Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

A Game of Thrones: Genesis

Breaking Axe

Educated
Yeah, Cyanide is making both a RPG and a RTS, like Landon says, this is the RTS.

Johannes

Arcane
Judging by the name and the dragon I'd guess it's some sort of prequel to the book? Conquer the world with dragons as Mr. Targaryen?

Radisshu

Prophet
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Game_of_Thrones:_Genesis

A Game of Thrones: Genesis is an upcoming strategy video game under development by Cyanide. The game is an adaptation of the Song of Ice and Fire book series by George R.R. Martin and will be the first such video game adaptation. A Game of Thrones: Genesis will be published by Focus Home Interactive on PC.[1] The game is due to be released sometime in 2011.[2]

JaySn

Educated
It appears Game of Thrones is being marketed to young adults, now. Most cartoony, this.

Mortmal

Arcane
A license like this would deserve an AAA budget , so we get an amateur trailer from an amateur team.Off course only a codexer would judge a game with previews and trailer, but it reek of amateurism and usually its the same for the whole game.

Andhaira

Arcane
Hmm, most of the trailer was ok save for the dragon. The dragon looked retarded.

ever

Scholar
If a game could capture Lannister greed and bickering, which was the best part of the first and third book, it would have my attention, yet I cannot think how this is possible while still being a game.

I can imagine games set on the Wall for some action role playing game, or maybe the skirmishes between Rob Stark and the Lannisters for a real time strategy. Renley and Stannis really don't participate in any fighting till Stannis reaches King's Landing and then gets destroyed.

In any case, I don't think the intellectual property would add to much to either type.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom