretty hot if somebody fed her once in a while.

Phelot

Arcane
That is the most ridiculous calender I've ever seen :lol: Holy fucking hell...

Excidium said:

...is...is Triss' back photoshopped? It reminds me of this pic

edit: oops, missed this

Hamster said:
Clockwork Knight said:

:lol:

That's gotta make more than a few russians turn to piracy, out of sheer hate

bonescraper

aries202 said:
Cd Project RED only needs to do internal testing as they are both the developers and the publsihers, at least in Europe, and probably also in North America.
It's CD ProjeKt Red. And no, they (CD Projekt) published TW2 only in Poland. In Western Europe it's published by Namco Bandai, in Russia by 1C and in NA by Atari.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
1. Simpler and more reliable game installation and activation. Details to be revealed soon.

"Adjusted the DRM on our 'DRM Free' version." :M

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom