Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Bethesda Releases Concept Art

Shagnak

Shagadelic
He seems to be systematically going through every post and replying to it.

Weird.

Astarsis

Novice
Thanks !

Ya, well, hopefully in the released product (if the concept art is released) some acknowledgment will be given to the source of inspiration. It sure should be done that way.

Shagnak said:
Hey Astarsis, welcome to the 'codex.

Most of what you mention has been addressed in some of the other posts, so I'll just leave it at that...

I think any issues would have been dissipated (or not even brought up at all) if the concept art was accompanied by some sort of blurb by the artist.

If you clearly state the source of your influences/basis/direct quotation (or 2D art equivalent) then it is not plagiarism - as per submitting a university paper with clearly indicated references.
I don't think that placing an explanation in a semi-obscure forum (either this one, or a TES-fanboy one) is quite the same as being totally up-front and accompanying the graphics in your marketing material with the explanation.

And we'd also quite possibly get something to read. I'm always interested to know about the thought processes behind a creation.

Whatever. No doubt no-one cares anymore anyways :wink:

Chefe

Erudite
What the fuck? Who the fuck?

What's up with the Astarsis kid and the huge posts to himself? And what's with the quoting on the bottom of the post?

Get a grip, fucker.

Astarsis

Novice
Ah Ah Ah

Astarsis kid, good joke, excellent ready

Ya, quoting indicate what you're replying to
Otherwise it's quite impossible to guess

And since when did post exchange had to be real time ?

What a shame, I thought peoples here were grown-up able to have mature conversations about RPGs, seems I got mistaken perhaps

Well if you are not able to reply to the replies to your posts, you must be verry busy doing some awfully serious stuff, right ?

Anyhow, when you get a minute you can look at those posts and realize a few of those were addressed to you

Grow up Chefe !

Chefe said:

What's up with the Astarsis kid and the huge posts to himself? And what's with the quoting on the bottom of the post?

Get a grip, fucker.

Astarsis

Novice
Yeah, that's called finding some interesting stuuf in a thread that otherwise started in a rather weird way

I've been reading posts over here for a while... decided to talk, any problem with that ?

Shagnak said:
He seems to be systematically going through every post and replying to it.

Weird.

Astarsis

Novice
I can help, I'm already crazy, I can show you the way

First you must breath through your fingers, then drink a whole Mapple tree (the tree, not the sirrup)

After that you must chant

*Shub Nigurath is my master*

when Nyarlathotep appear, start screaming, that should do it

If it doesn't work, rinse and repeat :twisted:

Otaku_Hanzo said:
Okay. I'm not going crazy. Cool.

Wait... no... damn! I want to go crazy!

Chefe

Erudite
Paragraphs, man, paragraphs!
Coherent thoughts, man, coherent thoughts!

Trying to read your segmented, nonsensical posts is making my head hurt.

Astarsis said:
Grow up Chefe !

whenIgrowup.jpg

Shagnak

Shagadelic
Astarsis said:
Yeah, that's called finding some interesting stuff in a thread that otherwise started in a rather weird way

I've been reading posts over here for a while... decided to talk, any problem with that ?
No, not at all.

It was just kinda unusual for someone to write so many (lengthy) posts in a row, completely uninterrupted, is all.

Usually threads have some sort of dialogue effect (i.e. someone joins in at some point).

Astarsis

Novice
Shagnak said:
It was just kinda unusual for someone to write so many (lengthy) posts in a row, completely uninterrupted, is all.

Usually threads have some sort of dialogue effect (i.e. someone joins in at some point).

A bad habit of mine

I usually jump in at odd moment and makes comments on anything I find interesting

Chefe said:
Paragraphs, man, paragraphs!
Coherent thoughts, man, coherent thoughts!

Trying to read your segmented, nonsensical posts is making my head hurt.

Astarsis said:
Grow up Chefe !

whenIgrowup.jpg

Get an education, Chefe, it will be well worth it

In that picture of yours you look older than I imagined, you probably acted on my suggestion and grew up really fast.

With 1000s of peoples worlwide having used software I wrote, and many dozens junior programmers having read my design docs and executed my design flawlessly.... I think you can put yours silly pointless comments where I think they should go

Thank you

Bessides I read some of your posts (lots of them) and you always got that bastardy insulting condesceding attitude toward nearly everyone. I bet you were a bully in school and used to intimidate peoples because of your size ? Well, isn't it time you outgrow those problems of yours ?

Lumpy said:
At least, quote up.

quoting down is a bad habit of mine

fizzelopeguss said:
The codex is a magnet of the deranged.

Let's all pray to Chtullu, our master

Amen

That's it for this week folks !

No doubt Chefe will have some nasty comments, don't pay attention :mrgreen:

That said, Chefe, no hard feeling, but at least try to read what's addressed to you in that discussion of mine and make intelligible comments on it.... Once in a while you make interesting posts, I'm sure you can do it more often

Chefe

Erudite
Astarsis said:
Get an education, Chefe, it will be well worth it

In that picture of yours you look older than I imagined, you probably acted on my suggestion and grew up really fast.

Come on, that's the best you can do? At least let me have a little fun.

Or maybe all that time on the TES forums (you're the Astarsis from TES, right?) has desensitized your ability to come up with a retort.

With 1000s of peoples worlwide having used software I wrote, and many dozens junior programmers having read my design docs and executed my design flawlessly.... I think you can put yours silly pointless comments where I think they should go

Really? Awesome! Guess what? I'm the Queen of England, the Duke of Syria, and the Kingpin of Marine Biology. Millions upon millions of scientists worldwide have read my doctrine on the Ecology of Marine Invertebrates And Other Foozles.

Really, who are you trying to impress, or even convince?

Oh great Astarsis, I bow down to your intellect.

Bessides I read some of your posts (lots of them) and you always got that bastardy insulting condesceding attitude toward nearly everyone. I bet you were a bully in school and used to intimidate peoples because of your size ? Well, isn't it time you outgrow those problems of yours ?

I guess my life has been in vain. Thank you for showing me the light!

That said, Chefe, no hard feeling, but at least try to read what's addressed to you in that discussion of mine and make intelligible comments on it.... Once in a while you make interesting posts, I'm sure you can do it more often

Aw, shucks Mr. A! By golly, I'll try to be good n' swell!

Well, anyways, in the same vein... Once in a while you make a coherent post and use paragraphs, using more than just randomly placed uncohesive thoughts; I'm sure you can do it more often.

HardCode

Erudite
Astarsis said:

I hope that you use spell check.

Astarsis

Novice
Chefe said:
you're the Astarsis from TES, right?)

No i'm Astarsis the intelligent spacecraft, why ?

Or perhaps I'm the owner of that company called by the same name

Wait, Isn't that a first name in Malasyia ?

Ah, forget it, I don't have a clue who I am

Chefe said:
I'm the Queen of England

I knew you were weird ... but a crossdresser, really

Chefe said:
trying to impress

what ? you of course

the Queen of England

Chefe said:
even convince

I'll let you reply to yourself ... here

Chefe said:
the Duke of Syria

that said...

Chefe said:
I guess my life has been in vain

Wait.. you're...

Chefe said:
Kingpin of Marine Biology. Millions upon millions of scientists worldwide have read my doctrine on the Ecology of Marine Invertebrates And Other Foozles.

Ah, what a relief

Chefe said:
Once in a while you make a coherent post and use paragraphs, using more than just randomly placed uncohesive thoughts

Sorry, impossible. I can't do that. I drink too much cofee it makes my nerves ache

At least YOU are definitively coherent

Random quotes from Chefe talking to himself

Chefe_1
Chefe said:
Fuck you.
Chefe_2
Chefe said:
Take your pro-avatar bullshit out of my thread, pinko.
Chefe_1
Chefe said:
Leave my thread.
Chefe_2
Chefe said:
Chefe_1
Chefe said:
Get a grip, fucker.
Chefe_2
Chefe said:
Fuck you.
Chefe_1
Chefe said:
Do me a favor and don't quote me.
Chefe_2
Chefe said:
What is the magical spell I can cast to change my username?
Chefe_1
Chefe said:
I do like Phallus Maximus.
Chefe_2
Chefe said:
It has that certain ring to it.
Chefe_1
Chefe said:
I just made this name randomly a while ago
Chefe_2
Chefe said:
You're silly.
Chefe_1
Chefe said:
Chefe_2
Chefe said:
Fuck you.
Chefe_1
Chefe said:
Leave my thread.
Chefe_2
Chefe said:
Chefe_1
Chefe said:
Get a grip, fucker.
Chefe_2
Chefe said:
Fuck you.
Chefe_1
Chefe said:

Chefe

Erudite
mEtaLL1x said:
THat's Chefe Mix! ^)

Like Chex Mix, only with that added "Fuck You" flavor!

Astarsis said:
Yes, in fact, I DO have too much time on my hands. Why do you ask?

Just wondering really. But, like HardCode said, I hope you use spell check. I also hope you have your drafts proof-read and edited because damn... man.

Astarsis

Novice
Chefe said:
Yes, in fact, I DO have too much time on my hands. Why do you ask?

You're so out of speech you actually had to fake a quote ?

At least mine are all real, you should even know where I took them from if you're that clever

And, ya, those are posts, why should I care at all about the typos, hey ?

Pretty decent considering english isn't my first language, and that I jot down those words pretty fast. How many languages do you speak Chefe ?

Nihongo anashimaska ?
Puedo habla espanol ?
Parlez vous francais ?

Oh sorry, you speak the fuck-ya tonge, I should have known. English is your second language too. Congrats ! I'm trully impressed !

And you know what's funny ? While chatting with you, I still finished my report on time ! He He !

Chefe

Erudite
Astarsis said:
You're so out of speech you actually had to fake a quote ?

Of course, that's it. You got me. It certainly wasn't because your post looked like this:

Astarsis said:
Chefe said:
you're the Astarsis from TES, right?)

No i'm Astarsis the intelligent spacecraft, why ?

Or perhaps I'm the owner of that company called by the same name

Wait, Isn't that a first name in Malasyia ?

Ah, forget it, I don't have a clue who I am

Chefe said:
I'm the Queen of England

I knew you were weird ... but a crossdresser, really

Chefe said:
trying to impress

what ? you of course

the Queen of England

Chefe said:
even convince

I'll let you reply to yourself ... here

Chefe said:
the Duke of Syria

that said...

Chefe said:
I guess my life has been in vain

Wait.. you're...

Chefe said:
Kingpin of Marine Biology. Millions upon millions of scientists worldwide have read my doctrine on the Ecology of Marine Invertebrates And Other Foozles.

Ah, what a relief

Chefe said:
Once in a while you make a coherent post and use paragraphs, using more than just randomly placed uncohesive thoughts

Sorry, impossible. I can't do that. I drink too much cofee it makes my nerves ache

At least YOU are definitively coherent

Random quotes from Chefe talking to himself

Chefe_1
Chefe said:
Fuck you.
Chefe_2
Chefe said:
Take your pro-avatar bullshit out of my thread, pinko.
Chefe_1
Chefe said:
Leave my thread.
Chefe_2
Chefe said:
Chefe_1
Chefe said:
Get a grip, fucker.
Chefe_2
Chefe said:
Fuck you.
Chefe_1
Chefe said:
Chefe_2
Chefe said:
What is the magical spell I can cast to change my username?
Chefe_1
Chefe said:
I do like Phallus Maximus.
Chefe_2
Chefe said:
It has that certain ring to it.
Chefe_1
Chefe said:
I just made this name randomly a while ago
Chefe_2
Chefe said:
You're silly.
Chefe_1
Chefe said:
Chefe_2
Chefe said:
Fuck you.
Chefe_1
Chefe said:
Leave my thread.
Chefe_2
Chefe said:
Chefe_1
Chefe said:
Get a grip, fucker.
Chefe_2
Chefe said:
Fuck you.
Chefe_1
Chefe said:

ahem.

At least mine are all real, you should even know where I took them from if you're that clever

Ooh, that hurts. You cut deep. Of course I faked your post. Is this a new concept to you? And what the hell, is that your retort? Kid, you need to back away from the ES forums, you're arguing like those guys: "HAY! ur quote isn't real!!! mods devs! CLOS THRED PLZ! HIS QUOTE NOT REAL!"

Dumbfuck.

And, ya, those are posts, why should I care at all about the typos, hey ?

Clarify, plz.

Pretty decent considering english isn't my first language, and that I jot down those words pretty fast. How many languages do you speak Chefe ?

Tell me

in your language

do people

type

this

!

omfgwtf

!!

?

Nihongo anashimaska ?
Puedo habla espanol ?
Parlez vous francais ?

Oh sorry, you speak the fuck-ya tonge, I should have known. English is your second language too. Congrats ! I'm trully impressed !

Where the hell are your getting your insults from? What the fuck are you talking about? If you're going to insult me, at least be coherent and (at least) semi-intelligent about it. Using the phrase "fuck-ya" doesn't do anything except prove that you're an adolescent douchebag.

I mean, really, at least make your insults funny and give me something to work with.

Or, should I put that in your language?

Ooog gah ooa!

owhg gooock koog.

oog oog gah oomp gha ah!

onng gool eoow nnnou.

ahhg gaghh qmph urx.

goog aog gooq oog ogg.

And you know what's funny ? While chatting with you, I still finished my report on time ! He He !

Oh man, it must have been hard with a whole three posts eating up your time. It's amazing you got anything accomplished at all.

Oh yea, almost forgot. Eat shit and die, pigfucker.

Anoik

Novice
Astarsis said:
Chefe said:
Puedo habla espanol ?
What do you want to say? that don't make sense.

Option A - Can i speak spanish? - ¿Puedo hablar en castellano? (español is the person who live in Spain, castellano is the language that spanish and a lot of people from south america use.)

Option B - Do you speak spanish? -¿Hablas castellano?

Chefe

Erudite
Hablar is the root word, you wouldn't use it in a sentence...

Astarsis

Novice
You got me there, I don't speak spannish at all actually :D

just joting down some words I half remembered from a spanish friend trying to teach me some spanish words years ago. Still lucky it even look like spanish.

I was figuring Chefe *might* know spanish since it's popular in the US

As far as I know espanol was still used for the language, at least in some countries. But I won't debate this.

Anoik said:
Astarsis said:
Chefe said:
Puedo habla espanol ?
What do you want to say? that don't make sense.

Option A - Can i speak spanish? - ¿Puedo hablar en castellano? (español is the person who live in Spain, castellano is the language that spanish and a lot of people from south america use.)

Option B - Do you speak spanish? -¿Hablas castellano?

Astarsis

Novice
You're as clueless as ever

Chefe said:
Hablar is the root word, you wouldn't use it in a sentence...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom