Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

So, anyone playing League of Legends?

Hoodoo

It gets passed around.
add Genericsum and il play with ya
on oceania servers I think though, if there is diff servers, i forget

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
There wasn't any option for servers when I registered and I've seen people speaking spanish and chinese/japanese, so I'm guessing it's global

I'm MetaSHODAN, I'll add you next time I'm on

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
huh, are you sure there's a EU server? there was no option when I registered...

edit: regardless, I've sent friend requests to both of those usernames

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
Hmm. Well I don't intend on making a second account, so I suppose I'll play with any bros on the non-EU server, sorry.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
The US server is for all intents and purposes better than the EU server. If you haven't already got a ton of friends on EU (like I do), it's usually where you should go. The reason being that the EU servers are plagued with problems lingering from the dark days when GOA ran them. Also, the EU servers are slightly less powerful than the US ones in spite of the playerbase on them being larger. Which means that there are frequent login queues at peak time, and players on EU servers get shunted to US servers to play their games to reduce server load.

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
So whos watching Dreamhack showdown for the next 3 days?
My favs are Fnatic, that potato Shushei is a marvel to watch play his Ali or Gragas. Just fucking amazing.
From US teams only TSM are any good and thats cause of Reginald and the most amazing jungler player ever to play LoL,IMO. TheOddOne is Tarzan of LoL.

Frenchy Against All Authority seems to be favorites,but i didnt see them play that often, nor Gamed!de who also seem to be damn good, for asian teams I dont really have any hope.

Whos your fav?

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
Ulminati said:
The US server is for all intents and purposes better than the EU server. If you haven't already got a ton of friends on EU (like I do), it's usually where you should go. The reason being that the EU servers are plagued with problems lingering from the dark days when GOA ran them. Also, the EU servers are slightly less powerful than the US ones in spite of the playerbase on them being larger. Which means that there are frequent login queues at peak time, and players on EU servers get shunted to US servers to play their games to reduce server load.

Shit, the US servers get their own share of login queues, so I can only imagine.

BirdsCanFly

Educated
bIXHE.jpg

yay Ashe

I play on US still, "Cenote"

CrimsonAngel

Prophet
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I missed the A bracket, but it think i will check out the B bracket when it starts in a few.

I do like that RIOT is putting some money behind LoL because the more money that the E-Sports scene the better it will be for the PC over all.

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
I guess I now understand the appeal of watching sports. (Except with LoL/other e-sports there is more of a hope of actually playing at that level someday)

Mystary!

Arcane
Damn havent played the game in 3 weeks but this is still exciting for some reason.
You really get to see how important tactics are. The high elo playstyle is so different from the random matches I get in, where people run around like headless chickens most of the time.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
It's quite interesting to see the difference in setups between EU and US teams too. I play on the US server occasionally, and the different metagame always confuses me a bit. That said, I think it'll favour the european teams since they've played more matches on the US servers than the US teams have played on EU. The US teams are going to be out of their comfort zone on this. Especially since the US meta favours roaming champs while the EU setups often go for very safe lanes.

CrimsonAngel

Prophet
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I have not played on the US server because i am not a race traitor like you, but yeah the EU servers tend to have some very specific ways of doing things.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Europeans are generally better than Americans at games. Play more, play better.

Mystary!

Arcane
The only difference I've seen sofar is that they say "mia" when someones missing in US. Very inconvenient to type so I'm trying to introduce "ss" to them.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
I checked out the HoN forums earlier, wondering if they were talking about dreamhack too.

Apparently, they have a tournament too. Their tourney stream has 15k viewers compared to LoLs 175k viewers. The butthurt radiating from the HoN community about this is delicious.

Padre

Liturgist
Ulminati said:
I checked out the HoN forums earlier, wondering if they were talking about dreamhack too.

Apparently, they have a tournament too. Their tourney stream has 15k viewers compared to LoLs 175k viewers. The butthurt radiating from the HoN community about this is delicious.

Masses going for shitty, free game. I know, mind blowing.

Watched some lol stream and after 30 minutes it had 9 kills. What the fuck? :retarded:

I know this game isn't supposed to be competetive but they should really remove flash from the game and get some heavy cc into it because right now it's a boring snoozefest.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Padre said:
Ulminati said:

Masses going for shitty, free game. I know, mind blowing.

Watched some lol stream and after 30 minutes it had 9 kills. What the fuck? :retarded:

I know this game isn't supposed to be competetive but they should really remove flash from the game and get some heavy cc into it because right now it's a boring snoozefest.

That's just the high level comp game. The low level games I'm currently playing are actually engaging and interesting because things happen and it's not stagnant. :smug:

I watched one stream and it was completely shit. It felt and looked very stagnant. Even level 1 newbie games are more interesting to play and watch.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom