Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

So, anyone playing League of Legends?

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
So I've got about 2.5k IP. I got Annie already. Any suggestions on new heroes to try out or should I save up for one of the more expensive ones?

edit- if there are heroes like them, in Dota I mostly play Strength semicarries (like slardar) or Strength casters (sand king/earthshaker)

Is Gangplank any good?

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
kingcomrade said:
So I've got about 2.5k IP. I got Annie already. Any suggestions on new heroes to try out or should I save up for one of the more expensive ones?

edit- if there are heroes like them, in Dota I mostly play Strength semicarries (like slardar) or Strength casters (sand king/earthshaker)

Is Gangplank any good?

Gangplank is excellent after the latest patch. I recommend you save your IP for an expensive champ or runes down the road - especially since all the cheaper champs come in the bundles and if you find yourself still playing a few weeks from now those might look pretty appealing.

Though I think Irelia fits your description pretty well. She's one of the best tanky DPS in the game right now.

Teepo

Scholar
kingcomrade said:

Is Gangplank any good?

Save up for 6300. Get a champion of your choice. You probably should not buy a champ before trying them. Especially Gankplank. I would avoid 3150 champs until you get the 6300 champs you like.

Gankplank is probably the worst of the carries. You will get zoned the fuck out unless you're good. Also they nerfed him recently, which basically took out his only advantage (he was still a very 'meh' champ) which was the ability to rape champs 2 versus 1 in a lane by denying them exp from a cannon minion. I would recommend avoiding GP until he's free for a week.

Jarban teh grate is good. Otherwise, save your money for a 6300 champ.

Oh! Blitzcrank is the shit. I highly recommend him.

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
??? Gangplank is considered top/high tier right now. (As of 1 week ago). Right now his passive has a built in auto slow. There are hundreds of threads in the LoL forums begging for him to be nerfed.

The problem with buying GP or Blitzcrank is that they are in the relatively cheap champ bundles, so if he were to decide to pick one of those up, he might feel he's wasted his

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
How does the collectors edition thing work? I was at Wal Mart but the only thing they had was a simple 10 dollar card. It's late so I didn't check Best Buy or whatever, but I see it on Amazon for 25. When I googled it I found a part of their site that doesn't work any more. Do they still accept Collectors Editions?

Is it a code? Will I have to make a new account?

Also I'd rather have more heroes to play than one really super expensive one.

edit-
I'm looking on their bundles page and they have it for sale online. In a kind of bizarre thing you pay 4k points, then they give you 1300 back. I guess. That's probably what I'll do.

Also one hero I noticed that I'm interested in, he is one of the 6k IP guys, he's Maokai. Is he any good?

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Mao is good, but difficult to play. More of a support champ, hes not the one getting kills and you need good synergy with the guy you're laning with. Doesnt really packs the punch IMO, after 10 games with him I gave up.

Otoh, I find Blitz, Gragas, Malphite and Rumble a blast to play. Lots of crazy shit is going on when playing them.

oh, and yes, collectors edition is a code that you put in the store to unlock it.

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
just an update, Team Codex is at 3-1
If any of you play together without me you also count as Team Codex, so lemme know wins/losses so we can keep track of how massive our penises are. You have to be playing together though, solo queues don't count

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Teepo said:
they nerfed him recentlY

wat

After the buff (it was pretty clearly a buff) HotShotGG and Shushei calls him "the fastest jungler in the game" and the pros are unequivical in ruling him a top tier champion.

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
KC, while that bundle is 40k points on the online store, it's literally 20$ at best buy and you still get the 1300 points, lol.

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
By the way, I've seen you guys reference Dreamhack a lot. Is this a tournament you just read about, or were there actual replays to watch?

edit- yeah I'll check best buy.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
It was a live-stream. You can find the entire saved stream online.

The lack of proper replays is still one of LoL's major weak points, compared to HoN.

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
I cannot stand watching HoN replays simply because, despite the fact that it is 2 years since it really came out, they still don't have hotkeys for speeding up and slowing down a replay. I mean seriously?

You know if you google hon replay hotkey or someting like that, a thread I made almost 2 years ago is one of the first results?

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Well, at least HoN has mods so it could conceivably be made. There were some nice fanmade skins and UI improvements in there.

Damned Registrations

I can't seem to do jack shit in here against the bots and I don't understand why. Looking at the stats after a game as Vlad, I dealt more damage, killed more (60!) creeps, took less damage, healed myself for a ton more, spent half as much time dead, died half as much, and generally did everything concievable better than Anniebot. Except fucking kills and gold. She gets 6 more kills, which SOMEHOW translates to 7000 more gold, and the ability to rape my fucking face off, just like every other hero I ever encounter. During the early phase they just dish out 400 damage like it's nothing while I can barely pull off 200, then pop a healing spell for 200 every 30 seconds. By the time I'm level 6 they start to outlevel and outgear me too. WTF? Do the bots just cheat extra gold and xp or something? Do they have massively decked out masteries and runes I can't access yet?

Damned Registrations

Tried a game against the begininer bots and got the kind of scores kc was getting. But obviously that's not the only issue because I saw someone rack up 36 kills vs the intermediate bots, so they aren't that good. Should I go mid maybe?

I know I'm still fucking certain things up (I keep forgetting to set my spells depending on the hero I play, or that the towers will aggro you for casting spells, even AoE ones.) but I don't get how that bot had 7k more gold than me from just 6 hero kills. I mean, 60 creep kills alone is like 1500+ gold in my favour. So each hero kill was worth... 1600 gold? What?

Damned Registrations

60 more. I had 170 total.

Going mid seems to help a lot. I can easily trounce the bot out of the lane, though it usually escapes with a few hp and I'm left to just farm until it comes back with better items, which is a pain, since then I usually have to head back too, which nets me pretty much no advantage at all. Ended my last game at 17-5-25. Fuckers stole all my kills in the mid game after I'd killed the mid bot several times and I couldn't build up very well.

The bots definitely have some sort of retarded gold advantage built in, probably time based. In that game the Ashe bot on the other team only had like 7 kills, way more deaths, less creep kills, etc. (Not to mention we killed the dragon twice and the big snake thing once too) and the fucker STILL had 20k to my 12k. Going to stop playing with bots before I learn to be too timid about attacking heroes due to them constantly having way the fuck better stats.

CrimsonAngel

Prophet
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
kingcomrade said:
How does the collectors edition thing work? I was at Wal Mart but the only thing they had was a simple 10 dollar card. It's late so I didn't check Best Buy or whatever, but I see it on Amazon for 25. When I googled it I found a part of their site that doesn't work any more. Do they still accept Collectors Editions?

Is it a code? Will I have to make a new account?

Also I'd rather have more heroes to play than one really super expensive one.

edit-
I'm looking on their bundles page and they have it for sale online. In a kind of bizarre thing you pay 4k points, then they give you 1300 back. I guess. That's probably what I'll do.

Also one hero I noticed that I'm interested in, he is one of the 6k IP guys, he's Maokai. Is he any good?

I have played Maokai a good chunk and he is a good Tanky AP hero, but his biggest issue is the lack of items for him.
He works best as a Support OF tank.

His Root mixed with his saplings can be one hell of a hard hitting nuke, but over all i recommend trying him out first because he is very weird to play.

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Maos combo nuke(W-E-Q) is similar to Gragas' combo(R-Q-E), its just that Grag is 3 times better and more versatile then Mao. For the same IP Grag is way better choice.

Damned Registrations

Is Tryndamere any good? Just got trounced by him and that invulnerability shit seems to last a really long time.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
DamnedRegistrations said:
Is Tryndamere any good? Just got trounced by him and that invulnerability shit seems to last a really long time.

At lower ELOs (aka you atm) he is king. At higher ELOs he is useless because he is so easy to shut down (stun, exhaust, CC in general make him quite useless).

The meta for melee DPS is tanky right now - that is, champs that do some damage with few damage items, have some CC, and can be tanky besides. Jarvan and Warwick are the most popular atm.

Damned Registrations

At lower Elos you apparently get 3 leavers on your team at the same time, but 2 of them come back just often enough to foil surrender votes. 2 fuckers disconnect at the loading screen (after loading to 100% and waiting for a slow guy) and when they finally come back, they BOTH show up in my solo top lane at once. 3 minutes later another guy on our team just quits for the whole match. 2 disconnecting fuckers keep leaving and coming back, sucking horribly, and refusing to surrender when the score is like 20-32. with all 20 of our kills split between me and the only other decent guy on my team.
:x :x :x :x
Same shit that prevents me from playing HoN very long. Sooner or later you just get a streak of the shittiest fucking players ever. Which of course lowers your ranking so it's more likely to continue. I seriously don't understand why the fuck they let players that disconnect from all their fucking games play with everyone else. HoN is supposed to have a threshold where if you leave a certain % of your games you can't play in ranked matches or public games set for no leavers anymore. But it doesn't mean shit since a leave only counts if you leave, don't get kicked within 5 minutes, your team doesn't concede within 5 minutes, and the game doesn't get remade. So people actually leave ALL THE FUCKING TIME and it just doesn't count.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
DamnedRegistrations said:
I don't get how that bot had 7k more gold than me from just 6 hero kills.

Every turret and inhibitor is worth 150 gold to everyone on the team. Every time you kill dragon, everyone on the team gets 190 gold. Every time you kill baron, everyone on the team gets 300g. There are also runes, masteries and items that give gold over time.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom