Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

New CDProjekt RED title announced

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
:thumbsup: They're really having fun at work, aren't they?

:lol: I like this sense of humor from the developers.

ksjav

Scholar
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014
So the hero reviewer is called Marketing Todd :M Subtle

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
No really, this is why I like CDProjekt, despite having some issues with their game. The devs don't feed marketing bullshit 24/7 or getting blowjobs from the media.

They did their work, and shared funny stuff, as well as playable DLCs for free. If that's not a developer you'd like to support, then I don't know what is worth supporting these days.

Here's hoping for their crusade against DRM to continue.

el Supremo

Augur
Patron
My Polish is sketchy at best (moja mówi polski nie całkiem lepiej) , so I'm not going to make any subtitles. However,is seems CDPR is looking for a new Marketing Director, and announce it in somewhat funny way.

Monocause

Arcane
NARRATOR: Probably the most anticipated news since The Witcher's 2 release. CDPR fans will soon be able to get their hands on the most sophisticated real time strategy game ever made, utilising CDPR's new DreamJob engine. Marketing Director 2: Rise of Sales.

KICIŃSKI (Optimus' Chairman): Marketing Director 2 allows people to do what they always wanted to: play the most sophisticated real time strategy game ever made during their working hours.

NARRATOR: While the experts remain cautious first impressions of the game seem to indicate that it'll be one of the most sought-after titles on the market.

GRZEGORZ (game tester): It's like work. You need to turn up at a set hour, you've got meetings, lunches... Everything's extremely realistic.

KICIŃSKI: We're trying hard to achieve the highest possible level of realism. You need to pass a job interview, you need to get through a real recruitment process.

MAREK (programmer): This thing here on my screen is an e-mail application that looks and works just like the real one. A Marketing Director may send e-mails to every one of his subordinates or pretty much anyone in the world.

ON THE BOX:
"Definitely the adventure of your life - MARKETING TODD"
"Hundreds of hours and many a sleepless night - 9/10 Observer"

WĄS (game tester):
It's incredibly stimulating: as a Marketing Director I've access to Excel Spreadsheets. Each and every function works as it should. I think it's bound to be interesting for all those who are interested in numbers and figures.

TOMASZEWSKI (CDPR producer):
The scenario is basically completely non-linear. Let's say we've an event: the Marketing Director starts out with a very high experience level. There is an "Almost Impossible" difficulty level which practically means that you've only got one life available, only one chance.

KICIŃSKI:
Finally, even more good news: the Marketing Director gets a salary.

And then you've got an invitation to send your CV to CDPR for the chief of marketing position. The translation's far from being literal and spot-on, but should be enough to get the idea.

Angthoron

Arcane
Thanks!

That's a pretty amusing way to announce a vacancy :lol:

Who is their old marketing director, incidentally?

Monocause

Arcane
Angthoron said:
Thanks!

Since they've got two "game testers" mentioned I suppose it's possible that they're restructuring now and didn't really have a real marketing department earlier. Or perhaps the previous head of marketing quit, dunno - both Witcher games have been decently hyped and sold well considering that CDPR had no brand to speak of so I don't think anyone's got axed.

Angthoron

Arcane
Yeah, thought so too, maybe they are planning a big campaign for XBAWX or something.

Yep, thanks for that. These guys really like to joke. I remember them releasing a video about "new" Witcher game couple of years ago on April 1st. It looked like a typical NES sidescroller with "jump" and "attack" buttons, and they were talking about how they are taking full advantage of the technology.. Can't find that video now though.

Mrowak

Arcane
Project: Eternity
Monocause said:
Angthoron said:
Thanks!

Since they've got two "game testers" mentioned I suppose it's possible that they're restructuring now and didn't really have a real marketing department earlier. Or perhaps the previous head of marketing quit, dunno - both Witcher games have been decently hyped and sold well considering that CDPR had no brand to speak of so I don't think anyone's got axed.

I think they may be looking for the second marketing director for their other 'non-witchery' project. Hence, part 2 in the title. That way each director can be independent and focus on doing their job.

Exmit

Scholar
After watching this i'm 99% sure that some of them if not all are dexians or atleast dex lurkers :smug:

Hello CDPR devs ! - Witcher 2 is good for what it is, and yes i bought it :salute:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom