Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The return of Mike Laid Low

Havoc

Cheerful Magician
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
FaChoi said:
Can't be the only one who thought of this watching the latest South Park.

501692-FSIO8UE.jpg

Send it to Bioware forums? :P

waywardOne

Arcane
laidlaw is a talentless hack and liar. i think his next job will be in politics.

Unwanted

Kalin

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
And as a rule if I don't feel like I'm going to be professional, I don't post.

Issues like level re-use, the implementation of wave combat, concerns about the narrative and significance of choice and so on have all been not only noted, but examined,
inspected and even aided me (and many, many others on the team) in formulating future plans.

:smug:

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
commie said:
Of course it's unrealistic, but that's the point: only something impossible like this could redeem him and make him sincere in his hand wringing. The fact that he'll never give back a single cent just shows that this is just bullshit. At the very least he could release a huge patch for free fixing DA2 as much as it can be fixed just as CDPR did with The Witcher.

Of course he won't do that either.

Brian Wardell released a turd in Elemental, owned up, and offered the new Elemental game for free as a peace offering for those who bought the first game. It's the closest we've gotten to a full refund, so similar things do exist.

Marketing may be a nice way of saying lying but so what? The point here is that he's trying to suggest that he didn't realise the game was shit at the start, and has just now seen the light, when clearly that's a bald faced lie.
I think you might be confusing Laidlaw with the Biodocs or possibly Mark Darrah? I can almost guarantee you Laidlaw didn't make any extra money from DA2 aside from his usual salary and those kinds of decisions aren't his to make.

eugene2k

Novice
Vibalist said:
He probably wasn't listening to the community. The fact he does that now at least leaves us with a decent chance he'll address these issues.
Of course. And introduce new ones in the process. Like it's always done. With every game developer out there. Because no one fucking beta-tests this shit for playability.

Karmapowered

Augur
This guy has 0 credibility.

He might get me to buy a vacuum cleaner from him in another life, but definitely not a cRPG.

edce452582463c385595cef28de8b2e0.jpg

Captain Shrek said:
http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/315/index/7475089
Laidlaw returns :/

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
When the Doctors sold themselves to The Devil, they now have to play by his rules.

The Dragon Age team should just stop pretending they make cRPG's and just make what their overlord Satan demands. A mass accessible Action Game.

AlaCarcuss

Arbiter
commie said:
Yeah, after pocketing the millions from knowingly making a turd. Jesus, he was dishonest from the start, hyping DA2 as the greatest thing ever, yet now that everyone turned on him, suddenly he plays the humble innocent who didn't know he done bad and will instead make it up with the next game, bla bla., and you defend him for it??

The ONLY option would be to refund everyone who bought this and wasn't satisfied along with a full apology for misleading the public about the games' quality. THAT WOULD BE THE HONEST THING TO DO. Anything else is just bullshit.

Ok, a little perspective here.

While I hate DAII and what Bioware are doing to the genre as much as the next guy - no one forces people to buy their shit. If you were sucked in by the hype, most retailer's will let you return games for refund within 7 days. There was also both a legitimate demo and of course the full illegitimate demo available to try before you buy.

Make no mistake, Bioware/Bethesda et. al. are not the problem here, it's the retarded ADHD inflicted casual gamers that lap this shit up and buy it by the millions and the biased 'on-the-take' reviews sites that promote these games.

These guys are just businessmen doing what they're supposed to do - produce a product that sells.

bylam

Funcom
Developer
Naturally this is complete hearsay, so take it with a grain of salt.

Rumor I have heard is that DA:2 was originally DA:Exodus - spinoff game for DA:O.
And that DA:3 is going to be what they had really planned as DA:2.

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
Jaesun said:
When the Doctors sold themselves to The Devil, they now have to play by his rules.

The Dragon Age team should just stop pretending they make cRPG's and just make what their overlord Satan demands. A mass accessible Action Game.
Except they can't do that well.

Rhalle

Magister
Dicksmoker said:
Jaesun said:

Except they can't do that well.

Exactly. Their ineptitude at selling out is stunning.

They either need to make wobbly, geeky mostly-RPGs like they once did, and thank their lucky stars for 5 million sales, or just go all the way and make the most lulzworthy, technically incompetent, consoltarded turd ever seen and get eliminated by EA.

And preferrably the faster the better.

Angthoron

Arcane
sgc_meltdown said:
Then there's Blizzard's RealID thing where they planned to list your real name and shit along with your blizzard forums account.

huge shitstorm

after several days of constant social media and gaming community rage and even 4chan saying this was the worst idea they've ever heard Blizzard finally went out again and said OKAY AFTER SOME THOUGHT MAYBE THIS ISN'T A GOOD IDEA

after this you had fans going WAY TO GO BLIZZARD I'M SO HAPPY RIGHT NOW THAT'S THE KIND OF AWESOME COMPANY I'D BUY GAMES FROM GOD DAMN BLIZZARD ROCKS

I have plans to kick you in the balls soon

nevermind I'm not going to kick you in the balls

come on where's the gratitude here

Yeah, this is pretty much liable to be the exact same situation. GEE OH MY THEY LISTENED TO US FANS LOOK GUYS BIOWARE LISTENS TO FANS.

Baron

Arcane
Mike said:
"I am absolutely aware of the concerns voiced here. Issues like level re-use, the implementation of wave combat, concerns about the narrative and significance of choice and so on have all been not only noted, but examined, inspected and even aided me (and many, many others on the team) in formulating future plans. Further, I'm not only aware of the concerns, but I agree that there are aspects of DA II that not only can but must be improved in future installments. And that is precisely our intent."
Leaving an abusive relationship can be a difficult process. Often the affected family member will attempt to leave 6-7 times before permanently ending the relationship. Offenders frequenty assert that they have changed, however the old behaviour invariably resurfaces, or worse, escalates with tragic results.

flushfire

Augur
mysterious-stranger said:
bylam said:

Rumor I have heard is that DA:2 was originally DA:Exodus - spinoff game for DA:O.

Do tell....
Trollface_RE_my_best_troll_yet_cut-s529x427-183758.jpg

DraQ

Arcane
Karmapowered said:
This guy has 0 credibility.

He might get me to buy a vacuum cleaner from him in another life, but definitely not a cRPG.
Vacuum cleaners *should* suck.

Jaesun said:

I see what you did there.
:smug:

aries202

Erudite
bylam said:

This would actully make more sense, especially the Exodus subtitle for what is now known as DA2.
But wtf did EA, and Bioware, not see that they could sell nearly anything with the DA and the Bioware logo on it. As it is now, sales are low, metacritic and user scores are low...

circ

Arcane
VentilatorOfDoom said:
I'm very happy that Mike "Sonic the Dork Brotherhood" Laidlaw is back. Can't wait to buy a DLC that adds another cave to DA2.
The funny thing about the DLC is that it doesn't actually add another cave most likely.

Let me take the DLC that adds the Sebastian character as an example.

You get a new quest: kill three sets of bandits in locations that were already there. Nothing special about the bandits either, one group drops a piece of armor that looks like all the other armor, with a new paint job I think.

Well later, in chapter 2, you get to continue the quest and you end up in a house. The layout is different, but it's the exact same house texture-wize that you've been to about 20 times before. This is the place with a mob that utters golden lines like 'Come! Fellate me!'. Anyway, eventually, you'll end up in the cellar, and at first you think, oh wow, a new dungeon, but then you notice the layout is the exact same as one of three dungeons, except this time they just swapped the textures to some pretty bad and flat bones and skulls shit. Oh wow. I don't remember the price of the DLC, but you're essentially paying for a voice pack and nothing else.

Havoc

Cheerful Magician
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
MetalCraze said:
DraQ said:
commie said:
At the very least he could release a huge patch for free fixing DA2 as much as it can be fixed just as CDPR did with The Witcher.
No patch, mod, tweak or fix will repair shit design.
M:

DraQ is correct. EE didn't help TW.

Neither Warfare or Queen's Gambit for ArmA. :M

mondblut

Arcane
Vibalist said:
A developer who actually listens to the community and plans to fix the problems and weaknesses in his next title?

ROFL. Do you believe in Santa, too?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom